[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest SyrupDErable

that's good, for CM, but is it all that relevant to us? won't we still be downloading an unofficial port of the ROM, suited to the G300 -- in effect, downloading what we already have been? won't we still be waiting for "nightly" downloads, changes,, if any, in which we haven't been advised of for some time now?

Guest Pyntux

No, that's CM10 became stable, we have nothing to do, we do not care :P

The question is whether our unofficial version developed in nightly branch or will focus on the fundamental arrangement based on the stable release, that's real question...

I would like to see cm10.1 based on source stable release but resolved bugs, rather than chasing the nightly versions in each individual with g300 specific bugs...

Sorry for my english... :)

Guest jugoslav

jugoslav: I've same problem every time when I upgrade CM ROM. But you can just connect phone to the PC and turn on USB mass storage (wait to appear new 2 discs on PC), thereafter disconnect USB. You have to do this procedure twice. After that internal SD reappears.

OK, once more, last time.

when i install ROM, everything is OK.

then i do some settings, everything OK.

i install some apps from my PC, everything OK.

i start installing some apps from Google play, still everything OK.

when i install some Google play apps, suddenly i cannot see internal partition, nor i can copy files to it, maybe files are copied but i cannot see them in stock file explorer neither another file explorer

also till then i could see internal SD on my PC, now i cannot

i don't know why and when i happened, i spent 2 full days (48h) just to see when it happens, no conclusion.

no more time to spend on it, i,m gone to another ROM.

good luck

thanks for all replies

PS: maybe CM10.1.0 would not have this problem but I'm already on another ROM.

Edited by jugoslav

Guest jugoslav

have you done a Google Search for this problem?

I note it seems to be a problem frequently searched (automatic completion in search bar when started), including with CM10.1 on some phones:

https://www.google.c...iw=1025&bih=478

when i opened your link, almost all result links were marked as i read them before.

what to say.

no answer.

everything i found i explained but nothing helped.

thanks anyway

Guest jugoslav

jugoslav: I've same problem every time when I upgrade CM ROM. But you can just connect phone to the PC and turn on USB mass storage (wait to appear new 2 discs on PC), thereafter disconnect USB. You have to do this procedure twice. After that internal SD reappears.

THANKS A LOT

U R RIGHT

this also happened in AOKP ROM and only then i tried what u said

anyway its a bit strange that we need to do that to be able to get access to internal SD

THANKS

Guest SyrupDErable

You may need to do chkdsk or fsck to fix filesystem errors or reformat that file system(don't do the wrong one!)

TWO QUESTIONS -- FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE

(i) samjam -- before people "the wrong one" -- which is the RIGHT ONE??

(ii) jugoslav -- I NEVER try to "use" the "internal SD card" (though I realise some people try to -- my user-inserted SD card is big enough for me to not have to worry) -- I let the phone use that for "its" purposes, I certainly NEVER try to copy apps to it -- and the phone has NEVER reported any problems with it, but then again, it's never seemed tobe missing either

-- are you using the internal SD card the "right" way???

I distinguish between the internal SD card, that's part of the phone hardware, and the user-inserted SD card

I have been having occasional problems of losing mobile signal and the operator search function not working without a reboot - even with 2g only ticked.

I have found that if i remove the 'mobile data' tile from the dropdown quicksettings panel i dont get the problem (system/quick settings panel/tiles and layout )

Getting a bootloader unlock code from huawei is seeming to take me forever ,so until then this 'fix' will have to do,and might help someone out if their phone is doing the same ?

Guest SyrupDErable

I have been having occasional problems of losing mobile signal and the operator search function not working without a reboot - even with 2g only ticked.

I have found that if i remove the 'mobile data' tile from the dropdown quicksettings panel i dont get the problem (system/quick settings panel/tiles and layout )

Getting a bootloader unlock code from huawei is seeming to take me forever ,so until then this 'fix' will have to do,and might help someone out if their phone is doing the same ?

you could always buy one from a third party -- that's seemed to work for me -- there's an app on Play Store you can get

Yesterday I finally unlocked the bootloader and installed the latest nightly build.

I have the same problem with the camera as described here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/358066-camera-features-doesnt-work-in-3rd-party-apps-on-ics-logcats-included/

None of the camera software works as it should including the stock JB camera.

I have now replaced the gallery2.apk from G510 because the white balance and exposure compensation only work in Huawei camera.

There will be a solution for this problem? Maybe if we use the camera drivers from G510?

Guest Dazzozo

About the stable release - I would release equivalent stable builds, but as the device itself isn't stable there's not much point doing that yet. Things are being worked on though.

Guest SyrupDErable

That's good anwser, thanks Dazzozo....

that's a BAD answer, Dazz!

the device is being "remaindered" -- sold VERY cheaply -- around the world

I think it's clear that there will be no updates to the ICS ROM from Huawei, and what else is there not to be stable ?

also, it's been FAR surpassed by Huawei's latest devices

it's plastic, and given time, it'll degrade due to atmospheric factors etc etc etc -- so it'll NEVER be "stable" BUT ...

so, in effect, this topic thread should be closed -- except for many of those posting recently who are having problems, mostly because they haven't done their "homework"

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest Dazzozo

that's a BAD answer, Dazz!

the device is being "remaindered" -- sold VERY cheaply -- around the world

I think it's clear that there will be no updates to the ICS ROM from Huawei, and what else is there not to be stable ?

also, it's been FAR surpassed by Huawei's latest devices

it's plastic, and given time, it'll degrade due to atmospheric factors etc etc etc -- so it'll NEVER be "stable" BUT ...

no

I was fairly obviously referring to software stability.

so, in effect, this topic thread should be closed -- except for many of those posting recently who are having problems, mostly because they haven't done their "homework"

What makes this any different to any other ROM thread? Forums are terrible for ROMs anyway.

Guest SyrupDErable

no

I was fairly obviously referring to software stability.

and I was fairly obviously referring to many of the recent posts reporting so-called "problems": which seem to do with how wrongly people are using their smartphones -- the phones may be smart but some people are stupid

Guest Dazzozo

and I was fairly obviously referring to many of the recent posts reporting so-called "problems": which seem to do with how wrongly people are using their smartphones -- the phones may be smart but some people are stupid

No you weren't! You introduced some weird crap about atmospheric effects...

I don't know what you're complaining about. It seems to be absolutely nothing.

Guest SyrupDErable

No you weren't! You introduced some weird crap about atmospheric effects...

I don't know what you're complaining about. It seems to be absolutely nothing.

I am complaining about absolutely nothing -- it's a great ROM, Daz, thanks, again,

but I don't think people should look to any further ROM upgrades due to "instability" in the phone, or its software

after all, there have been no "reported" changes in the software mentioned in changelogs

-- missing for at least a couple of weeks now

Guest Dazzozo

I am complaining about absolutely nothing -- it's a great ROM, Daz, thanks, again,

but I don't think people should look to any further ROM upgrades due to "instability" in the phone, or its software

after all, there have been no "reported" changes in the software mentioned in changelogs

-- missing for at least a couple of weeks now

The changelogs are still being generated and have been available on Jenkins. I just fixed the GetCM changelogs, they broke as I forgot to fix them after I wiped my server.

No one's missing out on there being no "stable" build. All the same CM changes/features are in the nightlies. There is no point badging a build as "stable" when the device still has unresolved bugs.

Guest SyrupDErable

The changelogs are still being generated and have been available on Jenkins. I just fixed the GetCM changelogs, they broke as I forgot to fix them after I wiped my server.

No one's missing out on there being no "stable" build. All the same CM changes/features are in the nightlies. There is no point badging a build as "stable" when the device still has unresolved bugs.

haven't checked the 'changes", but I'm trusting you that they're now fixed, but my phone is still reporting no changelog for June 26, ? the latest nightly

how can one expect "stable" on an officially supported port -- some other people might appreciate (since it's a frequenly, and recently asked question): What outstanding bugs are there?

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest HappyCerberus

Has anyone got this weird behaviour when the phone becomes incredibly unresponsive? This seems to be repeating occurrence with some apps.

I have been reading similar reports from other devices, and they pointed to issues with SSD TRIM not being turned on, but the utilities they recommended don't seem to work with this ROM.

Any ideas?

Guest Pain_Deluxe

when you want a stable 4.2.2 get an n4.

In my opinion is this rom stable for every day.

Everything works!!only game performance is not good but works without problems.....

daz does a great job.

For the bootloader 3G related reboots he cant do anything.because its not the cm faults.

Sent from my G300 with CM9.1 nightly

Guest jugoslav

TWO QUESTIONS -- FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE

(i) samjam -- before people "the wrong one" -- which is the RIGHT ONE??

(ii) jugoslav -- I NEVER try to "use" the "internal SD card" (though I realise some people try to -- my user-inserted SD card is big enough for me to not have to worry) -- I let the phone use that for "its" purposes, I certainly NEVER try to copy apps to it -- and the phone has NEVER reported any problems with it, but then again, it's never seemed tobe missing either

-- are you using the internal SD card the "right" way???

I distinguish between the internal SD card, that's part of the phone hardware, and the user-inserted SD card

its not the question whether u use it or not, just if it is in the phone y cannot i access it.

on the other hand y not to use it.

if u have 2 cars in the garage, u will use only one, the better one, the bigger one????????