Photo

[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

* * * * * 21 votes

844 replies to this topic

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
There is no need to wipe application data or even Dalvik cache. By the way, I'm really interested in feedback regarding the 16bpp changes. Do you notice a difference in graphics performance? Any new issues/glitches?

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III
I am releasing themed cm10 soon, but i need some time. I am not sure about transparent statusbar but notification area will be transparent :)
Maybe daemond know what smali changes need to be done to get transparent statusbar?

hydram

hydram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
when could the FM radio be available......

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
When devs get it working :)
Maybe never

jolleri

jolleri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Blade

There is no need to wipe application data or even Dalvik cache. By the way, I'm really interested in feedback regarding the 16bpp changes. Do you notice a difference in graphics performance? Any new issues/glitches?

I feel a definite improvement in ui speed coming from the 8 Jan. build, and I have not noticed any glitches. But what do I know, maybe the speed is coming from doing a clean install (I have restored all my apps though).. Btw, I have 16bit transparency enabled and oc to 691. Thanks a bunch daemond :)

Edited by jolleri, 30 January 2013 - 02:08 PM.

daemond

daemond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
AFAIK the 16bpp transparency setting actually doesn't do a thing anymore. The framework-side code was removed a long time ago...

By the way, for the people that have problems with white textures in some memory-hungry games, I have something to test. Try to flash this zip on top of your CM10 or CM10.1 install. This contains a kernel image configured with increased vmalloc space size. This is where most GPU memory is allocated from. Plague Inc. works just fine with this, despite being a horrible resource hog...

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
Daemond, do you know how to hack transparenr statusbar to your cm10? Just need little help ;)

luisfeser

luisfeser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

when could the FM radio be available......

Maybe soon, so soon

http://review.cyanog...h:jellybean,n,z
(see today changes)

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Maybe soon, so soon

(see today changes)

Still long way to go, I guarantee you... :)

99x

99x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-i9000

Maybe soon, so soon

(see today changes)

If it's anything like on the galaxy s, those commits are just for the cm framework, you'd still need a blade specific FM driver.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

If it's anything like on the galaxy s, those commits are just for the cm framework, you'd still need a blade specific FM driver.

You are correct... :)

We have the source code for si4708 which is the FM receiver in the Blade. With a bit of luck and an example file, we can port our device driver to the new framework. Do you happen to know where we can find the FM Driver for the Galaxy S (with this framework, if it exists)?

Edited by jventura, 30 January 2013 - 03:56 PM.

vNa5h

vNa5h

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35 (ZTE Blade)

AFAIK the 16bpp transparency setting actually doesn't do a thing anymore. The framework-side code was removed a long time ago...

By the way, for the people that have problems with white textures in some memory-hungry games, I have something to test. Try to flash this zip on top of your CM10 or CM10.1 install. This contains a kernel image configured with increased vmalloc space size. This is where most GPU memory is allocated from. Plague Inc. works just fine with this, despite being a horrible resource hog...

Flashing it...

Dell XCD35 a.k.a ZTE Blade a.k.a Orange San Fransisco