Photo

[ROM][20.1] Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

kernell

kernell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2 - PACMAN ROM
Hi,
I'm relatively new at this, so please cut me a litle slack:
I bought my girl the ZTE Skate Acqua (tmn a15), but the stock rom is way slow.
So, when I was looking for root, clockworkmod and custom roms I found this on your signature:
ZTE Blade III & ZTE Acqua:
CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.1.2) - ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.7
Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)
So, my question is, after install recovery on her Acqua can I just flash this "Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)" as it is via recovery or is there some changes to be made before compiling and flashing?

Thanks in advance

P.S.: By the way, Great Work!!! Keep on going!!!

Edited by kernell, 20 February 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Veselinnn

Veselinnn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi! Help run this firmware ZTE V880E Acqua, it works but the mobile network catches http://www.modaco.co...0-android-412/. What you can do about it. This firmware started with no problems, everything works.http://www.modaco.co...s1-android-404/
Thanks in advance!

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Hi,
I'm relatively new at this, so please cut me a litle slack:
I bought my girl the ZTE Skate Acqua (tmn a15), but the stock rom is way slow.
So, when I was looking for root, clockworkmod and custom roms I found this on your signature:
ZTE Blade III & ZTE Acqua:
CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.1.2) - ClockWorkMod 6.0.2.7
Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)
So, my question is, after install recovery on her Acqua can I just flash this "Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)" as it is via recovery or is there some changes to be made before compiling and flashing?

Thanks in advance

P.S.: By the way, Great Work!!! Keep on going!!!

Just follow the instructions on the second post (don't forget to make a nandroid backup).

Camera flash won't work in Acqua with this ROM but I posted a fix that you need to flash after installing the ROM.

kernell

kernell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Just follow the instructions on the second post (don't forget to make a nandroid backup).

Camera flash won't work in Acqua with this ROM but I posted a fix that you need to flash after installing the ROM.

Thank you very much, I'll give it a try and get back to you.

kernell

kernell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi,
One more thing, I'm still exploring the thread with the camera fix that you gave me, and I've found that there is a fix for the proximity sensor problem: Is it already included in the rom in the first post or I have to flash it afterwards?

P.S:I'm not sure if I'm beeing clear, my english is a litle rusty.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Hi,
One more thing, I'm still exploring the thread with the camera fix that you gave me, and I've found that there is a fix for the proximity sensor problem: Is it already included in the rom in the first post or I have to flash it afterwards?

P.S:I'm not sure if I'm beeing clear, my english is a litle rusty.

Hmm, not sure what you mean. There's no proximity issues with this ROM afaik. You're probably mistaking it with CyanogenMod 10 which is a completely different ROM.

The camera flash fix isn't actually made for this ROM (it was made for CM10) but it should work here as well.

kernell

kernell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hmm, not sure what you mean. There's no proximity issues with this ROM afaik. You're probably mistaking it with CyanogenMod 10 which is a completely different ROM.

The camera flash fix isn't actually made for this ROM (it was made for CM10) but it should work here as well.

Ok, sorry, you're right, my mistake. And the wifi problem is with the CM10 rom too, right?

Thank you.

I just want to make sure that everyhing goes smoothly with no problem, before I will give it a try.

Edited by kernell, 20 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

Veselinnn

Veselinnn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
KonstaT

Yes, I have a log dualsim applied thereto. [ROM] Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4) has started with a working network and dualsim and ZTE Aqcua. The site has two branches 4pda.ru http://4pda.ru/forum...67194&st=2160�� http://4pda.ru/forum...=412078&st=640. Here, a full description of devices and firmware. Thanks for the help! I'd like to get your cyanogenmod-10.

Attached Files

Edited by Veselinnn, 20 February 2013 - 07:12 PM.

kk75

kk75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE 3
Dear KonstaT !

Your rom is great, but i have a small problem :

settings>wi-fi>advanced wi-fi>keep wi-fi on during sleep > never, increase data usage < - not work, wi-fi always connected when telephone is sleep.

Please fix this.

Best Regards

Edited by kk75, 26 February 2013 - 08:05 AM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Dear KonstaT !

Your rom is great, but i have a small problem :

settings>wi-fi>advanced wi-fi>keep wi-fi on during sleep > never, increase data usage < - not work, wi-fi always connected when telephone is sleep.

Please fix this.

Best Regards

Ask ZTE to fix it. ;) I haven't changed any behaviour, this is based on a ZTE stock ROM.

beggin

beggin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Just a tiny bug I found, but it can be fixed easily. The Message icon on the homescreen icon row doesn't work (you will get the error message "app isn't installed"). Just remove it and drag in the SMS icon from the app list to replace it.

N1ko5zAN

N1ko5zAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Acqua CM10
the kernel download link provided is for the custom kernel of aurora borealis ???

SnowblindFIN

SnowblindFIN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
The rom is really good and all but i have one question:

Is there a circle battery mod available? Like i had one on ZTE Blade @ Swedish Snow RLS7.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

the kernel download link provided is for the custom kernel of aurora borealis ???

What, where? This ROM comes with a custom kernel by default. Kernel add-on in the first post is a stock kernel (kernel that your device was sold with - no overclocking support etc).

The rom is really good and all but i have one question:

Is there a circle battery mod available? Like i had one on ZTE Blade @ Swedish Snow RLS7.

You can easily make all kinds of theming mods in UOT Kitchen.

przemvelbenny

przemvelbenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III

Add-ons:

Aurora-Borealis-Stock-Kernel.zip (just in case)
http://www.mediafire...x139tqjveobb51n
md5:038fc490091480b6e50c393debe7976a

Hi,

This is my first post here. I read that this kernel is not ready to OC. Any chance to get from you link to kernel (zip) that provides OC and works with stock ROM?

What I mean: I got stock ROM (branded), rooted and i wish to get OC possibility through SetCPU. Would be great to get a zip update to install stock kernel with OC possobility through CWM :) If the kernel from your Aurora Borealis mod will do the thing, any chance to get it separately as zip? I mean this one:

Kernel:

• overclock support (up to 1,267 GHz)
  • cpu governors: savagedzen, interactivex, smartassv2, ondemand, etc
  • i/o schedulers: noop, cfq, bfq, vr and sio
  • swap, cifs, zram, ksm, etc
Kernel source

OC is the only feature that i need in the stock kernel. I'd made it by myself, bu I have no clue about building kernels :/ Thanks!

Edited by przemvelbenny, 25 March 2013 - 01:54 PM.

ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.4 + CyanogenMod 10/11

Saliom

Saliom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3
Hi, i'm a newbie on this forum and with android too, so here is my problem.

I have constant random reboots on my ZTE Blade III purchased in Belgium, first, i tried to send it to repare center via ma guarantee, and it didn't help at all, they just sent it back without changing anything to it. So i tried CM10 and it didn't help neither, but because i read that it wasn't stable at all i decided to use your Aurore Borealis rom. At first it worked perfectly fine, but after a few day the reboots were back, and now it's like i was on the original rom.

Here is my question, i'm looking for the original rom of the ZTE Blade III coming from Belgium, do you have any idea on where i could find it? because when i try via the ZTE website all i can find is this http://wwwen.zte.com...mobile/Belgium/ and it seems to be only an update and not the whole rom, before doing anything stupid i would like to know if this update is ok to install the whole rom ? (i guess not but i'm not expert so...) and if no, can you help me find that rom?
i've seen a lot this website : http://firmware.pp.ua/ but i don't trust it, it seem to be send everytime by a bot on the forums i read and doesn't seem sure at all.

Or if you can't help me about the original rom, do you have any idea on what i could do to stop those random reboots? generally when it reboots itself, the battery has a huge drop from 80% before reboot to 20% after random reboot, and when i make a manual reboot after that the battery seems to be back at 80%, if you think it's the battery the problem, then i really need the original rom cause i don't think the shop will let me use the guarantee with a custom rom installed on the phone, they'll try to input the fault to the custom rom...

Thanks in advance for your help, if you think i should make a new topic about this or should post this message somewhere else just say so and i'll do it, i didn't know where to post this.

EDIT:
I just saw that you're speaking about a nandroid backup, i guess that if i make one witht he ZTE Blade III of my gf, i should be able to use it to install the stock rom?

Edited by Saliom, 26 March 2013 - 03:49 PM.

phaapane

phaapane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Here is my question, i'm looking for the original rom of the ZTE Blade III coming from Belgium, do you have any idea on where i could find it? because when i try via the ZTE website all i can find is this http://wwwen.zte.com...mobile/Belgium/ and it seems to be only an update and not the whole rom, before doing anything stupid i would like to know if this update is ok to install the whole rom ? (i guess not but i'm not expert so...) and if no, can you help me find that rom?
i've seen a lot this website : http://firmware.pp.ua/ but i don't trust it, it seem to be send everytime by a bot on the forums i read and doesn't seem sure at all.

Thanks in advance for your help, if you think i should make a new topic about this or should post this message somewhere else just say so and i'll do it, i didn't know where to post this.

Download "Belgium Blade III SD card upgrading instruction & software package(KPN)" and you'll find the Belgium rom inside the zip (this is from ZTE's homepage under manuals tab at http://goo.gl/QzfCX). :)

Edited by phaapane, 26 March 2013 - 04:00 PM.

Saliom

Saliom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thx Phaapane, but that's what i wanted to point, this is that file that i find and that seem to be only a update and so not a install of the whole rom, but i might be wrong, so can you assure me this is alright to install the stock rom from scratch? :)
Big Thanks for your help :)

phaapane

phaapane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thx Phaapane, but that's what i wanted to point, this is that file that i find and that seem to be only a update and so not a install of the whole rom, but i might be wrong, so can you assure me this is alright to install the stock rom from scratch? :)
Big Thanks for your help :)

I'm pretty sure it's a full rom. I went back from a custom ROM to a stock rom with a Finnish equivalent. But you'll need to install the stock recovery before you can install official roms (if you're now using a custom rom).

Saliom

Saliom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm pretty sure it's a full rom. I went back from a custom ROM to a stock rom with a Finnish equivalent. But you'll need to install the stock recovery before you can install official roms (if you're now using a custom rom).

ok thanks, can you point me to the direction of the stock recovery ? and maybe a how to install it? i'm really nooby in thos kind of things on android

EDIT:
seem to have found it on another of KonstaT's post : http://www.modaco.co...-zte-blade-iii/ Thx :)

Edited by Saliom, 26 March 2013 - 04:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users