[DEV][ROM][2014-06-16] CyanogenMod 10 (Continuation of KonstaT's work)

I've been running hw vsync on my skate for couple of days and I can't see any difference myself so don't expect any drastic improvements. Anyway, at least it feels good to have.

Guest ziofaggio

hi folk,

italian online sms dictation don't work and i don't find that offline.

and you?

it's a cyano bug otherwise must i do something to let it work?

thanks.

Guest Polys Polykarpou

Just test. Antutu give 2656 points. :o :P

Good to use your girlfriend daily, go ahead. ;)

What performance settings are you using? (other than smartassv2)

Guest feugatos

Hi there guys,

I'm experiencing a really weird issue and this is the first time this has ever happened to me.

I'm trying to install this rom and gapps and here's what happens.

1. I boot to recovery
  2. I factory reset/wipe data
  3. I format /system
  4. I clear dalvik cache
  5. I flash the rom
  6. I flash gapps
  7. I reboot the device
  8. Connect to my wifi
  9. Login to my google account

After I do all of the above I would normally start installing apps. But here's the problem Google Play is nowhere to be found. Seriously even though I successfully flash the gapps package linked in the OP I can't find Google Play anywhere.

Am I missing something?

i have a 210mb system partition it's not that.

If you don't want to re flash the rom, manually copy the market apk (phonesky.apk) to /system and set the right permissions, should work that way unless something else is missing

Edited by 99x

Guest elrond_bs

daemond is there something wrong with the gapps package in the op?

i reflashed the rom and i installed the full gapps package i found here: http://goo.im/gapps/...1011-signed.zip and everything worked right out of the box.

The zip from the link is unsupported gapps package, not intended for this ROM and it's so big, it won't fit even on 220MB system!

The gapps from page 1 work fine. Wipe all and install again.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

First I wanna say Thank You!

This ROM on ZTE Blade has so fu####' good battery life!

I use myself Galaxy Nexus with JB 4.2.1, stock ROM and its battery drains so fast!

But when I changed kernel yesterday I added music to my Blade and playing music from stock music player for 40 minutes and screen off, and only 1% battery drained, on Nexus it would drain more than 8%

90% battery left and Blade has been in idle 11 hours 40 minutes and (including music playing 40 minutes)!

That's awesome, I didn't remember that Blade have so freaking good battery life, Now I just have to get original kernel on my Nexus to adjusted again to get better results...

And I just noticed that when I keep screen on blade it will drain battery faster!

Thanks!

Edited by Carlos Manuel Leemet

Guest Polys Polykarpou

I use myself Galaxy Nexus with JB 4.2.1, stock ROM and its battery drains so fast!

But when I changed kernel yesterday I added music to my Blade and playing music from stock music player for 40 minutes and screen off, and only 1% battery drained, on Nexus it would drain more than 8%

90% battery left and Blade has been in idle 11 hours 40 minutes and (including music playing 40 minutes)!

That's awesome, I didn't remember that Blade have so freaking good battery life, Now I just have to get original kernel on my Nexus to adjusted again to get better results...

And I just noticed that when I keep screen on blade it will drain battery faster!

Thanks!

do you use any CPU governor?

Guest silverchair

My blade is gen 2 with 160Mb system partition. I've downloaded ROM and gapps from first page and checked their hash. I've then flashed latest CWM 6.0.1.1, formated system, cleaned dalvik and wiped cache. Then flashed ROM and gapps. The ROM boots successfully but all apps from the gapps package crash, starting from unlocking the phone "Clock app has closed ..". I cannot sync contacts because gmail app crashes, google play crashes on update of some apps. Did not see any other users report problems like this one, any ideas? Should I repartition to gen 2 220Mb instead?

Otherwise very smooth and beautifully looking ROM, would love to be able to use it as daily driver.

Thanks!

After testing, the ram usage seems fine for my usage (games etc.).

Battery usage with smartassv2, sio and auto brightness/rotation off still seems pretty huge, but well this will do until my next phone.

Anyways big thanks for all the devs.

Edited by leripe

Guest elrond_bs

No, Jelly Bean uses more RAM than ICS, but JB is faster and with less lag (at least for me). It's OK if you don't open too many apps.

@silverchair: you need only 160MB system, so you are OK. Try wiping everything (including system) and installing again.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest peetu20

Thanks!

Hey, what kernel do you use, for blade i mean? I understood you changed kernel? Which? My battery drains easily in one day...

Guest silverchair

@silverchair: you need only 160MB system, so you are OK. Try wiping everything (including system) and installing again.

I have formated everything including system already (had this info in my original post). Tried reflashing several times, same problem. Then flashed latest CM 10.1 and everything just works.

Guest jolleri

hey daemond, do you plan to upload a build with hardware vsync working, or does it not make a difference at all?

(I'm still on the Jan 8 build, but don't want to update now if there is a new version coming soon ;)

I have uploaded a new build, see the first page for changelog and download link.

This build comes with changes that might be a bit controversial, but they

are a good tradeoff in my opinion. The basic idea is, the framebuffer is running

at RGB565 anyway, so it does not make much sense to use RGBX8888 for opaque

surfaces, or for bitmaps that are typically blitted to the screen without

transformations.

I've switched as much as possible and reasonable to RGB565, enabled dithering

in the appropriate places and made the drawing cache (used by the software UI

renderer) capable of 16bpp again. Overall, this reduces memory consumption,

speeds up software rendering and cuts down fillrate load on the GPU at minimal

loss of visual quality. In rare cases you will see some banding.

Especially the homescreen and lockscreen are noticeably faster and apps that

use the software UI renderer are back to the speed you might remember

from Gingerbread. Hardware-accelerated UI rendering does not benefit from these

optimizations, though, because it always uses ARGB8888 surfaces.

By the way, if you have problems with it or if you don't like it, you can disable the use of 16bpp surfaces. There is no UI for it, but you can set "persist.sys.prefer_16bpp=0" in build.prop.

you take ROM from KonstaT, add some patches and call it continuation ? why not Modification? :)

KonstaT has another device to play with these days. ;)

He's hardly working on the CM10.1 port, much less on the CM10 one. I'm picking up where he left off, maintaining a (pretty vanilla) CM10 build.

Edited by Guest

Guest elrond_bs

Any benefit of disabling the 16bpp surfaces (except to avoid problems)?

@Moldova: It's continuation, because KonstaT authorized daemond to continue the ROM and it's the same ROM with new pathces and fixes.

Edited by elrond_bs