Photo

[ROM] Inovative Creations for ZTE Skate (based on Skatie Custom ROM)

* * * * * 3 votes

360 replies to this topic

themarkoface

themarkoface

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate

Mark . I have some ideas for your next version of the ROM.

- OTA Updates

- Adrenaline Engine / Beats Audio / Xloud (Audio Enhancements)

- Some unnecessary bloatware should be removed

- New boot animations

What do you think ? Do you will pick some ideas of mine ?

WiiSky70 :) unfortunately
- OTA Updates - Nope
- Adrenaline Engine / Beats Audio / Xloud (Audio Enhancements) - Nope
- Some unnecessary bloatware should be removed - define me which unnecessary bloatwares?
- New boot animations - give me an idea?

themarkoface

themarkoface

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
I would like from everyone to write me in my messenger (private messages), everything you don't like in my ROM, suggestions, ideas, everything you want, so I will read everything and try to make a ROM more approximate with your desires...

Thank you all!

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
Why it's OTA Updates integration so danm harder ? There's at least 2 good services that provides solutions to ROM's like OTA Update Center and UpdateME

It's easy @markoface just try to integrate those , just for user convenience :)

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

nimic

nimic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Devices:Skate , Szenio Syreni 50QHD

Why it's OTA Updates integration so danm harder ? There's at least 2 good services that provides solutions to ROM's like OTA Update Center and UpdateME

It's easy @markoface just try to integrate those , just for user convenience :)

Sorry for my Noob question but what does OTA update? what is this?

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Sorry for my Noob question but what does OTA update? what is this?

OTA Updates = FOTA (Firmware Over the Air) or OTA (Over the Air) updates are easier to costumers and users that consists on a firmware tool checker , that checks if there are any
updates on determinated servers that can be downloaded and installed (If they're available) .

I guess that would be much easier not for me and eventually for anyone that has a ROM to check and install updates . There are facilities / solutions for OTA Updates , which are tools available in the Play Store to integrate on custom ROM's like these one's :

UPDATEME > https://play.google....iusoft.UpdateMe

OTA Update Center > https://play.google....GF1cGRhdGVyIl0.

Update me Smartphone > https://play.google....WFydHBob25lIl0.

GooManager > https://play.google....21hbmFnZXIiXQ..

Omar korom

Omar korom

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Technologie , Internet , Sport
  • Devices:ZTE SKATE
  • Twitter:@korom
I will give it a try

Edited by Omar korom, 15 February 2013 - 10:46 AM.

nimic

nimic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
If you like the classic look , if you use current launcher ADW EX of this ROM, i have a suggestion to all of you, with these settings launcher uses only 6.5 mb of ram, and the smoothest , i modified settings of the launcher , more smooth and less memory usage , no lag download it here:

http://dfiles.eu/files/kfkdxoo3x

Edited by nimic, 23 February 2013 - 01:20 PM.

matkokubko05

matkokubko05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Nice ROM :) Good Job

Belgrade style

Belgrade style

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Note2, Zte Skate

If you like the classic look , if you use current launcher ADW EX of this ROM, i have a suggestion to all of you, with these settings launcher uses only 6.5 mb of ram, and the smoothest , 787 mhz works perfectly no need to overclock, so you can save battery , for this ROM, it's no need for overclock BECAUSE this rom is fully optimized for performance! , you don't got to care about this, set just 787 mhz max and smartassv2 , i got full performance with this , and battery is free, no big battery drain because processor and the display are the most drainers, i modified settings of the launcher , more smooth and less memory usage , no lag download it here: http://dfiles.eu/files/rqv71x2pb
Have a good day.

How many days is your battery life with this settings? How many conversations, messages, internet daily? And which apps?
And what to do with this your file to view that settings changes?

nimic

nimic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

How many days is your battery life with this settings? How many conversations, messages, internet daily? And which apps?
And what to do with this your file to view that settings changes?

Hello, its just a restore file, i only modified some settings of the launcher, AND THERE IS NO NEED FOR OVERCLOCK AND PERFORMANCE GOVERNOR , with only default clock 787 mhz at max and smartass v2 will work enough with this modified rom , at will save energy cuz overclock takes a little more energy and for this performant rom is no need for overclock, its about the same thing at the custom rom launcher ex settings just mofified some unused settings i guess can i say, put that file on your sdcard, go to adw and touch restore adw settings under backup and restore, for battery i recommend to : auto brightness, disable gps, use 2g network, i always use airplane mode because of wifi, disable auto sync in accounts&sync, and enable background data only when you using play store, after you close store, disable background data, under mobile networks , disable always on mobile data, under sound uncheck anything in feedback, and vibrate set to never, use no lock app to disable lockscreen, unlocking in lock screen dues vibrations that takes enough power, there are many settings that can you do for less battery usage, when you close a app, dont press the home button, press back button for 2/3 secs , leaving apps in backgroung are using ram memory and takes energy , always clean the cache of apps ETC., i am just a beginner i am not a coder, developer or something , thats all.

Edited by nimic, 18 February 2013 - 10:08 PM.

Belgrade style

Belgrade style

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

auto brightness, disable gps, use 2g network, i always use airplane mode because of wifi, disable auto sync in accounts&sync, and enable background data only when you using play store, after you close store, disable background data, under mobile networks , disable always on mobile data, under sound uncheck anything in feedback, and vibrate set to never, use no lock app to disable lockscreen, unlocking in lock screen dues vibrations that takes enough power, there are many settings that can you do for less battery usage, when you close a app, dont press the home button, press back button for 2/3 secs , leaving apps in backgroung are using ram memory and takes energy , always clean the cache of apps

Ok, +- you use phone like me :) Except overclocking and governor, i use performance and 940Mhz and i use wifi all day. Now, battery only lasts less than a single day. I install Next launcher so maybe the problem is in it. With 940mhz, smartAssV2, ADW launcher and wifi all day my battery lasts a little less than 2 days. I will go back to the ADW and try with the same settings to see if the problem is in the Next launcher but i doubt. I think that problem is in performanse governor.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

Ok, +- you use phone like me :) Except overclocking and governor, i use performance and 940Mhz and i use wifi all day. Now, battery only lasts less than a single day. I install Next launcher so maybe the problem is in it. With 940mhz, smartAssV2, ADW launcher and wifi all day my battery lasts a little less than 2 days. I will go back to the ADW and try with the same settings to see if the problem is in the Next launcher but i doubt. I think that problem is in performanse governor.

Definitely don't use the Performance governor. It basically locks your CPU to the maximum value, which drains your battery extremely quickly if you've set the max to something higher than default.

Edited by omegavesko, 18 February 2013 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

Belgrade style

Belgrade style

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I suppose that's the problem. I will back to the smartAssV2 now. Does one Launcher use more battery than other? With some theme pack... At example Next Launcher vs ADW. ADW is so simple and has become boring. I dont know does we lose on speed if we use other launcher than system ADW especially on this ROM?

@nimic, can you write what is your changes in this settings file?

EDIT: Is this the same app?

https://play.google.....launcher&hl=sr

http://www.androidfu...k-download.html

Edited by Belgrade style, 19 February 2013 - 12:19 AM.

nimic

nimic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
clear

Edited by nimic, 23 February 2013 - 01:14 PM.

Belgrade style

Belgrade style

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I want both :-) ... and good look and speed... when i search for pro version of adw ex i only find that version from my last post 1.3.3.8 Which version is better, this or older from market? I tried restore file that you posted and i like it, it' really fast. With my settings i have lags when i unlock the screen and when i fast move home screens. Whith your not...

themarkoface

themarkoface

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
Hello, I would like to comment on your conversation.

I told you in Settings Guide to set you processor on Governor Performance to show you how fast this mobile can be (on Benchmark test for example) and that doesn't mean that you have to set mobile on that speed all time...
You can use my ROM on speed at 787 MHz without lagging and with governor SmartassV2. And you will have a good scrolling smooth for sure. Try it freely on any speed you want...
About battery , the Nimic is absolutely right. Every process in phone consumes battery. Our mobiles does not have strong enough battery so if you really want to keep battery unplugged more than one day, you have to take care about processes and activities in your phone. That was my idea too, and many many things are solved and set as disabled by default to keep more free memory and to save more battery life.
If you want good battery life and better performances try to keep off (when you are not using it) next things:
WiFi, Data mobile, Synch, GPS, Vibration, Auto Brightness (if this is ON, proximity sensor works all time), and every other things that are active in RAM memory.
And when we are talking about launchers, ADW EX is the best (requires the least memory) shows very good performances, it's is made very simple and it is modded for Full Screen mode, occupies very little of ROM memory....
And many people ask me to insert any task manager in my ROM as default.
You can use them, but be sure that they are working all time in background data cause they have to check every process in phone and show you every active process, so they make our phones slower and ... that is the point.
So this is a short advice how to save more battery life, and to understand how it works, and if you install something try to set it to not be like active background APP. Use only programs that works when you want to start them...

Thanks

Edited by themarkoface, 19 February 2013 - 09:47 AM.

nimic

nimic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
clear

Edited by nimic, 23 February 2013 - 01:15 PM.

nimic

nimic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
I also strongly Recommend a app for every day use : AdjBrightness, free in the store, with this you can modify brightness level , AND YOU CAN DISABLE BUTTON BACKLIGHTS, that can be a big tip to save battery ,i always set brightness with this at 50, it's a lower level of brightness and with disabled button lights, perfect for long life of battery. Make your choice.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Hello, I would like to comment on your conversation.

I told you in Settings Guide to set you processor on Governor Performance to show you how fast this mobile can be (on Benchmark test for example) and that doesn't mean that you have to set mobile on that speed all time...
You can use my ROM on speed at 787 MHz without lagging and with governor SmartassV2. And you will have a good scrolling smooth for sure. Try it freely on any speed you want...
About battery , the Nimic is absolutely right. Every process in phone consumes battery. Our mobiles does not have strong enough battery so if you really want to keep battery unplugged more than one day, you have to take care about processes and activities in your phone. That was my idea too, and many many things are solved and set as disabled by default to keep more free memory and to save more battery life.
If you want good battery life and better performances try to keep off (when you are not using it) next things:
WiFi, Data mobile, Synch, GPS, Vibration, Auto Brightness (if this is ON, proximity sensor works all time), and every other things that are active in RAM memory.
And when we are talking about launchers, ADW EX is the best (requires the least memory) shows very good performances, it's is made very simple and it is modded for Full Screen mode, occupies very little of ROM memory....
And many people ask me to insert any task manager in my ROM as default.
You can use them, but be sure that they are working all time in background data cause they have to check every process in phone and show you every active process, so they make our phones slower and ... that is the point.
So this is a short advice how to save more battery life, and to understand how it works, and if you install something try to set it to not be like active background APP. Use only programs that works when you want to start them...

Thanks

You forgot my recomendations . Well ....

Belgrade style

Belgrade style

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Thanks, for better app drawer scrolling in drawer background set black , it will not show the desktop wallpaper just black and you will feel better, about version, use the 1.3.3.8 what you finded, dont care use the newer version.
There's the restore file for new ADW.Launcher EX 1.3.3.8 and newer modified by me :

http://www.fileshare.ro/e29291558

Extract this to sdcard and go to adw settings and tap backup/restore and restore this, after go to System/Restart ADW.
Try this, if you don't like the drawer you can modify in adw settings ( this restore file is for the new adw/ex version 1.3.3.8)

Can you put this file on other server?

And for my knowledge, what you set for those fast home screen transitions? You set that in your settings backup for older AWD.

Thanks to all for their answers :)

Edited by Belgrade style, 19 February 2013 - 07:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users