[ROM]ICS[4.0.4] Baidu REPACK v22 25.02.2013.

Guest dakok

Guest TangerineTractor

why do u need that?

You need it for a decent GPS fix time. That was the only issue I had with this Rom, although I didn't find it anywhere near as smooth and responsive as cm.

gps works just fine for me (2-3 s)

and CM10 is understandably better just because of the jelly bean project butter, but are you maybe referring to CM9 also?

Guest TangerineTractor

gps works just fine for me (2-3 s)

and CM10 is understandably better just because of the jelly bean project butter, but are you maybe referring to CM9 also?

Yes, cm9 was better for me in teams of screen responsiveness.

GPS fix took a minute or two initially, and then about thirty seconds every time, whereas on ALL other roms it is virtually instant.

Guest mr_mufy

its already listed here, at the bottom: http://www.modaco.co...k/#entry2082199

no, you would still need the addons from the above post

and also, this rom has different mount points than stock, so it doesn't suffer from its sd-card unmounting problem - the author of that app would have to update it accordingly

pOcHa, have u using the mod to internal storage?

I can't add the mod on it....

If u have can u help me?

Guest jpbroad1970

I love this rom the only issue I have is it won't pick up gps on weather apps but it's fine on navigation... But it is not going to change my life so I'm happy as is. Just thought I would mention it in case there is an easy fix i have missed. Once again cheers for a great rom best I have used to date looking forward to the next update whenever it happens

i wasn't long enough on the betas to check the gps, but on the stable version it works just fine for me, so did you check this:

a.) use the default kernel

b.) install gapps

c.) check if you have NetworkLocation.apk (not BaiduNetworkLocation.apk) in system/apps

d.) enable network location in settings (its reads "Baidu", but its actually Google asking you for permission, so it works)

anyway, gps on this rom causes (not just figuratively, but literally) zero drain when not being actively used by any apps (no gps icon in the status bar), and only navigation uses it constantly - so there is no actual need for turning it off, ever...

Guest ukimann

Hm, I just noticed that sms notifications work only on stock app. When I try go sms or any other app there's no notification, no sound, no led blinking...anyone else had this issue?

Other then that it's an excellent rom, fast, responsive and looks great.

Guest fillwatertank

is it possible to turn off/uninstall the toggle-bar in this rom? i would use power toggles instead, and there's no need two kind of toggles

the only thing i miss from power toggles is the flashlight (btw, its the single most popular feature request on chinese forums), what do you need? do you know that long pressing the icon opens up its corresponding settings...

All works fine on my rom no issues other than the weather app gps

maybe its the app? i'm using go weather ex, and totem weather from huawei found my city also (but just the main app works, widget is not compatible)

Edited by pOcHa

I tried today new MIUI release, and downloaded few online themes for MIUI.

Not too bad release, but lacks free memory.

Then flashed Baidu v20 back and, to my surprise

those MIUIs themes remained and were usable for Baidu too.

Lockers work, too. :)

Guest fillwatertank

yep. i miss the flashlight toggle. no i didnt know that its configurable to long press. (but if you touch the three dots at the end of the toggles, there is a menu where you can set the toggles orders.)

I love this rom the only issue I have is it won't pick up gps on weather apps but it's fine on navigation... But it is not going to change my life so I'm happy as is. Just thought I would mention it in case there is an easy fix i have missed. Once again cheers for a great rom best I have used to date looking forward to the next update whenever it happens

Download PimpMyRom from the Play Store, and apply some GPS tweaks. That might help.

Edited by kyan31

Guest jpbroad1970

Download PimpMyRom from the Play Store, and apply some GPS tweaks. That might help.

Thank I will give it a try

Edited by jpbroad1970