Superboot - Padfone 2 root solution

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Introducing.... Superboot! :)

Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

• Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 4283f9199469b0e647f184311e817cc6

How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory

- Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' button pressed to enter the bootloader (see note below)

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'

- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'

- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'

Note: You need to unlock the bootloader on your device before you can enter bootloader mode - use the Asus provided APK to do this, available from the Asus download site (in the Android -> Utilities section).

Enjoy! :)

P

PS If you find this useful, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription! Visit this topic for further details!

Good news Paul :)

Which ROM version did you used or doesn't it matter? Will we have root after a reboot and a ROM update?

-Lycox

Edited by Lycox

Guest sphinxy

Hi Paul,

Is this root reversible? I'm keen to root it, however if i cant reverse it - i'll be too afraid to follow through incase i need to return it for various reasons.

Thanks.

Guest rafael_mfr

Got root using steps from xda topic, cuz I didn't know this topic before I did the procedure. This one here appears to be easiest, just a click and you're done!

Anyway, I'm ansious to see custom roms into the Padfone 2 :)

Guest darkvice01
Got root using steps from xda topic, cuz I didn't know this topic before I did the procedure. This one here appears to be easiest, just a click and you're done!

Anyway, I'm ansious to see custom roms into the Padfone 2 :)

Give him til next week.. For sure ROM is baked and ready for download..

Guest rafael_mfr

got wwe 10.4.11.13 from asus website, then leave on root sdcard

a notification appears advising that there is an update to your device, accept by click it

system is rebooted directly to recovery, flash procedure goes without problem

phone comes to home screen, then turn off and put into fastboot mode (PWR + Vol UP)

click 'install-superboot-windows.bat' and you're done!

THANKS PAUL!

Unfortunatelly I tried thrice to flash your 'custom' and deodexed wwe 10.4.11.13 but I could not install it properly, even using your modded recovery.

Guest rafael_mfr

Paul, Got root access on latest fw through your script above, by the way there is no superuser icon on apps list? Can I simply push superuser.apk into /system/app?

I can open Titanium Backup and others apps that needs root access.

Edited by rafael_mfr

Guest rikiau123

Paul, Got root access on latest fw through your script above, by the way there is no superuser icon on apps list? Can I simply push superuser.apk into /system/app?

I can open Titanium Backup and others apps that needs root access.

better with CWM in recovery

I did so ' and work

Guest rafael_mfr

better with CWM in recovery

I did so ' and work

which recovery did u use? stock or modded?

where can I get the .zip file containing Superuser to flash it through CWM?

Guest rikiau123

which recovery did u use? stock or modded?

where can I get the .zip file containing Superuser to flash it through CWM?

modded

in google CWM supersu

Edited by rikiau123

Guest RSn_FaTE

using the chmod command on my mac terminal gives me error: 'chmod: superboot-mac.sh: no such file or directory' any help ?

Edit: Nevermind, just rooted my padfone 2 without using the chmod commands.. Thx for the easy procedure Paul !!

Edited by RSn_FaTE

• 2 weeks later...