[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.9 for ZTE Blade III

* * * * * 4 votes

165 replies to this topic

LimeMiiQ

LimeMiiQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hey, I'm back again. My phone has started rebooting randomly everytime it's unplugged. I'm pretty sure that this is just a faulty phone, as I have tried restoring to the backup I made before flashing, and going back to the factory settings, but nothing seems to help. I'm going to get my phone serviced, so I want to know if I have to do any Stock ROM flashing or anything like that. I haven't done anything else than rooted the phone. I flashed Clockwork and installed Superuser. That's all.

TL;DR I flashed Clockwork and installed superuser, now I'm going to get the phone serviced. Do I need to do anything before (for example, flash a stock rom) for them to accept it into service?

Yrmiö

Yrmiö

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, ZTE Blade 3

Hey, I'm back again. My phone has started rebooting randomly everytime it's unplugged. I'm pretty sure that this is just a faulty phone, as I have tried restoring to the backup I made before flashing, and going back to the factory settings, but nothing seems to help. I'm going to get my phone serviced, so I want to know if I have to do any Stock ROM flashing or anything like that. I haven't done anything else than rooted the phone. I flashed Clockwork and installed Superuser. That's all.

TL;DR I flashed Clockwork and installed superuser, now I'm going to get the phone serviced. Do I need to do anything before (for example, flash a stock rom) for them to accept it into service?

Faulty phone. My first Blade did random reboots even with original rom and recovery. New one from rma works well now.

Edited by Yrmiö, 18 February 2013 - 01:57 PM.

LimeMiiQ

LimeMiiQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
That's what I said. I'm not blaming this guide for anything. What I'm asking is if I need to reflash a stock rom or something so that they'll accept the device for service.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Inside EU it shouldn't matter if your phone is rooted or has a custom recovery. If you have a hardware fault in your device, it should be repaired unless they can prove that you have somehow caused it yourself.

If I was to return my device to warranty, I would restore an unrooted stock ROM and stock recovery just in case. It's very simple and there really isn't any reason not to. I added stock recovery (B10) to the first post in a ClockWorkMod flashable zip. You can use it flash official updates.

mental_pyro

mental_pyro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3
firstly thank you for the rom KonstaT :)

secondly i flashed this rom onto my partners phone and forgot to make a back up of the stock dose anyone have a stock rom foe the blade 3 uk/eu? (not dual core)

beggin

beggin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
When I'm in ClockworkMod Recovery and I try to install a zip through adb shell from my computer, I always get "sh: /sbin/postrecoveryboot.sh: not found" when the zip begins to install. It installs successfully, however it instantly reboots the phone into a normal state after it has installed, without giving me a chance to wipe data factory, etc.

It works fine when I install the zip through the menu using the volume keys and power button. I'm only having this problem when using adb shell commands.

Any idea what's causing this? I have this problem with all zip files, including the superuser zip.

edit: I may be completely off here, but I did a bit of Googling and it may be because postrecoveryboot.sh is missing either here or here. Not sure. Or maybe it's related to the individual zip file? I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Edited by beggin, 23 February 2013 - 03:51 AM.

x6itru

x6itru

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Game programming, C++ & OpenGL
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, ASUS Nexus 7
Try to use fastboot.
fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

Edited by x6itru, 23 February 2013 - 09:48 AM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

When I'm in ClockworkMod Recovery and I try to install a zip through adb shell from my computer, I always get "sh: /sbin/postrecoveryboot.sh: not found" when the zip begins to install. It installs successfully, however it instantly reboots the phone into a normal state after it has installed, without giving me a chance to wipe data factory, etc.

It works fine when I install the zip through the menu using the volume keys and power button. I'm only having this problem when using adb shell commands.

Any idea what's causing this? I have this problem with all zip files, including the superuser zip.

edit: I may be completely off here, but I did a bit of Googling and it may be because postrecoveryboot.sh is missing either here or here. Not sure. Or maybe it's related to the individual zip file? I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Huh, what? :o First you have to explain how and why you're installing packages in adb shell? Is that even supposed to be possible? I had no idea...

How about using adb sideload instead? It will push package using adb and install it after that. It works just fine for me.

papars

papars

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Acqua
Question:
What will suppose to happen if by accident I try to flash a bigger partition than physically available?

For example the system partition (mmcblk0p19) is 400Mb. What will be the result if I try to flash 450Mb to it?

At first this might be a stupid question, but let's say I don't know the correct size and I accidentally place lots of apk in the zip file.
CWM will complain before doing anything?
It will write the first 400Mb then give an error?
It will write the first 400Mb then the rest in the next partition?
It will mess up completely the mmc?

I've bricked my phone 2 times while trying to flash a modified ROM and I still haven't figure out what went wrong.
To avoid the same mistake I have deleted those ROM files (so I can't check the problem), but the only reason I can think for my brick is a huge system partition.

x19er

x19er

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Franciso, Blade III

Good ;) for all people having the same trouble try this:
1) Boot the phone into Android
2) Connect phone to pc with USB cable
3) An autorun should start in Windows, launch the setup
3.1) If not, check in system devices, a new device with drivers should be there
4) Retry KonstaT guide
4.1) Not working again? Try installing Prestodus drivers and refollow KonstaT guide

It should work now ;)

Hi folks,

I too had the bootloader driver issue - brand new phone from Virgin. Followed the above instructions, ie installed the drivers from the phone's own virtual CD-ROM, that got adb working, then after adb reboot bootloader, installed Prestodus fastboot drivers. All worked well and I was able to boot CWM over fastboot to backup the entire phone before I start playing with it :D

Many thanks.

Edited by x19er, 25 February 2013 - 04:31 PM.

miniy0u

miniy0u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Bravo, ZTE BLADE III

You can probably 'dd if=/sdcard/recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17' but I haven't tested that.

Would like to confirm this. Had the <waiting for device> problem, and this sorted if out. Much easier for me: first adb push for moving the .img, and then adb shell to get the prompt. Executed the command and it was done in seconds.

Of course confirmed by rebooting into recovery. Did a nandroid backup w/o probs.

Thanks!

Edited by miniy0u, 14 March 2013 - 11:39 AM.

JK-FINN

JK-FINN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

I installed the Superuser without flashing the clockwork recovery, so now I'm rooted even though Clockwork doesn't work, and that's what I wanted. Case closed.

How exactly did you get Superuser to work?

Now that you are rooted, you can remove/rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. That is why your recovery is overwritten on boot.

Did you previously flash some official ZTE update with the stock recovery? My stock ROM (B08) didn't have these, but official B08 update does. B10 update then again doesn't.

I too have the same problem, always lose clockwork recovery after boot. Phone only gets to FTM or stock recovery.

When I got the phone, it had b10 inside.

I tried b8 from here
http://wwwen.zte.com...mobile/Finland/

and generic update b10 from here
http://www.modaco.co...4/#entry2078675

but with same results: no luck, still loses CWM at boot.

Any help, or other ways to root, so I can try to delete those files KonstaT recommended?

(The phone is from Elisa in Finland)

JK-FINN

JK-FINN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I finally managed to install Clockwork recovery (check post #72).

First I downgraded to b8 (to be able to root)

then I rooted with Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v16.zip.

http://tech2.hu/zte-...ot-leiras-17455

After that I renamed 2 files as per KonstaT's instructions

Now that you are rooted, you can remove/rename /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.

After that I just followed the instructions from the first post, adb and fastboot, you know the dance. CM10.1 running in the phone, now :)

BTW.

To get the fastboot drivers to work (win64) I had to use the drivers from inside the phone and a usb2 port, not a usb3 port. In fastboot I had to wait something like 10 seconds to find the phone, I used fastboot devices -command to see when the connection to phone is ready.

Sopiva

Sopiva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

I finally managed to install Clockwork recovery (check post #72).

First I downgraded to b8 (to be able to root)

Do you happen to have this file stored? It is not available from that site anymore unfortunately.

JK-FINN

JK-FINN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Do you happen to have this file stored? It is not available from that site anymore unfortunately.

Yes, it is.

Finland Blade III SD card upgrading instruction & software package(Elisa)(2012-10-10)

Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v16
https://mega.co.nz/#...wugOa7GUBn5LJBU

(
EDIT: added a backup link for b8, just to be sure in the future:
https://mega.co.nz/#...h1j4f1igVmlHq9w
)

Edited by JK-FINN, 06 April 2013 - 09:45 AM.

Sopiva

Sopiva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Thanks! I got the Root_with_Restore now done correctly. One question though; how did you remove/rename those files? I cant find them through my computer (doesn't show anything on Phone) and Astro cannot delete nor rename them.

NVM, solved it! Found "root explorer" from Market and that got the job done.

Thanks, got CM10.1 installed now :)

Edited by Sopiva, 05 April 2013 - 06:34 PM.

JK-FINN

JK-FINN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

One question though; how did you remove/rename those files? I cant find them through my computer (doesn't show anything on Phone) and Astro cannot delete nor rename them.

NVM, solved it! Found "root explorer" from Market and that got the job done.

I used ES File Explorer to rename the files.

https://play.google....droid.pop&hl=en

You have to give all root access to ES File Explorer in the Root settings of ES.

Something Wierd

Something Wierd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
I use total comander for those things.Easyer for changing from one folder to another.

Prestodus

Prestodus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
So I just got myself a new blade 3 by warranty.
I installed the USB drivers, and the phone shows up as Android ADB Interface.
When I try adb devices though, the device does not show up.
It's connected with debugging and PTP on.

(By the way, the blade 3 is now 99 euro here :o)

Edited by Prestodus, 12 April 2013 - 08:07 PM.

xtian19

xtian19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Can someone help me.. Im stuck at installing blade 3 usb driver on my laptop(win 7 32bit). it can't recognize the "MT65xx Android phone" driver. I've tried downloading several driver here: http://www.modaco.co...stawin7-x86x64/ but nothing work. can you give me a step by step instruction and the correct file/s to use to be able to install the driver so I can continue rooting. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users