Default Messaging App, Lockscreen.

Guest ColdEmbrace

Guest ColdEmbrace

Hello fellow SD owners having a minor issue.

The default orange lock screen is wonderful in my opinion. When I click on the notification for text messages if it is a single text then this launches Go SMS my default messaging app. The issue is if I have multiple text messages the lock screen launches to the default orange messaging app. Is there any way that I can change this?

I have tried clearing default settings on both the orange app and the Go SMS then reselecting them from the lock screen but there doesn't seem to be an option for multiple messages. Please let me know if you have any idea.

Guest BlueMoonRising

If you're rooted have you tried disabling the Orange app, if that doesn't work maybe try deleting it entirely?

Lol, Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, I hate the Orange lock screen.

Guest ColdEmbrace

If you're rooted have you tried disabling the Orange app, if that doesn't work maybe try deleting it entirely?

Lol, Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, I hate the Orange lock screen.

I think that's a tad more hastle than I like just incase it breaks things not that I couldn't fix it, guess I would have to put up with it.

Unless there is a widget that will show text messages, calls and such like the orange lockscreen does. I already have widget locker so I can replace my lockscreen

Guest ColdEmbrace

No i want it exactly the same aha, I have an app that tells me when I have texts/email/whatapp messages and how many.

But I want the display to show notifications like the iPhone doesn where it shows me the sender and part of the message then gives me the ability to jump straight to the message to respond. Maybe i'm just being picky.

Guest i am not a hacker

Use handcent SMS with the popup option. The SMS will popup on the screen and allow you to rely using the popup or click on the text to open the message.

Guest BlueMoonRising

No i want it exactly the same aha, I have an app that tells me when I have texts/email/whatapp messages and how many.

But I want the display to show notifications like the iPhone doesn where it shows me the sender and part of the message then gives me the ability to jump straight to the message to respond. Maybe i'm just being picky.

Not at all. lol. Isn't that why we run Android in the first place, so we can set the phone up to suit us rather than, say, Apple?

Guest ColdEmbrace

Not at all. lol. Isn't that why we run Android in the first place, so we can set the phone up to suit us rather than, say, Apple?

This is very true, hate being locked into one display.

With handcent SMS you can view and reply from the lockscreen with the popup.

My Go SMS popup displays over my lockscreen what i'm trying to say is i want it on my lockscreen as in a lockscreen widget that shows notifications for text messages i dont want to change my text message app.

Guest ColdEmbrace

Oh right, you could try widget locker

I need a widget to go on widget locker that does this lol. Did i forget to mention it in the post?

Edited by ColdEmbrace