[ROM][20.1] Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Saliom

Hi, i'm a newbie on this forum and with android too, so here is my problem.

I have constant random reboots on my ZTE Blade III purchased in Belgium, first, i tried to send it to repare center via ma guarantee, and it didn't help at all, they just sent it back without changing anything to it. So i tried CM10 and it didn't help neither, but because i read that it wasn't stable at all i decided to use your Aurore Borealis rom. At first it worked perfectly fine, but after a few day the reboots were back, and now it's like i was on the original rom.

Here is my question, i'm looking for the original rom of the ZTE Blade III coming from Belgium, do you have any idea on where i could find it? because when i try via the ZTE website all i can find is this http://wwwen.zte.com...mobile/Belgium/ and it seems to be only an update and not the whole rom, before doing anything stupid i would like to know if this update is ok to install the whole rom ? (i guess not but i'm not expert so...) and if no, can you help me find that rom?

i've seen a lot this website : http://firmware.pp.ua/ but i don't trust it, it seem to be send everytime by a bot on the forums i read and doesn't seem sure at all.

Or if you can't help me about the original rom, do you have any idea on what i could do to stop those random reboots? generally when it reboots itself, the battery has a huge drop from 80% before reboot to 20% after random reboot, and when i make a manual reboot after that the battery seems to be back at 80%, if you think it's the battery the problem, then i really need the original rom cause i don't think the shop will let me use the guarantee with a custom rom installed on the phone, they'll try to input the fault to the custom rom...

Thanks in advance for your help, if you think i should make a new topic about this or should post this message somewhere else just say so and i'll do it, i didn't know where to post this.

EDIT:

I just saw that you're speaking about a nandroid backup, i guess that if i make one witht he ZTE Blade III of my gf, i should be able to use it to install the stock rom?

Edited by Saliom

Guest phaapane

Here is my question, i'm looking for the original rom of the ZTE Blade III coming from Belgium, do you have any idea on where i could find it? because when i try via the ZTE website all i can find is this http://wwwen.zte.com...mobile/Belgium/ and it seems to be only an update and not the whole rom, before doing anything stupid i would like to know if this update is ok to install the whole rom ? (i guess not but i'm not expert so...) and if no, can you help me find that rom?

i've seen a lot this website : http://firmware.pp.ua/ but i don't trust it, it seem to be send everytime by a bot on the forums i read and doesn't seem sure at all.

Thanks in advance for your help, if you think i should make a new topic about this or should post this message somewhere else just say so and i'll do it, i didn't know where to post this.

Download "Belgium Blade III SD card upgrading instruction & software package(KPN)" and you'll find the Belgium rom inside the zip (this is from ZTE's homepage under manuals tab at http://goo.gl/QzfCX). :)

Edited by phaapane

Guest Saliom

Thx Phaapane, but that's what i wanted to point, this is that file that i find and that seem to be only a update and so not a install of the whole rom, but i might be wrong, so can you assure me this is alright to install the stock rom from scratch? :)

Big Thanks for your help :)

Guest phaapane

Thx Phaapane, but that's what i wanted to point, this is that file that i find and that seem to be only a update and so not a install of the whole rom, but i might be wrong, so can you assure me this is alright to install the stock rom from scratch? :)

Big Thanks for your help :)

I'm pretty sure it's a full rom. I went back from a custom ROM to a stock rom with a Finnish equivalent. But you'll need to install the stock recovery before you can install official roms (if you're now using a custom rom).

Guest Saliom

I'm pretty sure it's a full rom. I went back from a custom ROM to a stock rom with a Finnish equivalent. But you'll need to install the stock recovery before you can install official roms (if you're now using a custom rom).

ok thanks, can you point me to the direction of the stock recovery ? and maybe a how to install it? i'm really nooby in thos kind of things on android

EDIT:

seem to have found it on another of KonstaT's post : http://www.modaco.co...-zte-blade-iii/ Thx :)

Edited by Saliom

Guest phaapane

ok thanks, can you point me to the direction of the stock recovery ? and maybe a how to install it? i'm really nooby in thos kind of things on android

Get it from here (it's under How to restore stock recovery) Copy that to your sd card and install it in CWM and you'll have your stock recovery back. After that, install the rom as any stock rom (copy the update.zip to the root of your sdcard and yadda yadda yadda.....)

Guest Saliom

ok, will do, a big thank for your help, i hope it'll work and my waranty will too :)

EDIT: it works perfectly fine, really big thx, i'll make sure to make a backup before doing anything to the rom or else next time :D

Edited by Saliom

Guest phaapane

ok, will do, a big thank for your help, i hope it'll work and my waranty will too :)

EDIT: it works perfectly fine, really big thx, i'll make sure to make a backup before doing anything to the rom or else next time :D

No prob. Glad if I could help. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I bought a new micro SD card so I was thinking of rooting my phone and flashing a custom ROM in hope to get a better overall performance and new features.

I had a few reboots but nothing common and dramatical. The thing that annoys me the most is the stock browser which is crashing lately.

I have a few questions.

I want a stabile and fully funcional ROM. Is this the best option for me?

Can I go by this tutorial? http://zteblade3.com...m-from-scratch/

Can I flash the stock ROM before sending it for warranty? I have the stock ROM from the "ZTE Blade III stock ROMs" thread but I can't open the instructions.

Thank you!

Edited by West

Guest KonstaT

Hi guys!

I bought a new micro SD card so I was thinking of rooting my phone and flashing a custom ROM in hope to get a better overall performance and new features.

I had a few reboots but nothing common and dramatical. The thing that annoys me the most is the stock browser which is crashing lately.

I have a few questions.

I want a stabile and fully funcional ROM. Is this the best option for me?

Can I go by this tutorial? http://zteblade3.com...m-from-scratch/

Can I flash the stock ROM before sending it for warranty? I have the stock ROM from the "ZTE Blade III stock ROMs" thread but I can't open the instructions.

Thank you!

You should follow instructions in the ClockWorkMod thread to in install custom recovery and instructions in the second post of this thread to install this ROM. You most definitely should not install gapps package with this ROM as the guide you linked implies.

Best solution is of course to make nandroid backup of your stock ROM using ClockWorkMod recovery before you install anything.

You should follow instructions in the ClockWorkMod thread to in install custom recovery and instructions in the second post of this thread to install this ROM. You most definitely should not install gapps package with this ROM as the guide you linked implies.

Best solution is of course to make nandroid backup of your stock ROM using ClockWorkMod recovery before you install anything.

Thank you for your help!

Is this ROM the best option if I want a stable and reliable ROM?

Sorry for bugging you with these questions. I read the topics but it's been long time since I flashed the ROM on my phone. I don't want to brick it.

Edited by West

Guest bigbluetaurus

Is this ROM the best option if I want a stable and reliable ROM?

IMHO is the best rom at the moment... ;)

Edited by bigbluetaurus

Guest bamdad

hello,

first of all, thank you for putting this rom together, it's awesome. there's one catch, though: for some odd reason, none of the linux chroot solutions seem to work, e.g. when i try to execute apt-get, it complains about not being able to execute a child process (dpkg-preconfigure). even opkg fails to work, for the same reason (it complains about not finding gunzip, which is installed, symlinked and in the $PATH). is there some tweak that might be causing this? i've even tried the stock kernel, didn't help.

thanks,

bamdad

Guest zfeet

After testing both CM 10 and 10.1 I've come to the same conclusion as others that this is the most stable firmware for Blade 3 at the moment.

Guest KonstaT

After testing both CM 10 and 10.1 I've come to the same conclusion as others that this is the most stable firmware for Blade 3 at the moment.

There's no stability issues in CM10/CM10.1...

Guest zfeet

There's no stability issues in CM10/CM10.1...

I've experienced that both of them restart often and that is not very stable performance in my opinion. Also I haven't seen any solutions to fix the restart problem.

Guest KonstaT

I've experienced that both of them restart often and that is not very stable performance in my opinion. Also I haven't seen any solutions to fix the restart problem.

Why haven't you posted about it in the CM10/CM10.1 threads then? How can anyone even suggest solutions when no one knows there's such an issue!

Guest zfeet

Why haven't you posted about it in the CM10/CM10.1 threads then? How can anyone even suggest solutions when no one knows there's such an issue!

Sorry! I've seen that other people have had the same issue and just waited to see if any solutions appear, my problems started after upgrading to CM10.1 and they are exactly like this:

generally when it reboots itself, the battery has a huge drop from 80% before reboot to 20% after random reboot, and when i make a manual reboot after that the battery seems to be back at 80%

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360392-rom-aurora-borealis-rls1-android-404/page__st__60#entry2106611

Guest KonstaT

Sorry! I've seen that other people have had the same issue and just waited to see if any solutions appear, my problems started after upgrading to CM10.1 and they are exactly like this:

http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2106611

That quote/link is from Aurora Borealis. That would indicate a problem with ZTE hardware rather than any issue specific to CM10/CM10.1.

Guest zfeet

That quote/link is from Aurora Borealis. That would indicate a problem with ZTE hardware rather than any issue specific to CM10/CM10.1.

That might be one of the causes. I just installed Aurora Borealis and if the reboots continue I'll try it with stock rom. Luckily the phone is still in warranty.