23 replies to this topic

DaveSimonH

DaveSimonH

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel Idol S, Nook HD+
I believe the OSD can't use OTG usb for pen/thumb drives, just keyboards, mouse etc
But it wasn't a huge concern from me, after I rooted and then installed a 32GB microSD in the hidden slot.

gbjbasdw

gbjbasdw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Orange Sydney
David - are you saying that if you root an OSD you can use a microSD card which is inserted in the slot inside the device ? If so can you give us some idea of a) how difficult it is to physically open the phone b ) how difficult it is to root the phone. As I have never done this to ANY phone I'd be interested in knowing what is involved in doing it. Mine is running the stock Android ICS 4.0.4 from Orange.

Edited by gbjbasdw, 28 May 2013 - 04:46 PM.

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
If you search the forum you'll find what you need very easily. Use the search bar.
The AIO tool is very easy to use and it will enable to sd card slot, root it for you, and a lot more with a few clicks.
So yes it's easy to use an sd card slot.
As far as removing the back is concerned, it varies. If I had to estimate the time, it would be 10mins.

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

Thedarkphonetech

Thedarkphonetech

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
I took 2 mins

DaveSimonH

DaveSimonH

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:Alcatel Idol S, Nook HD+
As the two members above said, it's relatively easy to do if you use the AIO tool and read its manual. However if you've installed the 12MB update I think you have to install xolo first. Either way you should head to the AIO thread and start reading.

If rooting works out, then getting the back off isn't too hard. Most people say to start at the sim card slot with a credit card and gently start prying it off, however I've had more luck starting at the little gap at the headphone jack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users