[ROM][20.1] Aurora Borealis RLS1 (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sanshu13

hi, I have installed the rom and my notification led stopped working with WhatsApp. its not a big deal but still.

also i use SlideIT keyboard and when i write in Hebrew or in Russian all of the words get underlined in red like they are misspelled(a feature that i didn't have with the stock OS) there is an option to add the word to the dictionary, but is there a way to add the hole language and not word by word?

i changed my language setting to Russian and had the same problem with English and Hebrew. its as if the system only recognizes one language.

thanks in advance!

Edited by Sanshu13

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alekcacko

Hello everyone. I'm new to modaco forum. This aurora rom, is good. But, why i chose this instead newest?

First, I haven't zte blade 3, I have ZTE Kis Lite(http://pdadb.net/ind...&c=zte_kis_lite)

Second, from this topic(http://pdadb.net/ind...&c=zte_kis_lite) I found that I can install android 4 on zte kis lite(or viettel v8043-the same phone) with edited kernel(zimage). I installed lewa os with zimage(zimage is mentioned in linked topic), but some errors. I don't like this rom.

Because lewa os works with my ZTE Kis Lite, i chose lewa as base rom, and this aurora as port rom because these are with the same android version.

I successfully ported aurora rom to ZTE Kis Lite, with edited lewa boot(with lewa's boot which is edited kernel with zimage), with this tutroial( http://www.androidsp...ml#.UhXlWxtmiSo), and edited build.prop with attached tutorial(as pictures)

I have the same errors as lewa os.

The errors are:

-The sim is not recognized

-when not touch on screen, the screen is flickering(but when i turn on wifi or connect usb cable, a there is a litle flickering, or it isn't flickering.)

-cannot connect to wifi( i type password for wifi, but cannot connect, it says saved, but not connected.

-Also, when I connect to usb via MTP or PTP, I cannot search sd card directories on computer, so i have to use card reader to browse the sd card on computer.

Some screenshot:

post-1023043-0-74160900-1377168958_thumbpost-1023043-0-88165700-1377168962_thumbpost-1023043-0-83531400-1377168972_thumbpost-1023043-0-54338200-1377168974_thumb

Guest akutasame94

Ok guys, I like my stock ROM, but i can't overclock it... So I came here looking just for Kernel, and although there is some kind of link I have no idea what to do xD

Can someone provide me a link for Kernel from this ROM and a short instruction on how to put it in instead of my stock Kernel (and is it even possible to use another kernel with stock ROM...)

NOTE: I have CWM and rooted so just instruction on what to do with kernel file :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sanshu13

is there a way to turn off the red underlining of miss spelled words, the ROM seems to be able to recognize only one language at a time(its not the launcher, i tried 3 different ones) and it bugs the hell out of me when i write SMSs in a language that is not the ROMs language and i didnt find anyway of adding other language dictionaries even though if you change the system language to Russian it does recognize the Russian words but then not the English ones...

thank in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest viktor986

Please, what languages does this ROM support?

I love the look of the stock ROM and prefer it over Cyanogen which I had on a LG p500 but it doesn't come with Italian language. Do you know if this one or which one has it?

Edited by viktor986

Guest aleksandar069

Please, what languages does this ROM support?

I love the look of the stock ROM and prefer it over Cyanogen which I had on a LG p500 but it doesn't come with Italian language. Do you know if this one or which one has it?

I know it's multilanguage, but for Italian not sure if support it.

Guest SnowblindFIN

I've been using this rom for a while now and i have noticed one major fault:

Whenever i was in Sweden or Estonia (basically roaming) via cruise ship, my phone could not register into mobile network. Back on finland shore i could use my phone again.

I think it's the ROM's fault because i saw a similar ZTE Blade III functioning proberly abroad the ship.

Guest Nullcollision

Whenever i was in Sweden or Estonia (basically roaming) via cruise ship, my phone could not register into mobile network. Back on finland shore i could use my phone again.

I think it's the ROM's fault because i saw a similar ZTE Blade III functioning proberly abroad the ship.

I don't think it's the fault of the ROM. If you are on Saunalahti/Elisa, roaming is disabled by default, and can be enabled in Oma Saunalahti.

Guest viktor986

Could you please check in the menu if it has Italian language too?

Guest Nullcollision

Could you please check in the menu if it has Italian language too?

It has the same languages the stock rom has. So, it doesn't have Italian language, at least on my phone. If you want Italian you should look into the CyanogenMod ROMs, which are smoother on this phone anyways. :)

Guest viktor986

Yeah there are no stock ROMs for this model in Italian. Not too bad but I'd like to have that "home" feeling from my phone :)
Which version of Cyanogen you think I should try best? I saw there are Android 4.1, .2 and .3 portings too...

Guest SnowblindFIN

I don't think it's the fault of the ROM. If you are on Saunalahti/Elisa, roaming is disabled by default, and can be enabled in Oma Saunalahti.

Oh darnit, so that was where the fault was. Could have been really useful before to know this.

• 1 year later...

Why is ROM doesnt boot? I stuck in android logon booting but nothing? I did wipe and format everything but still no go?

Edited by bihslk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vegettobg

Hi,

first of all, thanks for the great rom :) My girlfriend gave me her Blade 3 to fix (was extremely sluggish) and I installed this. Works great, way better than when it had the stock rom.

I just have one question. With the stock rom, when you set an alarm and turn off the phone (or it auto turns off due to low battery), it auto turns on in the morning to wake you up. I was given feedback that this rom doesn't do this - the phone has to be on for the alarm to work. Is there a way around this? The phone owner valued that feature really very, very much indeed and she asks me to enable it again.

• 4 months later...
Guest MiloSx7

Thanks for your work KonstanT. You are a GOD! I'm new into phones and you made it so easier. I really appreciate your work. Everything works great. Keep going, you are making people's lives (I mean ones who are too cheap to buy new phones) easier.