Pre-MCR WWE ROM for the Padfone 2

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

In this topic i've posted a custom recovery that allows developers to create custom ROMs.

To show this in action, I deodexed and prerooted the WWE 10.4.11.13 update, as well as removing the recovery overwrite function. In advance of maybe creating a MoDaCo Custom ROM and kitchen i've run it through my optimisation scripts to give that extra bit of speed and reduction in size. You can have a play now and see what you think!

Please reply to this post if you want a MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Padfone 2!

• DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: c887e5a7d51baed822bac0fa529deabf

I've flashed this on my device and it's running great, but use at your own risk of course. :)

Note that if you are flashing to / from a different region (e.g. WWE<>TW) then as your device is being re-partitioned, you may need to wipe. If the initial flash fails, wipe data, then flash again. If this flash still fails, restart recovery then flash again. :)

P

Guest rafael_mfr

@Paul

I'll give a try with ur 'custom rom' as soon as possible, for sure!

Btw I have some problems during flash wwe deodexed that you provided earlier. I left a msg into the other thread (wwe deodexed one) and appreciate if you could help there.

B)

Edited by rafael_mfr

Guest rafael_mfr

I think this needs unlocked bootloader. right?

you're right!

1- install asus drivers, until your phone has been recognized by windows on device manager;

2- install unlock.apk for padfone 2 provided by asus, then you got bootloader unlocked (oficially, this will avoid your warranty);

3- put phone into Fastboot MODE!!! (power off then turn on by holding Vol UP + Power button) the screen should stays with ASUS logo and white letters on top;

4- open cmd and then go to your adb folder, put recovery files into there, flash modded recovery from Paul (http://www.modaco.co...asus-padfone-2/)by typing the command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.modaco.r1.img

5- now that you have the modded recovery flashed, leave the rom you want on root of sdcard;

6- boot into recovery (power off then turn on by holding vol down + power button);

7- choose "apply update from external card", find the .zip file on the root and confirm on power button;

8- flash procedure starts;

9- reboot and you're done!

I think that's all... if I forgot something, someone please advise it!

more information about initial steps: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2030716

Edited by rafael_mfr

Guest rafael_mfr

That will erease all Memory include the pictures and music right?

Paul is the best one to answer your question.

I don't know if this Pre-MCR (Modaco Custom Rom) is wipe or no-wipe, I'm at work and will do the flash procedure as soon I get home.

By the way, I did a TitaniumBackup for all apps + data.

Paul, does your modded recovery can do a nandroid backup? Can't see this option.

Guest rafael_mfr

I can't install Pre-MCR WWE 11.4.11.13

my pf2 is bootloader unlocked, rooted and 10.4.9.6

enter fastboot mode, open cmd and then fastboot boot recovery modaco img

when the recovery is up, apply update from sdcard, choose WWE_A68-10.4.11.13-0-ota-user-deodex-opt.zip

flash procedure starts and failed

"Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Instalation aborted."

wipe data, repeat whole procedure mentioned above and still get update error during flash

what am I doing wrong?

Edited by rafael_mfr

Guest darkvice01
I can't install Pre-MCR WWE 11.4.11.13

my pf2 is bootloader unlocked, rooted and 10.4.9.6

enter fastboot mode, open cmd and then fastboot boot recovery modaco img

when the recovery is up, apply update from sdcard, choose WWE_A68-10.4.11.13-0-ota-user-deodex-opt.zip

flash procedure starts and failed

"Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Instalation aborted."

wipe data, repeat whole procedure mentioned above and still get update error during flash

what am I doing wrong?

If Paul flashed that and he didn't experienced any problem.. try to download his ROM again.. maybe the ROM got corrupted while in a process of download..or download the Asus new firmware update first then flash Paul's ROM.

Guest rafael_mfr

If Paul flashed that and he didn't experienced any problem.. try to download his ROM again.. maybe the ROM got corrupted while in a process of download..or download the Asus new firmware update first then flash Paul's ROM.

The file isn't corrupted because MD5 matches exactly the original one.

Could you please gently tell me the detailed procedure to install asus new fw update and then flash Pre-MCR from Paul?

Guest DjBastard

The file isn't corrupted because MD5 matches exactly the original one.

Could you please gently tell me the detailed procedure to install asus new fw update and then flash Pre-MCR from Paul?

++++ 100000

please steps flash rom ???? pleaseee...

thanks

sallu2

Guest ahkai98

1.download TW_A68-10.4.11.13-0-ota-user-deodex or WWE_A68-10.4.11.13-0-ota-user-deodex or WWE_A68-10.4.11.13-0-ota-user-deodex-opt copy into your internal memory.

2.unlock your phone with asus unlock.apk

3.power off your phone, (volume+ ) + (powe button) boot into fastboot mode

4. 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.modaco.r1.img'. done, dont reboot it, just type 'fastboot boot recovery.modaco.r1.img'.

5.power off your phone, (volume-) + (power button) boot into recovery mode, apply update from extrenal storage, then choose your file, done!

Edited by ahkai98

Guest phoenixg36

I flashed your rom and it work.

- Busybox is missing

- NFC is working

So it will be great to see a coustom rom

Is it possible to make the Battery %?

Guest DjBastard

I flashed your rom and it work.

- Busybox is missing

- NFC is working

So it will be great to see a coustom rom

Is it possible to make the Battery %?

Hi!! :)

Does it work? light goes ...

You've followed the steps of ahkai98?

The battery icons are in: SistemUI.apk --(Rename to *. Zip)-->drawable-hdpi

in other rom dexoxeadas are there, would be substituted for each other,

my battery I like is this:

http://ul.to/8c7xojpi

when I have some time I'll look more ...

Greatings

Edited by DjBastard

Guest phoenixg36

1.download TW_A68-10.4.11.13-0-ota-user-deodex or WWE_A68-10.4.11.13-0-ota-user-deodex or WWE_A68-10.4.11.13-0-ota-user-deodex-opt copy into your internal memory.

2.unlock your phone with asus unlock.apk

3.power off your phone, (volume+ ) + (powe button) boot into fastboot mode

4. 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.modaco.r1.img'. done, dont reboot it, just type 'fastboot boot recovery.modaco.r1.img'.

5.power off your phone, (volume-) + (power button) boot into recovery mode, apply update from extrenal storage, then choose your file, done!

I do step 1-4 and step 5 I flashed the rom, no reboot and it works.

Guest phoenixg36

Hi!! :)

Does it work? light goes ...

You've followed the steps of ahkai98?

The battery icons are in: SistemUI.apk --(Rename to *. Zip)-->drawable-hdpi

in other rom dexoxeadas are there, would be substituted for each other,

my battery I like is this:

http://ul.to/8c7xojpi

when I have some time I'll look more ...

Greatings

I try this, but with out success :(

Guest sunshine333

This is a great start! I'm excited to have flashed my first custom rom for this guy. I've been flashing the MCR roms since the Acer Liquid. Thanks Paul! I'm really hoping development for this device will take off. It's a shame that it's only available in a limited number of markets.

• 2 weeks later...

OK Paul...... I'm moving forward having continued my research. Have installed SDK with the minimum packages needed to get this done. I've also located my ADB folder and confirmed my device - padfone 2 is recognised. You may think me lacking, but i'm gonna nail this thing....... Garmin!....Be Gone!!!! :-)

Stay tuned.....