Photo

[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

* * * * * 21 votes

846 replies to this topic

peta809

peta809

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus S
Next version? Date?

ilopez85

ilopez85

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Raising sys.mem.max_hidden_apps to 10 may be a bit too much. You can never fit that many apps into the RAM anyway.

I am going to make a (final?) build of this Android ROM soon. That will include the master key fix and some other stuff, like raising max_hidden_apps. I still can't reproduce the button backlight issue. Can anyone that is affected please check if replacing /system/lib/hw/lights.blade.so and/or /system/app/BladeParts.apk to the version from an older build fixes the problem?

I tried replacing the 0514 version files in 0328 and the problem seems to be in BladeParts.apk

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Next version? Date?

I can't promise anything but today or tomorrow probably. I want to sort out the backlight issue first.

I tried replacing the 0514 version files in 0328 and the problem seems to be in BladeParts.apk

Ah, I think I found it. When BladeParts enable the button backlight on startup (or resume, most probably), they also force it to the "on" state. This might cause these problems.

ilopez85

ilopez85

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
Any news about Apollo and Jelly Bean Camera?

adrez

adrez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello!
This is my first post, although I've been around quite some time and had nothing to say except thanks to everybody involved in android development.
I have been using this rom for a month and have to say everything is working right, previous rom was Konstat's CM10.1 but I came back to CM10 because of bluetooth problems (didn't used to initialize). At first I had the button backlight issue, I calibrated proximity sensor and it was still not working correctly. But then I restored proximity sensor to default values, restarted and it was working perfectly!
My Blade is European, Gen2. Hope it helps!

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Ah, I think I found it. When BladeParts enable the button backlight on startup (or resume, most probably), they also force it to the "on" state. This might cause these problems.

I think button backlight is handled differently on framework side in CM10 and CM10.1. In CM10.1 button backlight gets enabled every time you touch the screen and stays lit for about seven seconds before turning off again. This can be quite annoying and that's why added an option to disable it. ;) Iirc in CM10 button backlight is enabled only when auto-brightness is enabled (not sure if this is a bug or a feature :P).

Btw, I'm running the same device parts code on both my devices and I haven't received any reports of weird button backlight behaviour. Not even on my CM10 build for Blade III.

Rainer Hohn

Rainer Hohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I had a lot of flickering with the new google maps or especially navigation (ver. 7), so for the moment I just reverted back to 6.14.4, which had more features anyways.

I was just wondering, if this is a general problem with this rom and if there is a reason for this?

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
No, new Maps version is missing some things or they are working in another way (with Google+). Not very nice move by Google, this way they gather more personal information (your locations) for advertising.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

Rainer Hohn

Rainer Hohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sorry, I meant the flickering. Especially when using navigation in landscape mode, for example the header bar was constantly jumping around and there were some other graphical glitches. Since as you said the new maps is missing some features and there isn't much benefit, I didn't care that much and just installed the old version. I was just wondering, why this was happening, as I didn't have such bugs with any other app.

globe

globe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade/San Francisco CM10
offline maps is still there in the new maps version, luckily :)

great you will maybe do an update daemond!
(is there a possibility to add halo? ;))

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III

offline maps is still there in the new maps version, luckily :)

great you will maybe do an update daemond!
(is there a possibility to add halo? ;))

Cm10 is Cm10, Halo is ParanoidAndroid feature(and RootBox feature too) so, just install Paranoid Android, based on cm10.

globe

globe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Cm10 is Cm10, Halo is ParanoidAndroid feature(and RootBox feature too) so, just install Paranoid Android, based on cm10.

oh yes I know but it is available to merge it into every rom
http://www.xda-devel...n-sources-halo/
(If I am right?)

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

oh yes I know but it is available to merge it into every rom
http://www.xda-devel...n-sources-halo/
(If I am right?)

Then you can merge it yourself, just build cm10.

globe

globe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Then you can merge it yourself, just build cm10.

okay, if I knew how to do it I already did it :)
but I will try, challenge accepted ;)

sam tyler

sam tyler

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Gen1 R.B.M.1 Grand X
for help with the master key bug download master key dual fix and blue box security apps(both free) from play store.(blue box tells you if you have the master key bug(s) ) in the dual key app there is a link to xda for the patch to sort the bug(s) out. here is a direct link to xda for xposed installer app which sorts the bug(s) out. http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1574401 download the third file its an app(phone must be rooted by the way! ) do what it says,reboot, use the blue box security app to see if you have been patched(also tells you if you have the bug)(also check the dual key one as well and thats it.

Edited by sam tyler, 23 July 2013 - 11:38 PM.

Hello?could someone help me with my dead ZTE Blade? as i`m trapped in 1973!

khadu

khadu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE
where can i get the gapps package for this rom????? :huh:
Moreover , home button isn't working in this rom :blink: ,neither the hardware button nor the nav bar home button ,and there is no lockscreen as well ,(it is set on slide)
[ i am coming from cm 10.1 by konsta t and did a complete wipe before flashing this one]

Edited by khadu, 24 July 2013 - 06:20 AM.

ROM: Root Box [Android 4.2.2]
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.2.7

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Moreover , home button isn't working in this rom :blink: ,neither the hardware button nor the nav bar home button ,and there is no lockscreen as well ,(it is set on slide)
[ i am coming from cm 10.1 by konsta t and did a complete wipe before flashing this one]

Of course all that stuff is working in this ROM!

You didn't either format /system partition or installed gapps package for the wrong Android version.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

where can i get the gapps package for this rom????? :huh:

Yes, because you havent installed gapps! Cm10 roms doesnt work properly without gapps: no locksceen, no home key..
You can get gapps from the OP.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Yes, because you havent installed gapps! Cm10 roms doesnt work properly without gapps: no locksceen, no home key..
You can get gapps from the OP.

All CyanogenMod ROMs (CM7/CM9/CM10/CM10.1) work perfectly fine without Google apps. There is no need for Google experience (or Google spyware as tinfoil hatters claim :P) if you don't want it. Lockscreen, home button, etc work fine without. Problems occur only if you install the wrong gapps package (or don't format /system when coming from a ROM that had gapps because of the gapps backup script).

No, you can't get gapps from the first post because the link is dead. You can easily find the package though.

khadu

khadu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE

All CyanogenMod ROMs (CM7/CM9/CM10/CM10.1) work perfectly fine without Google apps. There is no need for Google experience (or Google spyware as tinfoil hatters claim :P) if you don't want it. Lockscreen, home button, etc work fine without. Problems occur only if you install the wrong gapps package (or don't format /system when coming from a ROM that had gapps because of the gapps backup script).

No, you can't get gapps from the first post because the link is dead. You can easily find the package though.

Thank You Sir for providing the link...... although i have flashed alot of roms without gapps ,that work fine, this one actually didn't.
all that i mentioned was not working earlier, started working after flashing the gapps package and no , i didn't flash any wrong gapps package( i just flashed the rom)
Anyways , thanks alot for your help.

Edited by khadu, 24 July 2013 - 12:04 PM.

ROM: Root Box [Android 4.2.2]
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.2.7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users