[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Daemond, maybe the lights problem is because you forgot to "make clobber", especially if you've been developing to other devices xD

Guest Pofka

I confirm the bug with backlight for hardware keys in latest version

Strange but I dont have this bug. Or just everything is working with it. I have no problems with button lights whatsoever. Flashed rom without a wipe from previous version.

Guest elrond_bs

I guess not all blades are the same. But we have several reports for problems and nobody had them with the previous version. So if the changes in lights are reverted, it should work for all.

Daemond, maybe the lights problem is because you forgot to "make clobber", especially if you've been developing to other devices xD

Nope, it was a clean build. I have no idea what could be causing these problems. I don't see them with my Blade. The liblights cleanup is just cosmetics and there aren't any changes in CM upstream either that are a possible cause.

Guest elrond_bs

- I just tried full wipe (everything + system), no apps installed (even google account info skipped) and the result is the same. It doesn't always happen, but often. Also when lights are ON, the phone wakes up on any key (no deep sleep). No app should cause this as there aren't any installed and only the launcher is active (freshly installed and booted phone). Reboot doesn't help either.

- No problems with version 2013-03-28 (same procedure with full wipe).

- BTW, autobrightness never worked for me either. Not working on any CM ROM (CM7,CM9,CM10.x), but it works with Swedish Snow and with CM + "Velis Auto brightness" app. And I know more people with Blades (from a local forum) which are in the same situation. It could be related. I'm with European Blade - GEN2.

EDIT: I flashed boot.img from 2013-05-14 to 2013-03-28 version and it seems to be working OK, this is the best compromise for now.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest Roy Fokker

I've been meaning to ask about that "auto brightness doesn't work" thing for a while now... I haven't noticed any issues with it on any ROM I've tried. Brightness changes according to the surroundings. How is the problem supposed to manifest itself? Am I just not a demanding user?

Guest elrond_bs

The problem is autobrightness doesn't work - it doesn't change screen illumination when light in the surroundings changes. If you don't have the problem, you don't need to worry. This is happening with only some of the blades, not all (it looks like we have slightly different or lower quality light sensor). But it works OK in Swedish ROM and other stock or stock based ROMs.

Guest peetu20

- I just tried full wipe (everything + system), no apps installed (even google account info skipped) and the result is the same. It doesn't always happen, but often. Also when lights are ON, the phone wakes up on any key (no deep sleep). No app should cause this as there aren't any installed and only the launcher is active (freshly installed and booted phone). Reboot doesn't help either.

- No problems with version 2013-03-28 (same procedure with full wipe).

- BTW, autobrightness never worked for me either. Not working on any CM ROM (CM7,CM9,CM10.x), but it works with Swedish Snow and with CM + "Velis Auto brightness" app. And I know more people with Blades (from a local forum) which are in the same situation. It could be related. I'm with European Blade - GEN2.

EDIT: I flashed boot.img from 2013-05-14 to 2013-03-28 version and it seems to be working OK, this is the best compromise for now.

Auto brightness works fine on cm9 and 10.1

Guest elrond_bs

Last time I tried it didn't (few months ago) and I don't see any changes in that department (they would have been ported here too). Anyway, I don't want to spam the thread, I have a way to make it work with an app. My question was about the button backlight in the last version, so I went back to 2013-03-28 for now to avoid the problem.

Guest Mokiju

First of all thanks a lot to the developpers and maintainers of this CM10 based ROM I installed yesterday.

Can't ever dream to have JB on my 2010 ZTE Blade ! What a big change from CM7 ! Really smooth experience ;-)

Unfortunately I have the button backlight problem too with the May 24 ROM.

I am now on March 28 ROM and no button backlight issue so far.

It may be interresting to know that my Blade is a french one (sold by Bouygues Telecom on Android 2.1, so originaly a Gen1).

I understand some people haven't that particular issue so it must be something about a hardware difference right ?

Have other people with this problem (elrond, simono etc) got a european Gen1 ZTE Blade ?

btw I noticed a few strings untranslated (in french in my case). Some are in Cyanogen menus and some in specific menus for ZTE Blade.

How can I help translating them in my native language ?

Guest elrond_bs
Have other people with this problem (elrond, simono etc) got a european Gen1 ZTE Blade ?

No, my Blade is European GEN2 (comes with Android 2.2).

Guest Soxy

I don't have that problem whit the led, working normal.

Keep the good work daemond ;)

edit: The yahoo lockscreen weather stop working in the automatic mode, I have to manually enter my location.

Edited by Soxy

Guest deksman2

I tried the full wipe with no apps installed. The newest ROM version seems to work fine, except for the home button (which was non functional for me).

I made sure I did a complete wipe and all, so nothing could interfere... but the only difference was that I installed gapps from KonstanT's thread instead of the ones provided in the first post of this thread because they are newer if I'm not mistaken (but I don't see how those would break home button functionality).

Guest KonstaT

I tried the full wipe with no apps installed. The newest ROM version seems to work fine, except for the home button (which was non functional for me).

I made sure I did a complete wipe and all, so nothing could interfere... but the only difference was that I installed gapps from KonstanT's thread instead of the ones provided in the first post of this thread because they are newer if I'm not mistaken (but I don't see how those would break home button functionality).

You can't use 4.2 gapps with a 4.1 ROM! Only install packages that are in the first post of the ROM thread or you'll lose all right to complain/report issues.

One common symptom of wrong gapps package is that (surprise, surprise) home button doesn't work! This is also exactly the reason why it's recommended to format /system partition first when you update after an another ROM that has a separate gapps package. There is a script that runs during install and it backups/restores (possibly wrong) gapps.

Guest elrond_bs

KonstaT is right, you shouldn't use other gapps. Also you must have 160MB /system, then format everything and install the full ROM + gapps. If you removed something from the zip files before installing them, that could also be the problem.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest Janil

Has anyone else had network connection loss with the 14.5. version? The problem appears if the phone is unused for >3hrs, the phone somehow kills the connection and asks for a PIN code. When I upgraded, there were no error messages, except when I pressed back in CWM, it said "no files found." That's a bit weird, isn't it?

The given information is a bit poor, because I don't have physical access to the phone for the moment...

Guest ilopez85

I just realized that the effects (funny faces) on the camcorder do not work. I guess it is not easy to fix, but maybe you could hide the option, as was done with some options that did not work in the gallery.

Guest smustafasms

the only thing which keep me from this rom is its ram cumsmption. can anybody ll do anythin in this regards ? otherwise it s best rom

Guest elrond_bs

There is a low memory killer in the kernel in the last version which improves things a little. But you can't expect too much from a slow 512 MB device with Jelly Bean. For me it's still faster than CM9, except if I open too many apps.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest riho09

I also have the hardware keys backlight problem, build 14.5

Sometimes when phone starts ringing, it takes ~2 seconds to light up the screen and then there is no answer button, just lock screen. I have pull down the notification bar, choose the call and then I can answer. I've had this problem with different builds.

Also this last build hasn't shown a caller name few times, only number, but if I check the call log later, it shows the name correctly.

Guest globe

Hi

First of all, I want to thank all the developpers of this ROM, you did a great job!! :D it is way better than the 2.1 which I got from ZTE ;) (and CM7.2)

I have got the backlight problem too but when is lock my phone I don't look at it anymore till I need it and because it doesn't cause a battery drain I don't worry :D

I saw something at XDA, HELO from Paranoid team

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/paranoid-android-team-open-sources-halo/

I like it, do you guys like it?

And maybe if our developper, daemond, thinks it is useful and wants to merge it into the rom... it would be great :D

(If it is possible to merge it into our rom) If I could do it I would but I don't know that much about android

Greetings

Guest Janil

Has anyone else had network connection loss with the 14.5. version? The problem appears if the phone is unused for >3hrs, the phone somehow kills the connection and asks for a PIN code. When I upgraded, there were no error messages, except when I pressed back in CWM, it said "no files found." That's a bit weird, isn't it?

The given information is a bit poor, because I don't have physical access to the phone for the moment...

Got access to the phone, wiped it and no problems so far.. Not sure yet, because asking for the PIN code was turned off..

EDIT: nope, still goes back to asking PIN from time to time.

Edited by Janil

Guest Skarek

I searched the tread but found no answer. In earlier versions of android CM there was an option that you could tick that made all apps movable to sd (on your own risk). Are there still some option for this (cant find it in the menus). Any solution?

I'm not interested in S2E or link2sd, just a way of by choice to force apps to the SD-card.