Root Applications

Guest Cowgers123

Guest Cowgers123

I'm about to root my device ( I have however updated it 27mb). When I root my osd, can I have beats audio, luckpatcher and set cpu working?

Thanks

And can u give me a link to how to root

Y

Thanks

Guest BlueMoonRising

There is a DSP manager already on it is there not?(I seem to have deleted mine since I don't need it). Try it first.

Lucky Patcher is primarily used for cracking legal apps and blocking license verification so I doubt you will find any support for that on this website.

SetCPU i have no idea about but going of the above that would be a no.

Guest Cowgers123

What will happen if I try root with the 27mb ( Will it brick)

How do I downgrade ( do I root thru aio Tool but use the 27mb one instead of the lastest version?)

Thanks

Guest BlueMoonRising

To downgrade you(surprisingly enough) use the downgrade option. There's a clue in the name...

If you try to root with the patch then yes you can brick it, you certainly wont root since the patch specifically closes the exploit that root uses.

Guest Biohead

Install AIO tool,

Run AIO Tool Setup (There's a new shortcut on desktop),

Select whether you run 32bit or 64bit Windows,

Download Xolo ICS,

Exit Setup tool,

Install Intel Android driver and enable debugging on handset,

Open San Diego tool,

Follow prompts to get ADBD Insecure on your device,

Run Downgrade option.

Edited by Biohead

Guest Biohead

I've amended my post - for some reason I told you at the end to use fix brick rather than Downgrade... anyway...

What the 27mb update has done is changed the recovery and fast boot systems, and removed the root vulnerability. The only way to fix it is to get the OLD versions of fastboot and recovery back on the phone, which will then accept the older ICS file with the vulnerability.

All of what says it's old versions?

Guest Biohead

As long as you only follow the options, and don't start typing commands in without knowing what they do - you should be fine.

You have to be absolutely certain you have used the setup tool to download the XOLO ICS update first. Otherwise you'll tell the phone to start an update, with nothing to update it with - this is when semibricks happen.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Don't use the old versions of the tool, use the newest one. The Xolo ICS update.zip is the original release without the patch applied. It is 299MB in size and is downloadable from the setup tool or(I think it's still there) from the Xolo.in site.

Edit:- once you've got it copy it to the root of the phone.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Biohead

No! Have you even tried to use the AIO tool yet?!?!?!

Go to the AIO thread.

Download the latest tool and install it.

On the desktop are two new shortcuts... one for setup and one for the actual tool.

Run the setup, use that to download the Xolo ICS.

Close setup, and open the actual tool

Run the downgrade command.

I gave you a step by step right at the beginning of this thread... theres nothing more to it than that.