thanks! dazzozo.

mngt13

mngt13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:G300
Good day

Does someone have a Huawei Weather Widget (Totem Weather) so we could install it in this ROM?
I have the APK but the widget always gives an error.

Thanks in advance.

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Huaweii U8815

Good day

Does someone have a Huawei Weather Widget (Totem Weather) so we could install it in this ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Is this a developer's question, or an individual user's question? There are a variety of "weather widgets" , or weather apps available for download, but just to remind you that someone like AccuWeather -- who has "bought in" third parties to be installed on Huawei (on my previously unrooted phones' "stock ROMs") might require some payment for the weather information provided, heh?

and individual users can access APKs elsewhere that can be installed, rightly or wrongly, that work well, but might not be able to be updated to the latest versions without payment being made.

mngt13

mngt13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Is this a developer's question, or an individual user's question? There are a variety of "weather widgets" , or weather apps available for download, but just to remind you that someone like AccuWeather -- who has "bought in" third parties to be installed on Huawei (on my previously unrooted phones' "stock ROMs") might require some payment for the weather information provided, heh?

and individual users can access APKs elsewhere that can be installed, rightly or wrongly, that work well, but might not be able to be updated to the latest versions without payment being made.

This is an individual user, yes there is other apps but I like the Huawei one best. Thanks for info.

Ironandroid

Ironandroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:motog e s3

I dont have idea what is wrong but I give u another link

http://db.tt/98I8ANeI
Allbackup for CM10.1 (JellyBean)

Just install from CWM no need wipe cache

Thanks. This time I could dl it.

loirinho360

loirinho360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300
my email dont work any more. no email and gmail aplic. i try to open and then close -.-

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

This is an individual user, yes there is other apps but I like the Huawei one best. Thanks for info.

I contacted Huawei directly and they said they couldn't help me, that they had paid a third party to develop it -- pity, as I liked the previous widget, too.

I've done a search and there seem to be a number of "sources" for the "Totem widget" -- though I'm not sure it's the same one, I've never seen it, but personally I find the GO Weather app "better looking", and relatively good value to buy (though it's the most expensive -- 4x the cost of the one from AccuWeather, that I also bought (that one might still be on sale) . The AccuWeather one MIGHT be good, though it's tailored to suit North America, it seems, and it isn't much good for me in New Zealand -- it also didn't seem to work too well on my phone compared to the one from GO Weather -- version 3.9 is current, but other sources have 3.7 easily available) --- all a matter of "horses for courses" -- in my "course" downunder, I need a different horse to AccuWeather, but it's also rated highly, by those in the US, I suppose.

mngt13

mngt13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I contacted Huawei directly and they said they couldn't help me, that they had paid a third party to develop it -- pity, as I liked the previous widget, too.

I've done a search and there seem to be a number of "sources" for the "Totem widget" -- though I'm not sure it's the same one, I've never seen it, but personally I find the GO Weather app "better looking", and relatively good value to buy (though it's the most expensive -- 4x the cost of the one from AccuWeather, that I also bought (that one might still be on sale) . The AccuWeather one MIGHT be good, though it's tailored to suit North America, it seems, and it isn't much good for me in New Zealand -- it also didn't seem to work too well on my phone compared to the one from GO Weather -- version 3.9 is current, but other sources have 3.7 easily available) --- all a matter of "horses for courses" -- in my "course" downunder, I need a different horse to AccuWeather, but it's also rated highly, by those in the US, I suppose.

Thank You I´l give GO Weather a try.

timalanjohnson

timalanjohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Greetings,

Sometimes the phone won't boot. Just thought it might be useful to spread that knowledge.

Lusitanius

Lusitanius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Greetings,

Sometimes the phone won't boot. Just thought it might be useful to spread that knowledge.

Maybe you do not press the power button enough time. One thing I noticed is that with this ROM I have to press the power button a long time before the phone turns on. This did not happened with stock ICS ROM.

netmanmac

netmanmac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 U8815-51
  • Twitter:@netmanmac

my email dont work any more. no email and gmail aplic. i try to open and then close -.-

just go to SETTINGS - APLICATIONS- and CLIK GMAIL erase data.

It´s a possible solution.

regards,

Sorry for my english is not my native language

Wellus

Wellus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 Ascend
hello, any suggestion on authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful while using mobile data? or does mobile internet not work with cm10.1?

EDIT:i like how this jelly bean works, thanks for all your work, but what about that question before? and gps seems not to be working? if they are not working when can i expect at least mobile data? or should i get other cm?

Edited by Wellus, 12 April 2013 - 08:29 PM.

wbrambley

wbrambley

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:u8815, u8185, u8951

hello, any suggestion on authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful while using mobile data? or does mobile internet not work with cm10.1?

EDIT:i like how this jelly bean works, thanks for all your work, but what about that question before? and gps seems not to be working? if they are not working when can i expect at least mobile data? or should i get other cm?

Try putting this in build.prop;

DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1
mobiledata.interfaces=rmnet0,lo

My GPS works fine.

Wellus

Wellus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
which app should i use to edit that file, i remember i saw one(was it app or something other i don't remember), but can't remember the name of it

EDIT: ok i edited the file but still websites does not load

EDIT: GPS seems to be working, i was a just dumb, icon in status bar shows up when i turn on maps, so the only problem left is mobile data internet

EDIT: on phone info where you can run ping test and similar stuff, it looks like dns is not working... it pings google but he can't find IP of google... it can't reach IP

Edited by Wellus, 12 April 2013 - 10:46 PM.

wbrambley

wbrambley

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:u8815, u8185, u8951

which app should i use to edit that file, i remember i saw one(was it app or something other i don't remember), but can't remember the name of it

EDIT: ok i edited the file but still websites does not load

EDIT: GPS seems to be working, i was a just dumb, icon in status bar shows up when i turn on maps, so the only problem left is mobile data internet

EDIT: on phone info where you can run ping test and similar stuff, it looks like dns is not working... it pings google but he can't find IP of google...

Odd. No idea then. Have you installed any tweaking apps, is the network APN set correctly?

Redflake

Redflake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Good day

Thanks in advance.

Try fancy widget, beautiful widgets or hd widget. All available from play store.

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Try fancy widget, beautiful widgets or hd widget. All available from play store.

the last couple of dozen posts to this thread, such as this one (including some of my own, I'm sorry to say) demonstrate that this discussion thread is dead -- it's supposed to be about the CM10.1 ROM -- and the moderators are not monitoring posts -- many of the more recent posts should be moved to a different thread / area, as people are NOT asking questions about the ROM; and are not checking their difficulties on other devices / ROMs before posting -- elsewhere, but not here, they're likely to get the answers they want.and instead are "muddying the waters" as the problems they are posting about are NOT to do with the ROM

scdswd

scdswd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Bug report: ext4 formatted SD card causes android.process.media termination. Always in gallery and photograph, randomly elsewhere.

samjam

samjam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Bug report: ext4 formatted SD card causes android.process.media termination. Always in gallery and photograph, randomly elsewhere.

Unlike FAT, ext4 enforces user id based file system permissions. I think such file systems will not work for SD.

Wellus

Wellus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Odd. No idea then. Have you installed any tweaking apps, is the network APN set correctly?

just installed rom no tweaks, about network well it automatically chose my carrier, so everything should be fine, but it is not...

EDIT: everything works fine, phone autoconfiged APN and carrier changed the guide how to make internet work for newer version of android, so now i have it, thanks :)

Edited by Wellus, 13 April 2013 - 11:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users