Superboot - Padfone 2 root solution

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest erkkiboy83

great! now i just need to last confimation from Asus that it's ok to do this;) i have already gotten a confirmation that it was ok to root, but if i brick it i have to buy it(unless i don't win the device) ;)

Edited by erkkiboy83

Guest killkyo

After rooting with this, I updated to the latest busy box and my padfone restart and stayed off. I cannot on it and when I plug it in to my com, it loaded the Qhusb_dload driver. I cannot access anything, will someone please help me?

Guest rafael_mfr

After rooting with this, I updated to the latest busy box and my padfone restart and stayed off. I cannot on it and when I plug it in to my com, it loaded the Qhusb_dload driver. I cannot access anything, will someone please help me?

Can u enter into fastboot mode?

fastboot = Volume Up + Power button

Or even in recovery?

recovery = Volume Down + Power button)

Edited by rafael_mfr

Guest killkyo

Can u enter into fastboot mode?

fastboot = Volume Up + Power button

Or even in recovery?

recovery = Volume Down + Power button)

Nope, nothing actually works.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest erkkiboy83

hey!any suggestions on how to update to the new 10.4.12.24 since the OTA update is not working with the unlocked bootloader? or is there one out for the WWE? didnt find it on the asus site...

Guest Koplinjp

Looks like there are a few people that bricked their phones (me included). Some tells that was TWRP fault, others the root method...

Can someone with better knoledge explain...?

Guest Dangeroustry

I see that in the new ota is a small recovery patch. It can be the reason of the brick.

Maybe the ota will patch the TWRP causing the brick.

My suggest is to upload to you sdcard the WWE_A68-10.4.12.24-0-ota-user.zip, with fastboot flash (or boot only... but I don't test it) the stock recovery and update your devices. Then flash again CWM or TWRP and root. For me worked!

Edited by Dangeroustry

Guest Mafarricos

i did make my own guide from various sources which worked perfectly, but i guess i cant share that here...

Can you provide the guide?

I'm going to update to wwe 10.4.12.24, did you root with superboot?

I don't have any custom recovery...

Guest rafael_mfr

i did make my own guide from various sources which worked perfectly, but i guess i cant share that here...

why can't you share the guide here? that's the main purpose of the forum I guess.

I'm under 10.4.11.13 and would like to update to 10.4.12.24. Also I'm using TWRP installed from GooManager.

I appreciate if you can send me or even tells here the step-by-step.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by rafael_mfr

Guest SiSSiDroid

Ok, so heres what I did to get my padfone updated.

-Put the zipped ota file to sdcard

-Reboot

-After reboot you should see that theres a new update.(IF YOU DONT SEE THAT THERES A NEW UPDATE, UNZIP THE FILE AND REBOOT AGAIN)

-Click it

-Phone Reboots to TWRP and starts installing the update on OpenRecovery.

-Wipe Cache/Dalvik

-Reboot system

Done. You loose root and TWRP.

-Use the paul's one-click root to get you rooted.

-Reboot

-Install TWRP 2.4.4 trough GooManager

-Reboot

-Done.

This is how I got things working and after this I installed Lidenburgs rom from XDA site. Worked fine for me.

Edited by SiSSiDroid

Guest erkkiboy83

heres my rooting guide for the WWE 4.11.13

1. Download the unlock bootloader apk from asus,

Here: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=29&m=PadFone+2&hashedid=SENnFuo39DgIWFls

Just download the Unlock app. Install it with Asus Sync or just copy/paste from download directory to the directory of your choice on the phone. The open file manager and run the unlock.apk

2. Download these root tools from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35489305&postcount=115

3. Just follow the simple instructions when you open the main windows application(simply named root tools)

4. If you are running WWE version 10.4.11.13.0 you might encounter this simple error:

-failing to install Superuser. After reboot, just enter Superuser in play store and install.

?

Now, that wasnt that hard?But please do NOT install busybox(it will possibly brick your device it seems)

anyway , im download a newer fw now, but i dont have clockworkmod or any recovery installed to install updates, any tips on what to do?

Guest kleptonez

Hey Paul,

Thanks very much for this.

superboot works fine on 10.4.12.24.

after running the .bat file, the screen will go blank and the computer will ask you for the QHSUSB_DLOAD driver.

just have to reboot the device by long pressing the power button.

all's well.

Guest rafael_mfr

Hey Paul,

Thanks very much for this.

superboot works fine on 10.4.12.24.

after running the .bat file, the screen will go blank and the computer will ask you for the QHSUSB_DLOAD driver.

just have to reboot the device by long pressing the power button.

all's well.

What do you mean by "computer will ask you for the QHSUSB_DLOAD driver." ???

I'm (and many others) stuck on this state aparently for an unknow reason as you can see on this topic: http://www.modaco.com/topic/361374-bricked-phone-asked-for-qhsusb-dload-driver/

And there is no way to turn on the device. The only solution is to send it for tech assistance.

• 1 month later...
Guest pyccu4

Hi,Thanks for that solution. I got one question, it unlocks the boot loader! Is there a way to reverse the unlock and lock it again. Because that way the guaranty is lost?

Edited by pyccu4