Charging Problem with new usb cable

Guest ruzfactor

Guest ruzfactor

I have bought two usb cables form ebay for G300 because my previous cable's (provided with the phone) lead was distorted a bit (works though). None of these usb cable charges the phone at the same rate as the original cable. The charging is very very slow and takes a lot of time to get a full charge. This why I bought a second cable thinking that first one was faulty. But both have very slow charging. Data transfer is fine with both. What is wrong with these cables?

Guest MrPuddington
I have bought two usb cables form ebay for G300 because my previous cable's (provided with the phone) lead was distorted a bit (works though). None of these usb cable charges the phone at the same rate as the original cable. The charging is very very slow and takes a lot of time to get a full charge. This why I bought a second cable thinking that first one was faulty. But both have very slow charging. Data transfer is fine with both. What is wrong with these cables?

This is a common issue - the HP TouchPad has the same problem. As far as I understand the micro-USB connector has 5 pins, 4 of which are used for USB, and one only for USB OTG. The included cable has a nonstandard wiring to indicate to the phone that it can charge faster than with standard speed (500mA). I think the included power supply generates 1A, and that's what the G300 will use with the included cable.

If somebody knows the exact pin layout or can recommend a cable that works, I would certainly be interested. So far I found one third party cable that also does fast charging, but all others hurt the charging speed.

Guest sssingletrack

The trick is to short the two data wires in the cable. However obviously it stops you being able to use it for data.

however, I'm sure this would be done already within the original charger. As that would make sense.

Use to work on the old blades though

Guest ruzfactor

thanks for the replies. It seems this is problem lot of people are facing. Is there any cable that is similar to the original cable's pin configuration?

• 5 months later...
Guest mnirun

Looking for 24AWG or 22AWG USB cable for faster charge speed compare to stock USB cable.

For more information why, read this blog -> How to choose a good USB data and charging cable for your mobile phone

You can easily check your cable by going to Settings -> About phone -> Status

Standard USB cable charging shown as "Charging (USB)"

Screenshot_2013-07-07-00-57-19.png

24 AWG USB cable charging shown as "Charging (AC)" which charge your phone faster.

Screenshot_2013-07-07-00-58-30.png

Edited by mnirun