Freezing and now black screen

Guest davehjames

Guest davehjames

Hi, hope somebody can help with this. I have followed instructions to root and then install and update ICS to B944. I did this in an effort to resolve a problem which I thought may be a software issue but is still there. The issue is that, from time to time, the phone completely locks up and requires a battery removal to get going again. This is getting worse and now intermittently when I switch the phone on the screen is blank and, after a minute or two a wood effect glow appears from left to right of the screen. This requires battery removal and sometimes two or three goes at turning on before it eventually boots up correctly. Anybody any ideas?

Many thanks for looking

Hi, hope somebody can help with this. I have followed instructions to root and then install and update ICS to B944. I did this in an effort to resolve a problem which I thought may be a software issue but is still there. The issue is that, from time to time, the phone completely locks up and requires a battery removal to get going again. This is getting worse and now intermittently when I switch the phone on the screen is blank and, after a minute or two a wood effect glow appears from left to right of the screen. This requires battery removal and sometimes two or three goes at turning on before it eventually boots up correctly. Anybody any ideas?

Many thanks for looking

If you have not modified the phone in any way with 3rd party software, it is all Huawei's fault. This means you can get a refund if you still have your warranty.

Guest davehjames

If you have not modified the phone in any way with 3rd party software, it is all Huawei's fault. This means you can get a refund if you still have your warranty.

Yes, that's what I thought. Unfortunately I have indeed lost the warranty and can't even remember exactly where I bought it from! Ah well, chalk another one up to experience, that will teach me the next time. Many thanks for your prompt response by the way.

Yes, that's what I thought. Unfortunately I have indeed lost the warranty and can't even remember exactly where I bought it from! Ah well, chalk another one up to experience, that will teach me the next time. Many thanks for your prompt response by the way.

Have you tried installing a new ROM? That might solve the problem, if it is a software related problem.

Guest davehjames

Have you tried installing a new ROM? That might solve the problem, if it is a software related problem.

No, perhaps I'll trythat next.

Thanks again

Edited by davehjames

Guest davehjames

No, perhaps I'll trythat next.

Thanks again

Curiouser and curiouser - I'm still playing with this and discovered that the fault is mainly prevalent when the back of the phone (battery cover) is put back on !! With no back onthe phone it appears to be ok. Aybody have any idea what may be going on here?

Many thanks