I've been using this ROM since it came out - updated by wipe and install - on my UK vodafone store unlocked g300 u8815.
I'm really grateful for the efforts people have put in to create this - in effect you've saved me lots of money by not needing to get a nexus 4 after Vodafone/Huawei put out terrible software for the phone.
In this 4.2.1 ROM I'm loving:
- Smooth interface
- Really nice swype-like keyboard - it works amazingly well!
- Totally no more problems with the browser .. no crashes like I used to get with previous ROMs
- Indicator LED seems to work - I've never learned the colorr codes but it signals when it needs attention like low battery, new email, etc
- Previously I had problem with the gapps provided calendar and a version on the play store - needed to install the one from play store and disable the local one... not sure why... but not a problem anymore
- the google cards thing is fun - and over time gets more accurate - great! not sure if google-now is the same or different.
What isn't so great for me personally is:
- voice calls have extremely distorted sound - i have enabled "reduce noise" in the setting but to no effect, volume rocker appears to have no effect, neither does switching between normal and speakerphone
- battery life seems definitely to be lower - not sure of its an aging battery or the ROM, I'm not doing anything different in terms of usage, not have any new apps, so comparison seems valid with only the ROM as changing parameter
- I'm noticing that the radio is behaving differently - on my daily commute I'm very used the good and bad spots for edge, 3g, hspa reception .. and this ROMS seems to have areas where there is now "no reception" .. this is reliable I would say.. I do the journey day after day and I know the patterns on the previous ROMS and other phones.
I haven't tried the following which others seem to care about:
- camera, google+ integration with immediate upload of photos
- wifi hotspot - previous ROMS didn't work, or worked with no security
Just reporting this in case it helps ... but again - thanks for a great job!
I know this appears as an OTA update from the 4.1.2 ROM - but I'd recommend a full wipe and install with new gapps as per the first post of this thread.
Edited by psivision, 31 January 2013 - 08:55 PM.