KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

i cannot flash my zte aqua please help when i flash it it stuck at boot (zte logo)

No one can help you if you can't even properly describe the problem you're having.

You need to install Stock ROM.

Then you must root your phone. (Have you done this?)

Why would anyone need to install a stock ROM to install a custom recovery? Why would anyone install a Blade III stock ROM to an Acqua (or V880E or whatever it is)?

Why would you need to 'root your phone'? Only thing you need is an unlocked bootloader accessible with fastboot (which all of these devices already have).

MJonMoDaCo

MJonMoDaCo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:PCs, Phones, Cars, Sports of all sorts.
  • Devices:ZTE Skate Acqua LG Optimus One

No one can help you if you can't even properly describe the problem you're having.

And so the problem began. Personally, I don't think he's going to be able to install fastboot drivers if he doesn't even get the instructions to get his stock ROM installed again.

Why would anyone need to install a stock ROM to install a custom recovery? Why would anyone install a Blade III stock ROM to an Acqua (or V880E or whatever it is)?

Why would you need to 'root your phone'? Only thing you need is an unlocked bootloader accessible with fastboot (which all of these devices already have).

Because trying to explain how to install CWM (which I'm pretty sure he shouldn't bother trying, come to think of it) via fastboot is going to be utterly painful, without having the drivers installed, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't have. I think he ought to just get the right stock ROM tbh, and leave it at that. Unfortunately, the vast majority of ZTE ROMs from http://ztedevices.com/support are hosed, as you're aware, but not his apparently. But...  It's odd.. the only entry under Malaysia (Digi) is only 18MB!!

Surely that wont do. Perhaps you can explain it to him, and you'll see what I mean. What to do Konsta? Because he won't be likely to want to use the adb interface to get this job done...

Spoiler

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

And so the problem began. Personally, I don't think he's going to be able to install fastboot drivers if he doesn't even get the instructions to get his stock ROM installed again.

Because trying to explain how to install CWM (which I'm pretty sure he shouldn't bother trying, come to think of it) via fastboot is going to be utterly painful, without having the drivers installed, which I'm pretty sure he doesn't have. I think he ought to just get the right stock ROM tbh, and leave it at that. Unfortunately, the vast majority of ZTE ROMs from http://ztedevices.com/support are hosed, as you're aware, but not his apparently. But...  It's odd.. the only entry under Malaysia (Digi) is only 18MB!!

Surely that wont do. Perhaps you can explain it to him, and you'll see what I mean. What to do Konsta? Because he won't be likely to want to use the adb interface to get this job done...

What do you mean 'get his stock ROM installed again'? How can you get it uninstalled? It's simply impossible to get the device to a non-booting condition following instructions here.

Most likely scenario: 'adb reboot bootloader' -> device 'freezes' to zte logo as reported (= bootloader, exactly where he/she should be) -> no Windows fastboot drivers installed -> can't execute fastboot commands -> comes here for help giving very little useful information.

MJonMoDaCo

MJonMoDaCo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:PCs, Phones, Cars, Sports of all sorts.
  • Devices:ZTE Skate Acqua LG Optimus One

How can you get it uninstalled? It's simply impossible to get the device to a non-booting condition following instructions here.

Most likely scenario: 'adb reboot bootloader' -> device 'freezes' to zte logo as reported (= bootloader, exactly where he/she should be) -> no Windows fastboot drivers installed -> can't execute fastboot commands -> comes here for help giving very little useful information.

Yes, that's quite possible. On the other hand, he hasn't mentioned whether or not he has managed to get to reboot the phone or not. I was under the impression that it was bootlooping? Hard to say, and I don't know if he's going to (say) either...

Spoiler

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)