Thank you, OuahOuah.
How to remove the A2SD Script?

OuahOuah

OuahOuah

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Custom ROM on Android devices :)
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent
  • Twitter:@parigotmanchot
With a root file explorer, go to /etc/init.d, directory and remove the file with "a2sd" in name. Something like "05a2sd".

Fighttack

Fighttack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Thanks OuahOuah!

I think it is one of the best roms. It´s much faster than the JB-ROMs and the battery life is much better, too :-)
Tank you for your support!!

OuahOuah

OuahOuah

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I prefer SlimBean but yes I like AndroIum for a 2.3 version of Android :)

Fighttack

Fighttack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Is it possible to flash the rom on a TMV or will this brick the phone?

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent, HTC Desire
Yes it's possible, just install the tmv kernel afterward

nzmnisam

nzmnisam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Devices:telenor touch plus
can we flash this on tmobile vivacity using vivacity kernel?

gbosh

gbosh

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Atlas W (Vivacity)

can we flash this on tmobile vivacity using vivacity kernel?

Yes it's possible, just install the tmv kernel afterward

nzmnisam

nzmnisam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

ty,i tryed it and the rom is awesome,onley battery life cinda sucks but thats what u get with 1200 mA/h battery.

Edited by nzmnisam, 27 April 2013 - 10:29 PM.

dimi89

dimi89

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:LG 4X HD :D
If u want better battery life try cyanogen mod 7

nzmnisam

nzmnisam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

If u want better battery life try cyanogen mod 7

slim bean is also good for battery life

OuahOuah

OuahOuah

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Except if yout try to play with non working bluetooth and for me, it was not good until I use "Greenify" and "One Power Guard" ;)

nzmnisam

nzmnisam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Except if yout try to play with non working bluetooth and for me, it was not good until I use "Greenify" and "One Pi dont use blootuthower Guard" ;)

i dont use bluetooth much so its ok for me ;)

Typhus_

Typhus_

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:bq Aquaris 3.5; ZTE P736E
Hello!

A friend of mine stated that he cannot read QR codes while using this ROM. Is anyone else facing this problem?

I don't have the phone right now, so I can't test it.

Thanks!

Dalmi

Dalmi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E2 Duo
No, it works perfectly I often used to see the arrival of my bus in real time ... I do not see why it does not work while the camera is operating at 100% more :)

ROM AndroIum:
- ZTE BLADE S/Crescent/SFII

danbb

danbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hello,

I hope someone can please help with this issue:

I tried installing v2.0.2 of AndroIum on my wife's SF2, but when the ROM first boots, the only icons in the dock at the bottom of the screen are the Play Store and Apps icons. The Settings and Phone apps are missing from the app drawer and maybe other apps are missing too. When I press the menu button and then the 'Settings' button from the launcher menu, nothing happens. There is no phone signal either. Re-booting does not help.

I checked the MD5 of the ROM zip file after moving it to the phone's SD card. It was fine.

I wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache and wiped dalvik cache before installing the ROM and went through the installation process twice, just in case.

By the way, I can see settings.apk and phone.apk inside the zip file on my PC (in the system/apps folder).

Am I getting this problem because I have used Amphoras's TPT (160MB system, 2MB cache, 278MB data) to re-partition the SF2? It normally runs Fish 'n Chips RLS7 (with some apps taken out) on that configuration with a 'cache to RAM' re-direct script in /etc/init.d and get no problems (so far!). From memory, only about 126Mb of the /system partition is used.

Is the /system partition (160MB) too small for AndroIum or is the 2MB cache partitiion too small? I haven't yet installed the cache to RAM re-direct script on this ROM.

Any ideas/thoughts/hints/tips to solve this issue would be much appreciated - my wife likes the look & feel of this ROM very much!

As a side issue, has anyone come across a TPT (or can make a TPT) for the SF2 with a 128MB or 130MB /system partition? I hate to waste 30MB, as per the current TPT/FnC7 configuration.

Edited by danbb, 11 May 2013 - 01:14 AM.

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
I answered your question in the other thread, but my suggestion would be to try the stock tpt to see if you have the same problem.

Typically this kind of problem is caused by insufficient storage space. I think you should try going with 10-15mb cache if stock cache works.

danbb

danbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I answered your question in the other thread, but my suggestion would be to try the stock tpt to see if you have the same problem.

Typically this kind of problem is caused by insufficient storage space. I think you should try going with 10-15mb cache if stock cache works.

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like 160MB for the /system partition may not be enough, but can't afford to increase it as I need the /data partition size maximised, with A2SD enabled as well. Don't think that the /cache partition size is the issue (I may be wrong) as the cache to RAM re-direct script seems to be working fine. A2SD reports a cache size of 42MB (in RAM) with 42MB free.

My wife's now made the decision to stick with FnC 7 running in the 160MB/2MB/278MB partition configuration rather than lose /data space for her apps, but thanks very much for your help.

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
There is a difference between your cache size and dalvik cache moved to SD (via darktremor a2sd). For instance you won't be able to download apps bigger than your cache size from the play store without error.

There are ways around this, and I'm not sure if by "cache to ram script"you're already using one. You can run a custom script to create a folder on your sd card to act as cache (again this is different to a2sd). And you can also use an app called cache fixer whenever downloading.

Anyway, it's really not normal to run out of space using a2sd, unless you are installing a considerable amount of apps. For your wife have you: already moved dalvik cache to sd using the a2sd app from the market? And have you given your sd card a decent sized ext3 partition using clockwork mod recovery?

There's another app that's useful in this situation called: diskinfo. It will tell you the size and how full all of your partitions are.

Dalmi

Dalmi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E2 Duo
Posted Image AndroIum 2.5 available !

- New kernel by ZTE (june 2013)
- New librairie wifi by ZTE june 2013 (wpa_supplicant, system/bin)
- Somes icons Sense 5, mod Nemus launcher, new wallpaper default
- New bootscreen
- All updates OTA a 2.0.2 (changes notification tray...)
- All updates apps
- Update host file (no pub)

ROM AndroIum:
- ZTE BLADE S/Crescent/SFII

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users