Photo

[ROM][20.1] Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

johny_pg1

johny_pg1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE III
This is amazing ROM fastest of them all,and would love to see the update for this one

Cheers :D

mimmo89

mimmo89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:zte md droid
good morning since only this rom works fine on my device, you can add the language in Italian, I have already used mirolocale2 but does not translate everything. thanks to all

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III

This is amazing ROM fastest of them all,and would love to see the update for this one

Cheers :D

This rom isnt supported at all. Just use cm10 or cm10.1.
And what there would be to update? This rom is just fine as it is.

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3

This rom isnt supported at all. Just use cm10 or cm10.1.
And what there would be to update? This rom is just fine as it is.

well, since stock-based roms don't have the speedstep-related reboot bug, and konstat stated he's not planning on updating this, i'm planning on doing something similar *if* there's ever going to be an official jellybean update. but yeah, this is pretty much great as it is.

Edited by bamdad, 16 July 2013 - 02:05 PM.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

well, since stock-based roms don't have the speedstep-related reboot bug, and konstat stated he's not planning on updating this, i'm planning on doing something similar *if* there's ever going to be an official jellybean update. but yeah, this is pretty much great as it is.

Blade III will not get JB update, I am pretty sure. Manufacturers doesnt like to support cheap and crappy phones, with 512mb RAM. And we do not need official JB, because we have fully working cm10. Users who have problems with cm10 and greater roms, are different case then. But, if some Blade III phones cant "handle" (Have problems) with JB roms, why should ZTE then release JB update, if it doesnt work fine on all Blades? Of course, maybe guys who have problems with JB roms, may have some kind of different hardware...

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Blade III will not get JB update, I am pretty sure. Manufacturers doesnt like to support cheap and crappy phones, with 512mb RAM. And we do not need official JB, because we have fully working cm10. Users who have problems with cm10 and greater roms, are different case then. But, if some Blade III phones cant "handle" (Have problems) with JB roms, why should ZTE then release JB update, if it doesnt work fine on all Blades? Of course, maybe guys who have problems with JB roms, may have some kind of different hardware...

you're right about manufacturers abandoning their phones, even not so crappy ones. but since half of the folks (including me) have a problem with cm10/10.1 *and* hjanos's cm9 (blue screens, restarts etc.) and *none* whatsoever with stock-based roms, it seems reasonable to assume that something is not quite right in at the kernel level. that's why i'm crossing my fingers and hoping for an official jb update - which, as you correctly stated, is not too likely to happen.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio
Yeah, of course I'm going to make another stock based ROM if there's an update to Jelly Bean. It's just not worth doing it with ICS.

Of course we all want and need official JB! We need 3.4 kernel (actually just the source code would be enough ;)) and we need camera proprietaries that utilize ION memory allocator. Lack of ION is keeping us from using the latest drivers.

Sony Xperia J and LG L5/7 have similar specs and official JB. There's no reason why ZTE couldn't update if they wanted to.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Yeah, of course I'm going to make another stock based ROM if there's an update to Jelly Bean. It's just not worth doing it with ICS.

Of course we all want and need official JB! We need 3.4 kernel (actually just the source code would be enough ;)) and we need camera proprietaries that utilize ION memory allocator. Lack of ION is keeping us from using the latest drivers.

Sony Xperia J and LG L5/7 have similar specs and official JB. There's no reason why ZTE couldn't update if they wanted to.

The reason why zte doesnt release update, is that they want us to buy new and better phone to get jellybean ;).
Thats why zte stock ics is so slow, if zte would, they could turn on hw-acceleration, and hups, phone would be like new.
Of course it would be amazing to get 3.4 kernel

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

The reason why zte doesnt release update, is that they want us to buy new and better phone to get jellybean ;).
Thats why zte stock ics is so slow, if zte would, they could turn on hw-acceleration, and hups, phone would be like new.
Of course it would be amazing to get 3.4 kernel

And which ZTE device with Jelly Bean should we exactly buy here in Finland (or in most of the other European countries for that matter)? :P Doesn't sound like a very good plan. ;) But yeah, 100€ entry level device is easily replaceable and most regular users don't care if it ever gets an update or not.

Huh, what? So now there's no hardware accleration in stock ICS? I wonder if you have any idea what you're talking about...

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

And which ZTE device with Jelly Bean should we exactly buy here in Finland (or in most of the other European countries for that matter)? :P Doesn't sound like a very good plan. ;) But yeah, 100€ entry level device is easily replaceable and most regular users don't care if it ever gets an update or not.

Huh, what? So now there's no hardware accleration in stock ICS? I wonder if you have any idea what you're talking about...

I havent took much look at this, but I dont think that we have many ZTE jb-devices here. I have just seen Blades(1,2,3) and skate was sold here some times ago.
But at all, cheap device=crappy device.
I cant say why cannot manufacturers give us the best perfomance, I think the reason is that they want you to buy better phone. I wouldnt be heathy for business, if they sell us device, which costs 100e, and the 300e device isnt much faster. Then there wouldnt be reason to buy the 300 costing one :P (I dont even have reason to buy device which cost more than 200e, because I have never used stock roms more than 2 hours)

I dont say that Aurora Borealis doesnt have hw-accelerated UI, but the real stock rom, it really cant have hw-accelerated UI. Stock is about slower than my old trusty Blade with cm7 :P

Edited by peetu20, 18 July 2013 - 08:21 AM.

Zoli18

Zoli18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE 3
the best rom i ever tried. 220mb free ram :P

Sanshu13

Sanshu13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
hi, I have installed the rom and my notification led stopped working with WhatsApp. its not a big deal but still.

also i use SlideIT keyboard and when i write in Hebrew or in Russian all of the words get underlined in red like they are misspelled(a feature that i didn't have with the stock OS) there is an option to add the word to the dictionary, but is there a way to add the hole language and not word by word?
i changed my language setting to Russian and had the same problem with English and Hebrew. its as if the system only recognizes one language.

thanks in advance!

Edited by Sanshu13, 08 August 2013 - 09:47 AM.

alekcacko

alekcacko

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Kis Lite
Hello everyone. I'm new to modaco forum. This aurora rom, is good. But, why i chose this instead newest?
First, I haven't zte blade 3, I have ZTE Kis Lite(http://pdadb.net/ind...&c=zte_kis_lite)
Second, from this topic(http://pdadb.net/ind...&c=zte_kis_lite) I found that I can install android 4 on zte kis lite(or viettel v8043-the same phone) with edited kernel(zimage). I installed lewa os with zimage(zimage is mentioned in linked topic), but some errors. I don't like this rom.
Because lewa os works with my ZTE Kis Lite, i chose lewa as base rom, and this aurora as port rom because these are with the same android version.
I successfully ported aurora rom to ZTE Kis Lite, with edited lewa boot(with lewa's boot which is edited kernel with zimage), with this tutroial( http://www.androidsp...ml#.UhXlWxtmiSo), and edited build.prop with attached tutorial(as pictures)
I have the same errors as lewa os.
The errors are:
-The sim is not recognized
-when not touch on screen, the screen is flickering(but when i turn on wifi or connect usb cable, a there is a litle flickering, or it isn't flickering.)
-cannot connect to wifi( i type password for wifi, but cannot connect, it says saved, but not connected.
-Also, when I connect to usb via MTP or PTP, I cannot search sd card directories on computer, so i have to use card reader to browse the sd card on computer.
Some screenshot:
Attached File  first.PNG   115.36KB   31 downloadsAttached File  second.PNG   177.95KB   29 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2013-08-22-12-39-03.png   40.06KB   27 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot_2013-08-22-12-40-02.png   63.63KB   20 downloads

akutasame94

akutasame94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3
Ok guys, I like my stock ROM, but i can't overclock it... So I came here looking just for Kernel, and although there is some kind of link I have no idea what to do xD

Can someone provide me a link for Kernel from this ROM and a short instruction on how to put it in instead of my stock Kernel (and is it even possible to use another kernel with stock ROM...)

NOTE: I have CWM and rooted so just instruction on what to do with kernel file :D

ciha77

ciha77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I think this the fastest and bestt rom

Sanshu13

Sanshu13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
is there a way to turn off the red underlining of miss spelled words, the ROM seems to be able to recognize only one language at a time(its not the launcher, i tried 3 different ones) and it bugs the hell out of me when i write SMSs in a language that is not the ROMs language and i didnt find anyway of adding other language dictionaries even though if you change the system language to Russian it does recognize the Russian words but then not the English ones...

thank in advance!

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
remove stock keyboard app from /system/app : )

aleksandar069

aleksandar069

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Electronic, Dancing, ITC
  • Devices:Blade III, Blade G, Lumia 620
Update?

by: HACKER-001

ricardo106

ricardo106

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate

The best ROM ever tested, but does not have Portuguese language?

tomassz82

tomassz82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3

Update?

What kind of update do you want?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users