[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

ilopez85, thanks for the detailed bug report. I have experienced this crash once myself, too.

Regarding FM, it basically works fine now, but there are some strange issues with audio routing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... and if it does not work, triggering some other kind of audio playback makes it work. That's probably a bug in the Blade's libaudio, and it likely doesn't only affect FM radio.

Also, ZTE's si4708 driver is a piece of crap. It's not only written in an odd style and with horrible formatting, but while cleaning it up a bit I already found two bugs - wrong band selection, and incorrect channel spacing mask. Both are fixed now. I also added an important missing feature, de-emphasis setup.This should improve audio quality a bit. Oh, and seeking should be faster now.

I have pushed all changes to the kernel and device repos.

what about the audio focus or whatever we call it

the one in which the ringtones/notif are played while playing music though headphones both from speaker and headphones..

this is a very grave issue since we can miss calls if we mistakenly forget to remove the headphones plug

ilopez85, thanks for the detailed bug report. I have experienced this crash once myself, too.

Regarding FM, it basically works fine now, but there are some strange issues with audio routing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... and if it does not work, triggering some other kind of audio playback makes it work. That's probably a bug in the Blade's libaudio, and it likely doesn't only affect FM radio.

Also, ZTE's si4708 driver is a piece of crap. It's not only written in an odd style and with horrible formatting, but while cleaning it up a bit I already found two bugs - wrong band selection, and incorrect channel spacing mask. Both are fixed now. I also added an important missing feature, de-emphasis setup.This should improve audio quality a bit. Oh, and seeking should be faster now.

Really appreciate your efforts for providing working FM Radio on Blade. This was the last not-working feature on our Blade for CM9/CM10/CM10.1 ROMs and you made it work. I hope KonstaT will add your changes regarding FM Radio work in next CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) ROM soon. :)

Guest thomasboyd

Which TPT is best for this rom?

Gen 2 custom: 160mb system, 2mb cache, 279 mb data, 0.1mb oem

MD5sum: 83624b0365216b8e97c13f55e7fdebab

Gen 2 stock: 220mb system, 37.5mb cache, 162.5mb data, 21mb oem

MD5sum: 4e8d9c15ac2e640e805fcfdaa44b0579

You got it wrong you need 160mb system partition for this rom. when you install the rom you install both cm-10-20130129-EXPERIMENTAL-blade-DAEMOND.zip and gapps-jb-20121017-KonstaKANG.zip

The first file is the rom without any google apps such as the play store, gmail ect to install these you install the second file

to change your partitions you need to tpt your blade

Good news , thank you for your time/work

Edited by vismak

can you fix headphones notification? in cm10.1 appers icon in status bar, and all sound is reproduced in headphones

i mean ringtones for example

anyway great job daemond, thanks

Edited by Loki86

Guest luisfeser

Good morning,

I leave here a little more updated build. Compiled 2013/02/18 (simply sync repo and apply Daemon's patches)

I have been using from monday and works well

Download:

http://dl.dropbox.co...ICIAL-blade.zip

md5sum: cf9646a18d5b171e8a4685c17b43df71

Google apps in first post.

Daemon, good luck with FM radio!!!

Thanks both KonstaT and Daemon.

Screenshot_2013-02-22-10-09-18.png

Edited by luisfeser

First, thank you for this great rom! Fantastic battery life and fully functional, i'm very happy with it.

One little thing:There are no music controls on my lock screen. Can I enable them somewhere? In the settings somewhere? I didn't find anything...

First, thank you for this great rom! Fantastic battery life and fully functional, i'm very happy with it.

One little thing:There are no music controls on my lock screen. Can I enable them somewhere? In the settings somewhere? I didn't find anything...

seems to be missing from the rom :/

Guest thomasboyd

I'm really confused.. how do you install two roms?

I thought one rom would wipe out what was previously installed..?

You got it wrong you need 160mb system partition for this rom. when you install the rom you install both cm-10-20130129-EXPERIMENTAL-blade-DAEMOND.zip and gapps-jb-20121017-KonstaKANG.zip

The first file is the rom without any google apps such as the play store, gmail ect to install these you install the second file

to change your partitions you need to tpt your blade

Guest matcho13579

I'm really confused.. how do you install two roms?

I thought one rom would wipe out what was previously installed..?

I can smell your confusion ;)

One zip file is a ROM package, second contains Google Apps such as Google Play or Google Search etc. That aren't two ROMs :)