3 replies to this topic

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Hey all. Been trying to zero my IMEI for hours now with no luck at all.

Phone is rooted and pretty sure the Bootloaders unlocked (although I don't know how to check)

Been following the guide on how to backup the IMEI with 5irom, where the phone should reboot into a loop is where I'm having problems, my phone just boots as normal and the IMEI stays intact?

Don't think there's another way of downgrading B952 so I would really like to get this working if possible. I'll end up floggin the phone if I can't downgrade..

Any thoughts where I could be going wrong fella's?

fuzzyy

fuzzyy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, Huawei G300
This is what worked for me in your situation. Attempt to zero the imei. Then try to flash a b952 or 936 dload - forgot which but i think 936. Then your imei willstrangely become different - doesn't need to be 0 in case that's your problem. And you can downgrade to gingerbread.

Moto G 8GB

Tesco 4.4

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Don't think there's another way of downgrading B952 so I would really like to get this working if possible. I'll end up floggin the phone if I can't downgrade.

Is the official huawei ICS to GB downgrade of any use here?

http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDY4ODE=

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Is the official huawei ICS to GB downgrade of any use here?

http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDY4ODE=

Unfortunately not, it won't downgrade B952 apparently.. Think I'll try what fuzzyy suggested. Thanks chaps!

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts
Sorry - just thought it might be possible to install B936/7 over B952 and then use the Huawei official downgrade from B936/7 to B895? I guess not?

billpine

billpine

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Sorry - just thought it might be possible to install B936/7 over B952 and then use the Huawei official downgrade from B936/7 to B895? I guess not?

Not sure.. gotta be worth a try.

Anyone know if root has to be taken off before the official downgrade method or will it just over write?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users