[ROM]ICS[4.0.4] Baidu REPACK v22 25.02.2013.

Guest dakok

mine says r_2.1.19.188

my bad, beta V20 is U8818_R_2.1.19.188 (they started at zero), and the updated beta V21 is U8818_R_2.1.20.188 (what you should get after)

did you change anything under the system folder? did you follow instructions to the letter? did the update report any errors (after flashing go to advanced -> show log)? how long did you wait for the boot?

Edited by pOcHa

my bad, beta V20 is U8818_R_2.1.19.188 (they started at zero), and the updated beta V21 is U8818_R_2.1.20.188 (what you should get after)

did you change anything under the system folder? did you follow instructions to the letter? did the update report any errors (after flashing go to advanced -> show log)? how long did you wait for the boot?

no i didnt change anything in the system folder, followered the instruction as above, i left it on boot logo for about 5mins.it didnt show any errors?

Baidy Yi beta V21 English Repack (full version)

if you have a problem with just the update (http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2085311), then use this full version: same instructions as in the first post of this thread...

EDIT: not working - they introduced additional dependencies on some files that were previously safe to remove from earlier versions... instead use dakok's repack (only foreground apps removed, but not the background services) from the first post of this thread

LATEST: confirmed working now - doesn't have bloatware as dakok's repack

Link: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B4jfGTZioWRWZkRYUDFjR0lwcUU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by pOcHa

Baidy Yi ROM beta V21 English Repack (full version)

if you have a problem with just the update (http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2085311), then use this full version: same instructions as in the first post of this thread...

Link: https://www.dropbox....brkr/Mhcg1BTPXl

as before, will this wipe all my current setting when installing new version or can i just install over the top without wipes?

Well, I tried rom21 - repacked just as I did for ROM20 (minimal apk removal) - and I get stuck ok baidu logo. :wacko:

Tried without gapps - the same thing. :angry:

Now I will try chinese original...

Edit:

It works fine, removing chinese apks...

It seems that something I removed blocks rom on boot screen....

Edited by dakok

Guest dan nedan

Well, I tried rom21 - repacked just as I did for ROM20 (minimal apk removal) - and I get stuck ok baidu logo. :wacko:

Tried without gapps - the same thing. :angry:

Now I will try chinese original...

Edit:

It works fine, removing chinese apks...

It seems that something I removed blocks rom on boot screen....

the same thing here.

went back to v20.

Edited by dan nedan

dakok, the only thing different I removed was that new anti-theft app (FindDM.apk/.odex), its autorun on boot by default - so maybe the rom hangs when it can't find it, did you try not removing it? don't have the time to test it right now...

Edited by pOcHa

I removed the same apps I did for rom20 version. - Not 100% sure, to be honest :blush:

Now I tried without Baidu Input, Weather, Wangpan and it works fine.

How to find the troubled one?

the quick-and-dirty, but the easiest method would be to install everything, and then remove one app at a time with root explorer, rebooting afterwards, until you find the offending app

Guest Zyamstein

Hi every one, i'm new one here

Instaling baidu rom21 now

Will see what's happand

it's my first Android experience

Edited by Zyamstein

Removed most of the stuff.

And it works fine. Uploading later this evening...

dakok anyway to get the update working as i dont want to install the whole rom?