Battery life?

Guest andysalmon

Guest andysalmon

Hi All,

I've had my N4 for 48 hrs now. I'm thinking the battery life is atrocious!

My 4 month old Galaxy S2 lasts for at least 48 hrs but the N4 struggles to last a day (16-18 hrs) with very light use. It's set up exactly the same as the S2, with NFC off and the same apps running. Nothing unusual is showing in the battery monitor.

Has anyone else experienced poor battery life or has any suggestions?

Guest The Soup Thief

Yup - battery life isn't the best by any stretch

Franco Kernel helps and I could almost swear I'm getting better efficiency with custom firmware (which I didn't really want to have to resort to TBH, this being a Nexus and all) but even with such measures, this one thirsty meatball!

I can get a day and a bit comfortably with reasonable use (a few calls, a bit of web, a bit of reading the paper), however gaming absolutely hammers it. Conversely, leave it in my pocket and there doesn't seem to be a lot of leakage (ooer) power drain

Hope Google dish up another update soon with better power management and fixing the bluetooth problems

Mileage may improve after a few charge / discharge cycles (you can always dream)

Also I have lots of AutomateIt rules, switching off 3g & Bluetooth whenever possible to save what juice I can, but I kinda feel this oughtn't be so necessary, this being a fancy pants Nexus and all...

Guest paulpoco

I switched to Franco kernel v53 last night, getting better battery already. In Beyondpod I had it set to share with the Android Music Player, I unticked that option. I think that is why Mediaserver used so much of the battery today.

post-1004881-13590746039112_thumb.jpg

Edited by paulpoco

Guest Sonny Atwal

im using paranoid android and my battery life has tripled, gone from 10 hrs to over 24hrs no problem.

it also has a pie pop up menu feature, meaning i can remove the top notification/status bar and the bottom menu bar, meaning my screen space has increased by a lot. also reduces any chance of "burn in", etc.

i definitely recommend PA rom to sort out all your issues and make the phone look a lot nicer, best rom out there, or you can make the menu bars smaller by going into phablet or tablet mode if you do not want them to dissappear altogether

Guest paulpoco

I got about 6hrs Friday listening to podcasts for almost 6hrs using Bluetooth stereo headsets. I wonder if Bluetooth 4.0 headsets would help?

post-1004881-13592433398789_thumb.jpg

Edited by paulpoco

Guest Jub Fequois

I'm also using Franco's kernel. With it, I have to charge my phone every three to four days. Granted, I'm at home a lot so I don't always use the phone and I don't play games on it, but still, having come from an iPhone 4S I find the battery life amazing.

• 4 months later...
Guest RZRV8

Wait for a week. Cyanogenmod RC5 + franco latest nightly or M3 (its coming soon) battery life on heavy usage (4+ hours screen being 'on') will give you 8~ hours.

• 2 weeks later...