Blurred screen - UPDATES

Guest Suxsem

Hi all. My friend got an LG l3 and we wanted to play with new ROMs (i was a rom developer for acer liquid so i have some experience...)

but when we tried the latest cm we got the "blurred screen" issue that others on this forum have.

I investigate a little and discovered that the issue is related to kernel...

So i wrote this mail to LG:

Hi. The problem is that you release only the initial version of the kernel sources (v10c). The new hardware revision of LG l3 requires a more recent kernel to get screen working properly. Please take a look there (http://www.modaco.co...m-cm9-nor-miui/) Are you planning to release a more recent kernel source with working screen for new hardware revision of LG l3? Cause at the moment you are broking open source terms for newest firmwares... Waiting for your reply, thanks

after a couple of days they replied to me:

Dear S S

Thank you for your interest about our mobile phone.

“We received your request on LG Open Source Code Distribution site(http://opensource.lge.com).

This site is just for providing source codes of FOSS(Free and Open Source Software) we have used in our product.”

We delivered your request to our dev. team.

Normally it will take one~two weeks.

We will inform you that when the source code is ready to download.

We hope this information will help you.

So we have some hope to get the latest kernel sources...

When we got it we have to merge with CM sources or ask CM team to merge it for us (but i read somewhere that CM team stopped supporting this phone...)

When i will have more news i will post there...

bye

edit: maybe you could send other mails to lg (use the "request for inquiry" button from http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensource-detail.jsp?detailCustomerModelCode=LGE400) so they will do this faster...

Edited by Suxsem

Ye got it!

Yesterday a received this mail

We apologize to you for late response for your request.

We upload the source code you requested today. Now you can download the source code.

We hope this information will help you.

and today.....

boom!

https://wws.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensourceList?types=ALL&search=lge400

LGE400(Optimus_L3)_Android_GingerBread_LGE400ATv10q

It's time to do some porting :D

enjoy guys :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Boris Blagojevic

really great expansion :)

thanks for your trying to talk with devs. i appreciate it.... :thumb up:

Can you develop or port or develop kernel what can work for ARM and Qualcomm 7225a similar like "Hyperthreading"of intal CPU's.Take developing Hyperthreading Yayakuya as a chalange for your developing skils.I need desperadetly to split CPU on 2 or 4 logical CPU's Qualcomm 7225a ARM v7 have 128 KB L2 Cashe 128/2=64 KB per logical CPU and 128/4=32 KB per logical hyperthreaded CPU.There are many overclocked kernels but none of Hyperthreading kernels for LG Optimus L3 E400 with universal compatibility for all Custom and Stock ROM's.Can you do it?One day when I be ready I will explode of rage and develop it myself when I learn all basic about ROM and kernels developing.You should do it because nobody will who ever I ask to develop this Hyperthreading kernel nobody will not do it everyone thinking that is overclock is enough or to buy multicore model but nobody knows that is posible that even cheap single core model like LG Optimus can work just like his stronger multicore brothers by simply using kernel to split his SoC chip on 2 and 4 logical hyperthreaded parts like improvisation to fool multicore aplications and ROM's to make them think that LG Optimus L3 E400 have multicore cpu but actualy just like intel Pentium 4 HT have only one core splited using Hyperthreading that have two CPU's in one.

Guest Boris Blagojevic

yippiieeee.... great news!!!!! :D

Can you develop or port or develop kernel what can work for ARM and Qualcomm 7225a similar like "Hyperthreading"of intel CPU's.Take developing Hyperthreading Yayakuya as a chalange for your developing skils.I need desperadetly to split CPU on 2 or 4 logical CPU's Qualcomm 7225a ARM v7 have 128 KB L2 Cashe 128/2=64 KB per logical CPU and 128/4=32 KB per logical hyperthreaded CPU.There are many overclocked kernels but none of Hyperthreading kernels for LG Optimus L3 E400 with universal compatibility for all Custom and Stock ROM's.Can you do it?One day when I be ready I will explode of rage and develop it myself when I learn all basic about ROM and kernels developing.You should do it because nobody will who ever I ask to develop this Hyperthreading kernel nobody will not do it everyone thinking that is overclock is enough or to buy multicore model but nobody knows that is posible that even cheap single core model like LG Optimus can work just like his stronger multicore brothers by simply using kernel to split his SoC chip on 2 and 4 logical hyperthreaded parts like improvisation to fool multicore aplications and ROM's to make them think that LG Optimus L3 E400 have multicore cpu but actualy just like intel Pentium 4 HT have only one core splited using Hyperthreading that have two CPU's in one. Edited by Boris Blagojevic

Guest yayakuya

Can you develop or port or develop kernel what can work for ARM and Qualcomm 7225a similar like "Hyperthreading"of intel CPU's.Take developing Hyperthreading Yayakuya as a chalange for your developing skils.I need desperadetly to split CPU on 2 or 4 logical CPU's Qualcomm 7225a ARM v7 have 128 KB L2 Cashe 128/2=64 KB per logical CPU and 128/4=32 KB per logical hyperthreaded CPU.There are many overclocked kernels but none of Hyperthreading kernels for LG Optimus L3 E400 with universal compatibility for all Custom and Stock ROM's.Can you do it?One day when I be ready I will explode of rage and develop it myself when I learn all basic about ROM and kernels developing.You should do it because nobody will who ever I ask to develop this Hyperthreading kernel nobody will not do it everyone thinking that is overclock is enough or to buy multicore model but nobody knows that is posible that even cheap single core model like LG Optimus can work just like his stronger multicore brothers by simply using kernel to split his SoC chip on 2 and 4 logical hyperthreaded parts like improvisation to fool multicore aplications and ROM's to make them think that LG Optimus L3 E400 have multicore cpu but actualy just like intel Pentium 4 HT have only one core splited using Hyperthreading that have two CPU's in one.

i've got no Linux on my computer, that because i'm not able to develope kernels... just ROMs ask to the others with your own thread, and DO NOT SPAM any thread with your whatever idea!!! :angry:

JUST MAKE NEW THREAD ABOUT THAT.... PLEASE!!!

Guest Boris Blagojevic

i've got no Linux on my computer, that because i'm not able to develope kernels... just ROMs ask to the others with your own thread, and DO NOT SPAM any thread with your whatever idea!!! :angry:

JUST MAKE NEW THREAD ABOUT THAT.... PLEASE!!!

We will see but you are apsolutely perfectly right about one thing about thread and apsolutely perfectly wrong about the other.Overclock will someday terminate our androids devices and atfter that we can give them to the 7 years old kids to play with them at home and on the streets when they are playing game life of alults like job family and the game Power Rangers Samurai using our dead androids as samuriser.

Edited by Boris Blagojevic