[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [Last updated: 28/04]
Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:52 PM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:15 PM
The change in Jelly Bean simply starts rendering the next frame based on the v-sync timing. The Android hardware composer communicates with the kernel to receive the v-sync event.
Edited by NikitoGR, 31 January 2013 - 07:15 PM.
Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:45 PM
I'm thinking abut to update my G300 from 2.3.6 to 4.2.1 but how is the camera/video quality? Is the video resulution still 800x480? And what about the pictures? ( because mine making bad photos)
If someone has samples please mail for me email@example.com photos and video samples are welcome! THX
Sorry for my bad english!
Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:45 PM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:51 PM
I'm really grateful for the efforts people have put in to create this - in effect you've saved me lots of money by not needing to get a nexus 4 after Vodafone/Huawei put out terrible software for the phone.
In this 4.2.1 ROM I'm loving:
- Smooth interface
- Really nice swype-like keyboard - it works amazingly well!
- Totally no more problems with the browser .. no crashes like I used to get with previous ROMs
- Indicator LED seems to work - I've never learned the colorr codes but it signals when it needs attention like low battery, new email, etc
- Previously I had problem with the gapps provided calendar and a version on the play store - needed to install the one from play store and disable the local one... not sure why... but not a problem anymore
- the google cards thing is fun - and over time gets more accurate - great! not sure if google-now is the same or different.
- voice calls have extremely distorted sound - i have enabled "reduce noise" in the setting but to no effect, volume rocker appears to have no effect, neither does switching between normal and speakerphone
- battery life seems definitely to be lower - not sure of its an aging battery or the ROM, I'm not doing anything different in terms of usage, not have any new apps, so comparison seems valid with only the ROM as changing parameter
- I'm noticing that the radio is behaving differently - on my daily commute I'm very used the good and bad spots for edge, 3g, hspa reception .. and this ROMS seems to have areas where there is now "no reception" .. this is reliable I would say.. I do the journey day after day and I know the patterns on the previous ROMS and other phones.
- camera, google+ integration with immediate upload of photos
- wifi hotspot - previous ROMS didn't work, or worked with no security
I know this appears as an OTA update from the 4.1.2 ROM - but I'd recommend a full wipe and install with new gapps as per the first post of this thread.
Edited by psivision, 31 January 2013 - 08:55 PM.
Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:17 PM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:43 PM
Any of my devices cannot see the "AndroidAP" SSID on WiFi, and on Bluetooth they can pair with my G300 but they cannot obtain IP address.
Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:59 PM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:01 PM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:10 PM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:11 PM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:13 PM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:24 PM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:39 PM
Does any one has same problem?
Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:40 PM
Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:59 PM
For what it's worth I just played around with my wifi hotspot and no matter what I did (change SSID, try different security including open etc.) I could not see it from multiple devices (Android tablet, CM9 phone, XP laptop). I also tried InSSIDer (Wifi scanner for Windows) and nothing. And just to double check I configured the CM9 phone for wifi hotspot and could see that with all devices.
Anyway just thought I'd mention my experiments in case they are of any use in terms of identifying the underlying problem... Not just to repeat that wifi hotspot seems to be a problem...
Edited by dalyer, 01 February 2013 - 12:01 AM.
Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:33 AM
Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:33 AM
18 user(s) are reading this topic
7 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users
garricic, tiagotftf, djuroue, Dazzozo, theShire, popoyaya, dakok