Photo

[ROM][20.1] Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

phaapane

phaapane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

ok thanks, can you point me to the direction of the stock recovery ? and maybe a how to install it? i'm really nooby in thos kind of things on android

Get it from here http://www.modaco.co...-zte-blade-iii/ (it's under How to restore stock recovery) Copy that to your sd card and install it in CWM and you'll have your stock recovery back. After that, install the rom as any stock rom (copy the update.zip to the root of your sdcard and yadda yadda yadda.....)

Saliom

Saliom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3
ok, will do, a big thank for your help, i hope it'll work and my waranty will too :)

EDIT: it works perfectly fine, really big thx, i'll make sure to make a backup before doing anything to the rom or else next time :D

Edited by Saliom, 26 March 2013 - 04:38 PM.

phaapane

phaapane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

ok, will do, a big thank for your help, i hope it'll work and my waranty will too :)

EDIT: it works perfectly fine, really big thx, i'll make sure to make a backup before doing anything to the rom or else next time :D

No prob. Glad if I could help. :)

vostinic

vostinic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I have problems with screen brightness in this ROM.

xtian19

xtian19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
-Edited

Edited by xtian19, 16 April 2013 - 01:47 AM.

bigbluetaurus

bigbluetaurus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
It seems I'll stick with this rom quite some time. Is the stablest, with just a few restarts...

West enkovec

West enkovec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:T Mobile Pulse, ZTE Blade III
Hi guys!
I bought a new micro SD card so I was thinking of rooting my phone and flashing a custom ROM in hope to get a better overall performance and new features.

I had a few reboots but nothing common and dramatical. The thing that annoys me the most is the stock browser which is crashing lately.

I have a few questions.
I want a stabile and fully funcional ROM. Is this the best option for me?

Can I go by this tutorial? http://zteblade3.com...m-from-scratch/

Can I flash the stock ROM before sending it for warranty? I have the stock ROM from the "ZTE Blade III stock ROMs" thread but I can't open the instructions.

Thank you!

Edited by West enkovec, 25 April 2013 - 11:00 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Hi guys!
I bought a new micro SD card so I was thinking of rooting my phone and flashing a custom ROM in hope to get a better overall performance and new features.

I had a few reboots but nothing common and dramatical. The thing that annoys me the most is the stock browser which is crashing lately.

I have a few questions.
I want a stabile and fully funcional ROM. Is this the best option for me?

Can I go by this tutorial? http://zteblade3.com...m-from-scratch/

Can I flash the stock ROM before sending it for warranty? I have the stock ROM from the "ZTE Blade III stock ROMs" thread but I can't open the instructions.

Thank you!

You should follow instructions in the ClockWorkMod thread to in install custom recovery and instructions in the second post of this thread to install this ROM. You most definitely should not install gapps package with this ROM as the guide you linked implies.

Best solution is of course to make nandroid backup of your stock ROM using ClockWorkMod recovery before you install anything.

West enkovec

West enkovec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:T Mobile Pulse, ZTE Blade III

You should follow instructions in the ClockWorkMod thread to in install custom recovery and instructions in the second post of this thread to install this ROM. You most definitely should not install gapps package with this ROM as the guide you linked implies.

Best solution is of course to make nandroid backup of your stock ROM using ClockWorkMod recovery before you install anything.

Thank you for your help!
Is this ROM the best option if I want a stable and reliable ROM?

Sorry for bugging you with these questions. I read the topics but it's been long time since I flashed the ROM on my phone. I don't want to brick it.

Edited by West enkovec, 26 April 2013 - 01:49 PM.

kk75

kk75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE 3
"Is this ROM the best option if I want a stable and reliable ROM?"

Yes, stable and working all.

(Thanks again KonstaT)

bigbluetaurus

bigbluetaurus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Is this ROM the best option if I want a stable and reliable ROM?

IMHO is the best rom at the moment... ;)

Edited by bigbluetaurus, 28 April 2013 - 12:16 AM.

plantroon

plantroon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:IT, gaming
  • Devices:ZTE Brick III
  • Twitter:@@plantroon
Does phone encryption work ? :D This ROM is actually faster than Cyanogenmod 10.1 but has very laggy application switcher :(

I wish Canonical made some good work and Ubuntu Touch got optimized&running on any android phone....I wouldn't mind having android apps runtime as well :D

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3
hello,

first of all, thank you for putting this rom together, it's awesome. there's one catch, though: for some odd reason, none of the linux chroot solutions seem to work, e.g. when i try to execute apt-get, it complains about not being able to execute a child process (dpkg-preconfigure). even opkg fails to work, for the same reason (it complains about not finding gunzip, which is installed, symlinked and in the $PATH). is there some tweak that might be causing this? i've even tried the stock kernel, didn't help.

thanks,
bamdad

zfeet

zfeet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
After testing both CM 10 and 10.1 I've come to the same conclusion as others that this is the most stable firmware for Blade 3 at the moment.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

After testing both CM 10 and 10.1 I've come to the same conclusion as others that this is the most stable firmware for Blade 3 at the moment.

There's no stability issues in CM10/CM10.1...

zfeet

zfeet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

There's no stability issues in CM10/CM10.1...

I've experienced that both of them restart often and that is not very stable performance in my opinion. Also I haven't seen any solutions to fix the restart problem.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

I've experienced that both of them restart often and that is not very stable performance in my opinion. Also I haven't seen any solutions to fix the restart problem.

Why haven't you posted about it in the CM10/CM10.1 threads then? How can anyone even suggest solutions when no one knows there's such an issue!

zfeet

zfeet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Why haven't you posted about it in the CM10/CM10.1 threads then? How can anyone even suggest solutions when no one knows there's such an issue!

Sorry! I've seen that other people have had the same issue and just waited to see if any solutions appear, my problems started after upgrading to CM10.1 and they are exactly like this:

generally when it reboots itself, the battery has a huge drop from 80% before reboot to 20% after random reboot, and when i make a manual reboot after that the battery seems to be back at 80%

http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2106611

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Sorry! I've seen that other people have had the same issue and just waited to see if any solutions appear, my problems started after upgrading to CM10.1 and they are exactly like this:

http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2106611

That quote/link is from Aurora Borealis. That would indicate a problem with ZTE hardware rather than any issue specific to CM10/CM10.1.

zfeet

zfeet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

That quote/link is from Aurora Borealis. That would indicate a problem with ZTE hardware rather than any issue specific to CM10/CM10.1.

That might be one of the causes. I just installed Aurora Borealis and if the reboots continue I'll try it with stock rom. Luckily the phone is still in warranty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users