Photo

[ROM]ICS[4.0.4] Baidu REPACK v22 25.02.2013.

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
So I decided to give this ROM a shot for beeing so different, and I'm quite liking it right now. The only thing that keeps bothering me is the sluggish interface, installed Nova Launcher like I always do which kind of helps smooth things over a bit but it's still a pretty noticeable, not asking for JB levels of smoothness but this kind of falls short of the other ROMs I've tried :P would love to see localisation too but I can settle for english easily while that doesn't show up.

Other than that impecable stuff for me, thanks for your work! Loving this!

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

The only thing that keeps bothering me is the sluggish interface, installed Nova Launcher like I always do which kind of helps smooth things over a bit but it's still a pretty noticeable, not asking for JB levels of smoothness but this kind of falls short of the other ROMs I've tried :P

Funny thing is that I decided to repack it and post it here for the very reason of being less sluggish than other ICSs I had tried. Now Im tempted to make a video proof. :-)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GOlteanu

GOlteanu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Palm Pre

Funny thing is that I decided to repack it and post it here for the very reason of being less sluggish than other ICSs I had tried. Now Im tempted to make a video proof. :-)

Same thing here, no lag, no nothing, the only lag I get is when I'm downloading something, talking to my girlfriend and playing Rage of bahamut, all at the same time, and even then the lag isn't something noticeable.

I don't know why he installed nova launcher when you have so many themes and way to customize the rom

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
And another nice thing is that you can use a lot of MIUI themes, and you can
download MIUI lockscreens and use them with Baidu`s native launcher!

logo-telekineza.png 

pOcHa

pOcHa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
another one of those "performance" rom kiddies... just ignore them

Baidu Cloud ROM stable V6 (finalized beta V47): http://www.modaco.co...lish-2014-04-24
Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49: http://www.modaco.co...glish-2014-06-06

GOlteanu

GOlteanu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

another one of those "performance" rom kiddies... just ignore them

Yeah, I know...

Although I just noticed, I'm running the first release by dakok, and haven't used it with mobile data (I have wifi wherever I go) and turned it on now and from 87% battery it got to 29% in 20 minutes. What could be the problem?

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
Some app, or battery (hope not) or whoknowswhat? :)

logo-telekineza.png 

pOcHa

pOcHa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
if your phone was on sleep for a long time before that, then the battery indicator was not displaying the actual percentage left when you turned the screen on

and check the battery stats, what app(s) used it the most?

also, I seem to recall you added some mods to the rom? then one of them is the culprit

Baidu Cloud ROM stable V6 (finalized beta V47): http://www.modaco.co...lish-2014-04-24

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
Love this ROM, one of the best ICS ROMs out there--
speed - excellent
stability - no FCs
GPS - locked position within 10 secs
Games - tried a couple, smooth experience

pobesneli_max

pobesneli_max

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:g300

Love this ROM, one of the best ICS ROMs out there--
speed - excellent
stability - no FCs
GPS - locked position within 10 secs
Games - tried a couple, smooth experience

what version of rom are u using? im using v20, fruit ninja is not working, can u check it on your phone?

GOlteanu

GOlteanu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

if your phone was on sleep for a long time before that, then the battery indicator was not displaying the actual percentage left when you turned the screen on

and check the battery stats, what app(s) used it the most?

also, I seem to recall you added some mods to the rom? then one of them is the culprit

I haven't used any mods, I just changed some stuff, but I do the same for every rom I have, and never had this problem, so it isn't from the changes I made...

pOcHa

pOcHa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
i beg to differ, Occam's razor would suggest that it is something you did - simply make a backup, do a fresh install, and test without any of your changes

anyway, what about my other two questions? regarding the first, battery percentage is updated after a few minutes, so you could have actually started with a lot less battery remaining... and for the second, check the battery usage (settings -> battery -> consumption), and the data usage too (settings -> data usage -> app), i forgot to mention that one, right after it happens again (otherwise stats would not be relevant) to see if it's any particular app or service responsible

Edited by pOcHa, 19 February 2013 - 12:43 PM.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
Changes announced for upcoming monday ROM22 release:

Google`s interpretation:

[Phone]
Repaired:: an incoming call, the two sides can hear the sound, but beeps, then the phone stopps (provider: Stupid stupid)
Repaired: a strange calling number, display error (Contributors: Wind invisible)
Optimized: call interface, contact picture - full screen display, tensile (provider: drunk memories)
Repaired: Calling time record error (provider: reviveningxia)
Repaired: dialpad input 02, the emergence crash (provider: weideshengboss)

[Directories]
The edited contacts can not be stored (provider: wpcandyy)
Repaired: phone card replacements, still display the old card contacts, contacts, contacts (provider did not load the new cards: the passage of time oc,)

[SMS]
Send button text is unclear, fixed SMS pop-up (provider: _ someone _ memories)
Repaired: folder on the main screen display unread messages error (Contributors: first market )

[Multimedia]
Repaired: Gallery video is not an option to quickly broadcast program playback (Contributors: the unicorn尐灬)
Fix: silent or vibrate mode, play music, calls music does not stop (provider: dagger 1234 )

[Desktop]
Repaired: desktop folder does not show the count information (provider: vmzjw)
Repaired: change lock screen style after the restart, there are contacts but not in the hands of (provider: WEISONGJUN )

[Other]
Repaired:, while sliding the top of the screen, the white spots are not well synchronized (Contributors: 915841942 )

Current ROM Recommended:
1. Optimize a key optimization strategies that adequately address the problem of
mobile phone use for some time after the memory footprint is too high
and can not be effectively freeing memory. Let your phone always in top form.

2. new status bar shortcut switch tabs, more convenient to use!

Other improvements:

Phone, text messaging, directories
Repaired: send MMS, add pictures, click on the text input box, enter text, text input box shows insufficiency

[Video player]
Three options optimized the video player gestures scaling function, provided the original size, 2 times the size of the full-screen playback
Optimized video player lock screen control, direct control lock gravity sensor and interface operation

logo-telekineza.png 

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

what version of rom are u using? im using v20, fruit ninja is not working, can u check it on your phone?

v19 by p0cha, taken from his thread. Forgot to mention, on speakers, people can't hear my voice on this ROM. Currently using the B952 Slim ROM (so can't check Fruit ninja before weekend), which is quite good too.

GOlteanu

GOlteanu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

i beg to differ, Occam's razor would suggest that it is something you did - simply make a backup, do a fresh install, and test without any of your changes

anyway, what about my other two questions? regarding the first, battery percentage is updated after a few minutes, so you could have actually started with a lot less battery remaining... and for the second, check the battery usage (settings -> battery -> consumption), and the data usage too (settings -> data usage -> app), i forgot to mention that one, right after it happens again (otherwise stats would not be relevant) to see if it's any particular app or service responsible

Solved. Wiped Battery stats after fully charging the phone... Now on mobile data I get 4-5 hours of non stop internet browsing.

GOlteanu

GOlteanu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
Dakok will you be releasing it here on monday?

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
Although I found a better rom (cm10r6), I will post new releases because Baidu has many interesting features, you cant find in regular stock roms.
I guess HuaWei wont give new releases, so only stuff to look forward to is Daz's improvements of JBs, new Shendus and Baidu. Later, I expect Jaimes, Cyda, Jsevi and Kyan to customise those :)

logo-telekineza.png 

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
^^ looking forward to the updates :)

pOcHa

pOcHa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

v19 by p0cha, taken from his thread. Forgot to mention, on speakers, people can't hear my voice on this ROM. Currently using the B952 Slim ROM (so can't check Fruit ninja before weekend), which is quite good too.

speaker working just fine for me on v19

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@y4s1nne

Although I found a better rom (cm10r6), I will post new releases because Baidu has many interesting features, you cant find in regular stock roms.
I guess HuaWei wont give new releases, so only stuff to look forward to is Daz's improvements of JBs, new Shendus and Baidu. Later, I expect Jaimes, Cyda, Jsevi and Kyan to customise those :)

so cm10r6 is worth it? hows smoothness & battery there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users