Update for S500 ORGROD

Guest Claudelu

Guest Claudelu

All Orange Romania phones check for updates because it's an update for the phone. It's still 4.0.4 but I think it's a fix for some bugs ... I've just updated it .. will see what it does

Guest Alexandru.k_24

All Orange Romania phones check for updates because it's an update for the phone. It's still 4.0.4 but I think it's a fix for some bugs ... I've just updated it .. will see what it does

have you installed it?any changes?what about battery life?

Guest Claudelu

have you installed it?any changes?what about battery life?

don't know yet ... just installed it ... we'll see ... as vache said .. no changelog provided by them

Edited by Claudelu

nu am card sd :)
daca aveti alea aplicatiile stock sterse de la org nu va merge:)) am reflashuit stock orgrod si a mers.

Use english guys ;) this is an international forum

Anyway just as an advice. Instead of deleting stock bloatware use something like Titanium or a similar prog. to freeze all of it ;) and just defrost them if you need it for updates ;)

Hello. I've just downloaded the update and tried to install it, but it always fails. Why? I haven't rooted my phone or anything.. After the update starts, the android icon is changing immediately to that "robot" laying down with a warning.. then it restarts and it says that update failed.

Help please?

Edited by hack23

Guest apometru

are you sure you're version of android is orgrod? and you did not delete any stock firmware (you said that it's not but perhaps you rooted it deleted something and unrooted)? try go into recovery and do a hard reset then try again

Edited by apometru

Guest apometru

i know you are romanian but it's an international forum as someone pointed me out. dude try the stock firmware from vache (stock firmware thread) and install the orgrod version but beware it f**s you're wifi and you have to put the wifi driver (wifi issues thread). then try to update. i installed that from vache and enabled wifi but because i deleted stock apps i had to reflash and enable driver again, applied the update and it worked (you have to unroot the phone for the update to work)

Edited by apometru

Guest apometru

i don't know where you read that but it doesn't help

i have the same problems some wi-fi networks work some don't

Edited by apometru

Guest smedyxx

If i rooted my phone, how can I install the update OTA ? It sais "This system update is not available for your device". Do i have to unroot the phone?

Daca am facut root la telefon , cum pot sa instalez update-ul OTA? cand intru la actualizare sisetm, dau verificare acum si zice " Aceasta actualizare de sistem nu este permisa pentru dispozitivul dumneavoastra". Trebuie sa fac unroot? Mentionez ca nu am sters nici o aplicatie orange!

Guest Alexandru.k_24

ok...someone managed to do a successfully update?any changes...any improvements?i waste a lot of time customizing my phone,deleted a lot of Orange crap apps...so if the update doesn`t bring anything big...i will stay on the preinstalled verstion until Jelly Bean comes to my phone.

Guest apometru

eu l-am pus singurul lucru diferit mi se pare ca e mai... rapid?!? dar poate e doar efectul:)))

i installed it... it seems a bit faster but maybe that's just the placepo effect:)))))

Edited by apometru

Anyone with this update tried to unlock the bootloader using vache tutorial?does it work?

The tutorial posted for unlocking BL is for JB version. If we try it on 4.0.4. it can/will brick our phone...

Guest Alexandru.k_24

The tutorial posted for unlocking BL is for JB version. If we try it on 4.0.4. it can/will brick our phone...

too bad...it bugs me off every time i want to enter in recovery mode i have to connect the phone to PC.it would be more easily just to flash the recovery partition.but for that we need bootloader unlocked :(