KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

I installed the Superuser without flashing the clockwork recovery, so now I'm rooted even though Clockwork doesn't work, and that's what I wanted. Case closed.

Now that you are rooted, you can remove/rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. That is why your recovery is overwritten on boot.

Did you previously flash some official ZTE update with the stock recovery? My stock ROM (B08) didn't have these, but official B08 update does. B10 update then again doesn't.

LimeMiiQ

LimeMiiQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Now that you are rooted, you can remove/rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. That is why your recovery is overwritten on boot.

Did you previously flash some official ZTE update with the stock recovery? My stock ROM (B08) didn't have these, but official B08 update does. B10 update then again doesn't.

My phone is about two weeks old, I have installed some official updates, but nothing else. Are you saying that if I delete those two files I'll be able to boot into Clockwork?

Also, I noticed that you're from Finland. It might be easier for us to discuss this in Finnish as I too speak the language.

Edited by LimeMiiQ, 09 February 2013 - 02:39 PM.

kosova

kosova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3

Even though ClockWorkMod makes a backup of the recovery partition, it doesn't restore it. Usually that would mean that it would overwrite itself and that of course can't happen.

If you want to go back to the stock FTM recovery you need to flash it with fastboot just like you flashed the ClockWorkMod. If you followed the instructions under 'How to make clean ROM dump/backup of your device (before you root or install cwm)' you'll find your stock recovery image (as recovery.img) inside your first backup's folder.

hey buddy...im really stuck here...can u please give me the original stock rom for zte blade III i have lost the original one and im with a custom rom that i dont like at all .. plz reply as soon as u can

kosova

kosova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

does this mean you got yourself a Blade III? If you have I'll go get one and post a picture of three Blade next to a Blade III. lol

hey can u give me the original stock rom of zte blade 3

GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, HTC Sensation

hey can u give me the original stock rom of zte blade 3

I'm not sure MY stock rom is the same as what YOUR stock rom was? but if it is I guess I could upload it somewhere.
there should be a way to install the last official rom from ZTE though.

LimeMiiQ

LimeMiiQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I tried deleting those files, but it won't let me. I guess I'm not fully rooted after all. This is very weird.

I can use some apps that require rooting, such as titanium backup and ascreenshot.

I installed Clockwork ROM manager to my phone, and tried to boot into recovery that way, but that lead me to the normal android recovery, too. I guess I'll have to find a way to delete those files. Renaming didn't work, as I didn't have writing priviledges even though my phone appears to be rooted.

Edited by LimeMiiQ, 09 February 2013 - 07:25 PM.

GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
you ran fastboot boot -recovery.img- right? that means you didn't install it, you ran it directly from your computer (uploaded to phones RAM and then executed)

if you want to actually add cwm recovery to the phone use fastboot flash recover -recovery.img-

then adb reboot recovery to get into it.

kosova

kosova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm not sure MY stock rom is the same as what YOUR stock rom was? but if it is I guess I could upload it somewhere.
there should be a way to install the last official rom from ZTE though.

please upload it for me ..... man u dont know how much i looked for it !!! can u upload it today

LimeMiiQ

LimeMiiQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

you ran fastboot boot -recovery.img- right? that means you didn't install it, you ran it directly from your computer (uploaded to phones RAM and then executed)

if you want to actually add cwm recovery to the phone use fastboot flash recover -recovery.img-

then adb reboot recovery to get into it.

I flashed it twice, but still I get the normal android recovery. KonstaT already told me why, but I still can't get to Clockwork recovery.

andylonone

andylonone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, ZTE Blade III
Hi, I have the same problem of other guys here: i can use ADB if the phone is on and in android, but when I reboot it in bootloader, windows see an unknown device and 'adb devices' returns an empty list (so no fastboot commands possible).
I followed the guide but it seems that the drivers are uncomplete in some way... I tried the second way for rooting the phone in the first post without success. Any other ideas?

EDIT: tried on both win 7 64bit and win7 32bit

EDIT2: if it can help someone else, it seems that installing the drivers that are on the phone solves the problems (tested on win7 64bit)

Edited by andylonone, 10 February 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Prestodus

Prestodus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
I'm having some problems trying to install this.
I've read through the thread to look for solutions, but haven't found any.
Basically, when I reboot into bootloader the green android stays on my screen. I think this is normal behaviour, if I'm correct?
But then when I try to flash the recovery, I can't get past the < waiting for device > message.
This is what I did (multiple times):
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\web02>cd c:\adb
c:\adb>dir
Volume in drive C is System
Volume Serial Number is 0016-20EF
Directory of c:\adb
11/02/2013 10:15 <DIR>		 .
11/02/2013 10:15 <DIR>		 ..
06/12/2012 04:44		 815.104 adb.exe
06/12/2012 04:44		 157.184 fastboot.exe
11/02/2013 09:32		 5.963.776 recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img
			 3 File(s)	 6.936.064 bytes
			 2 Dir(s) 394.478.432.256 bytes free
c:\adb>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
P772N10 device

c:\adb>adb devices
List of devices attached
P772N10 device

c:\adb>adb reboot bootloader
c:\adb>fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img
< waiting for device >

I think I installed all drivers correctly, and I am running windows 7 64 bit.
My phone is connected with usb debugging as an installer.

Edited by Prestodus, 11 February 2013 - 10:04 AM.

x6itru

x6itru

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Game programming, C++ & OpenGL
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, ASUS Nexus 7
try
fastboot devices
first, if you dont see you device you have to install drivers correctly.

Prestodus

Prestodus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
fastboot devices does show my device, so that shouldn't be the problem.
How long is the < waiting for device > surposed to take? Should it be instant or should it take a longer time?

GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

fastboot devices does show my device, so that shouldn't be the problem.
How long is the < waiting for device > surposed to take? Should it be instant or should it take a longer time?

it should be instant.

can you send a pastebin when you run all the commands? fastboot devices as well?

Edited by GizmoTheGreen, 11 February 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Prestodus

Prestodus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hmm, I can't get it to work, is the procedure that I'm following correct?
1 - Connect via USB, USB debugging is on
2 - CD to the right directory (checked with dir)
3 - Check for device (shows P772N10)
4 - adb reboot bootloader (phone enters bootloader, android icon stays on screen)
5 - fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

After that I get stuck with nothing to do other than removing the battery and disconnecting the USB cable.

Edit: http://pastebin.com/nkxQmBRe

Fastboot devices returns nothing when I'm in bootloader, I guess this is the problem?
If I look in device manager while in bootloader, there's a device in the category "Other devices" called "Android", but the information says that no driver is installed.
If I click update driver, it can't find one.
Where can I find bootloader drivers for the Blade III?

Edit 2:
Found a driver!
For anyone having the same problem, you can download it here: https://drive.google...U3hRZzhPVDFwN2M

Edited by Prestodus, 11 February 2013 - 11:16 AM.

GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Hmm, I can't get it to work, is the procedure that I'm following correct?
1 - Connect via USB, USB debugging is on
2 - CD to the right directory (checked with dir)
3 - Check for device (shows P772N10)
4 - adb reboot bootloader (phone enters bootloader, android icon stays on screen)
5 - fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

After that I get stuck with nothing to do other than removing the battery and disconnecting the USB cable.

Edit: http://pastebin.com/nkxQmBRe

Fastboot devices returns nothing when I'm in bootloader, I guess this is the problem?
If I look in device manager while in bootloader, there's a device in the category "Other devices" called "Android", but the information says that no driver is installed.
If I click update driver, it can't find one.
Where can I find bootloader drivers for the Blade III?

Edit 2:
Found a driver!
For anyone having the same problem, you can download it here: https://drive.google...U3hRZzhPVDFwN2M

I take it it's working now, congrats :)

andylonone

andylonone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Edit 2:
Found a driver!

Good ;) for all people having the same trouble try this:
1) Boot the phone into Android
2) Connect phone to pc with USB cable
3) An autorun should start in Windows, launch the setup
3.1) If not, check in system devices, a new device with drivers should be there
4) Retry KonstaT guide
4.1) Not working again? Try installing Prestodus drivers and refollow KonstaT guide

It should work now ;)

GarryHD

GarryHD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hello, I try to install fastboot driver and I receive this error. Why? Please help!

I use Windows 8 Enterprise.

Posted Image

andylonone

andylonone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I think the driver is corrupted (try downloading it again) or it is incompatible with win 8.
If re-downloading doesn't fix the problem try on another OS ;)

GarryHD

GarryHD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I think the driver is corrupted (try downloading it again) or it is incompatible with win 8.
If re-downloading doesn't fix the problem try on another OS ;)

I think so that OS is problem now, but I want a solution for this, if exist... I don't want to replace the system now... maybe is a solution for disconnecting checking signature? I made root for the phone.

adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
P772N10_OMD device

< waiting for device >

and nothing :(

Edit: I founded an usb driver in extras from SDK Manager and now the driver is installed :)

Edit2: Is working, I must to install same driver 2 time, but he is go, I installed cwm, now I set a backup, then I try CM10.

Edited by GarryHD, 17 February 2013 - 11:36 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

beautyangel