[ROM]ICS[4.0.4] Baidu REPACK v22 25.02.2013.

Guest dakok

Guest gaijyn1981

yes i am aware of that but when you got the phone set as you like, takes awhile to set it up again , thats all.

Yes,I know,but is best to make a clean install to evoid bugs

they introduced additional dependencies on some files that were safely removed from earlier version, so i added them to the update here:

but need someone to test and confirm it - it should work now, but if it still doesn't, i'll just do what dakok did (remove only the foreground chinese apps, but leave their background services) so it will work then for sure (if it doesn't now)

Yes,I know,but is best to make a clean install to evoid bugs

only if you do a clean install of all your applications too, but OTA update is cleaner than restoring a backup

Guest gaijyn1981

only if you do a clean install of all your applications too, but OTA update is cleaner than restoring a backup

it's recommended to make a clean install of apps too 'cause it may interference with new modifycations of the OTA update(sorry my bad english). I always do a clean install to be sure everything works good Edited by gaijyn1981

well if you did a clean install of apps (clean the data too, and reset all your settings - otherwise its not "that clean") after an OTA update, then what was the point of it all? unless you suffer from OCD, that is... ;-p

Edited by pOcHa

Guest gaijyn1981
well if you did a clean install of apps (clean the data too, and reset all your settings - otherwise its not that "clean") after an OTA update, than what was the point of it? unless you suffer from OCD, that is...
LOOOOL

User apps settings may not be campatible with the new OTA update. I take the OTA update as a comodity of developers to remake the whole ROM. This is not a good solution to a perfect (even beta ROM) ;)

now that's just taking things too far, not everyone is obsessed with perfection (do you reinstall your pc too every time there is a windows update - the probability of something not working is absolutely the same), nor do they have the time or inclination to repeat that every two weeks - so it is actually a commodity to the users, to a dev it is just a lot more added work (take a look inside the updater-script)

Edited by pOcHa

Guest experiment626

After reading about this rom on the G300 I gave the G330 version ago from www.romzj.com and it definitely is a more smoother experience then the stock roms currently running v2.0 of the badu rom but takes a while work out what can be removed because alot of the BADU core stuff is needed. Battery life has improved alot along with the badu rom and the memory utilisation has also improved alot.

I tend to use nandriod backups alot switching roms but agree setting it up again after a reflash of the latest version is a real pain as all the chinese apps get reloaded again.

I`ll post the list of apps that are safe to remove so you can prepare a "clean" version for your G330 :)

would you be able to strip the ota version and post it as i think most people would like that including myself as it will be easier to update?

There`s an interesting Yunos modded ROM21 rom, seeder version.

Download link:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=286826&uk=20186693
Topic link:
http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-6369357-1-1.html[/code]

I`ll post a simple instruction how to "westernise" it.

have you seen post #305

its not the problem of stripping it, but adding back the missing files from the repack... anyway, try it now and report back

i dont mid trying it, problem is if its fornight release then it means wiping syetem everytime new updates comes out, it would be better to try and strip the OTA version and use that one going forward, is this not possbile.

There`s an interesting Yunos modded ROM21 rom, seeder version.

Download link:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=286826&uk=20186693
Topic link:
http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-6369357-1-1.html[/code]

I`ll post a simple instruction how to "westernise" it.

whats the different with this one compare with others?

yaqh, it IS the ota update, read the post it links to, it was updated....

sorry i must have missed something, i thought it was the new full version as OTA had issues? is it just the update or full version with the support with OTA?

CAN you please provide the OTA update link, the fixed one. as previous one got stuck on boot logo.

Edited by yaqh

whats the different with this one compare with others?

To really know the difference - one should test it :)

I wont do that. I`ĺl show you how to adapt it so you can test it yourself. I can`t try every rom that looks promising. :)

So it goes like this:

Apps used:

Notepad++ (portable)

7zip

Open Baidu rom zip file in 7zip.

Delete Recovery folder.

Go to: META-INF/com/google/android.

Drag updater-script file from 7zip window to desktop (or somewhere else).

Leave 7zip window open.

Open Notepad++ and run it, open your dragged updater-script file.

Change phone version - replace u8818 to u8815 to look like this:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "U8815" ||

getprop("ro.product.device") == "u8815" ||

getprop("ro.product.device") == "hwu8815" ||

getprop("ro.build.product") == "U8815" ||

getprop("ro.build.product") == "u8815" ||

getprop("ro.build.product") == "hwu8815");

(just change last numbers 8 to number 5)

Delete only the next lines (leaving empty space after deletion):

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p12", "0");

package_extract_dir("recovery", "/system");

set_perm(0, 0, 0544, "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");

Save your updater script file and drag it back to your (still open) 7zip window

in META-INF/com/google/android folder (it will automaticly replace old version)

Still in 7zip window:

Remove chinese apks from system\app like this:

Remove *.apk and its *.odex part

BaiduBrowser.apk

BaiduClickSearch.apk

BaiduImageSearch.apk

BaiduInput.apk

BaiduMap.apk

BaiduMarket.apk

BaiduMusicPlayer.apk

BaiduNetworkLocation.apk

BaiduReader.apk

BaiduUserFeedback.apk

BaiduWangpan.apk

BaiduWeather.apk

FindmeDM.apk

NewPhoneWizard.apk

P2P.apk

P2PScenes.apk

SearchBox.apk

VoiceAssistant.apk

Just close 7zip window and thats it.

For Shendu rom, you dont have to change version number and you remove some other apks.

Edited by dakok

ok, to avoid any further confusion, the link in this post (http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2085311) was edited there with the new version of the OTA update, but here it is again:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

there are two files in that folder, one smaller that has everything unnecessary removed (faster rom, more memory) but which might not boot (but it should now), so try that one first

and the other, larger one, is called BLOATWARE, as it has some Baidu background services remaining (you get them in dakok's V21 repack too), but which boots for sure - so use that one only if the first fails...

Edited by pOcHa