SyrupDErable

SyrupDErable

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GS III, Huawei G300

Yes :)

There could potentially be a large number of reasons for this, but I haven't seen this referred to here before, but that doesn't mean it has NOT been experienced before.

Have you searched this topic already, on this site?

What tests have you done already?

Is it happening with ALL messages you try to send, both SMS and MMS?
to ALL people in all locations? for how long has this been a problem?
When could you last successfully send a message?
Can you RECEIVE messages?

What tests could you do -- do you have a second device, with the same or a different ROM to test this?

Edited by SyrupDErable, 23 May 2013 - 07:41 AM.

SyrupDErable

SyrupDErable

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Yes :)

Your cell network service provider will suggest among the followiing: Make sure these check out OK first:
  • No network coverage.
  • Phone not connecting to the network properly.
  • Not enough credit.
  • Overloaded network.
  • Phone software fault.
  • Full in or sent mailbox.
If you’re having problems sending or receiving texts please check the following:
  • Your phone has network coverage.
  • Your sent items and received boxes aren’t full.
  • You have enough credit.
Start by rebooting your phone (turn it off for 1 minute). This normally reconnects your phone to the network.
Check your SMSC (Service Centre) number is +64220227672 (on most non-smartphones you'll find this in Message Settings under Message Centre, or if you have a smartphone dial *#*#4636#*#* then:
  • Click on Phone Information.
  • Scroll down to SMSC: and click on Refresh a
  • Turn the phone off then on and try again.
  • If you are still can’t send or receive you may have a corrupt message and need to delete some or all of your texts.

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:G300, Alcatel Idol 6030X
Just installed latest nightly 23.05 and I can only say that this is for now very best JB rom for our phone...Beside that, I'm using this rom because can be used on any network, because (I think, I read about that on serbia android forum) this rom does not read SN good...but I think thats no big problem :)

SyrupDErable

SyrupDErable

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Your cell network service provider will suggest among the followiing: Make sure these check out OK first:

• No network coverage.
  • Phone not connecting to the network properly.
  • Not enough credit.
  • Overloaded network.
  • Phone software fault.
  • Full in or sent mailbox.
If you’re having problems sending or receiving texts please check the following:
  • Your phone has network coverage.
  • Your sent items and received boxes aren’t full.
  • You have enough credit.
Start by rebooting your phone (turn it off for 1 minute). This normally reconnects your phone to the network.
Check your SMSC (Service Centre) number is +64220227672 (on most non-smartphones you'll find this in Message Settings under Message Centre, or if you have a smartphone dial *#*#4636#*#* then:
  • Click on Phone Information.
  • Scroll down to SMSC: and click on Refresh a
  • Turn the phone off then on and try again.
  • If you are still can’t send or receive you may have a corrupt message and need to delete some or all of your texts.

IGNORE THAT +64 NUMBER -- copied from my network provider -- will be different from yours, but you should get the idea

intensedarkness

intensedarkness

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:G300, Y300, Desire, Nexus 4
Updated:

R4 issues:

• Bluetooth MAC address is wrong under the 109808 baseband (OP)
  • Random Bluetooth oddities, sometimes screws around when turning it off (OP)
  • No overclocking on 109808 yet (OP)
  • Hardware accelerated video decoding: OpenMax is not fully operational, though most applications decode video perfectly fine.
    • Working: BBC iPlayer, BBC Media Player, Stock video player, Gallery, MX player (SW, HW only), and others. Issues with TVCatchup app, but you can use android.tvcatchup.com on HQ/LQ with MX player S/W decoder perfectly fine.
  • Camera shutter lag: Use third party app/reduce photo resolution if unbearable
  • Call volume issue: Minimum call volume is too high - the minimum call volume is similar to the maximum call volume of stock ROM. Maximum call volume in this ROM is also too high, exceeding the upper amplitude threshold of the call speaker range, at which point the call is distorted. It makes the ROM difficult to use as a daily where you will be in quiet situations while on the phone (trains, buses, shops, at work), as you get the sensation that the call is on loudspeaker. Normally the minimum call volume is expected to be close to inaudibly quiet, with noticable incremental increases in call volume per single step increase in call volume.
Issues above observed when flashing ROM and JB gapps after full wipe/factory reset, and system & cust partition unmount and format x2 (two times) with battery pulls inbetween, using the recommended CWM version (see OP), ie. reboot recovery, CWM factory reset, mounts and storage, format system, format cust. Battery pull, and then repeat. Then flash ROM and new gapps.

If you're having issues which others are not, it's worth trying this method first, escpecially with battery pulls between the two factory resets and system and cust partition formats. Remember to unmount before formatting these partitions. Careful, don't format SD or emmc.

Great work, sincere gratitude towards the dev. Keep up the good work, confident everything will be resolved in time.

(Click the green up arrow if it appers here :-) )

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:U8815N
I have the cm-10.1-20130520-NIGHTLY-u8815 rom installed. I have to flash the every nightly that is released? What are exactly the nightly releases and what are the differences between them and the R# releases?

How about posting antutu results? My overall score is 4324 and the 3D graphics are 1458. Is it ok? :D

intensedarkness

intensedarkness

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

I have the cm-10.1-20130520-NIGHTLY-u8815 rom installed. I have to flash the every nightly that is released? What are exactly the nightly releases and what are the differences between them and the R# releases?

How about posting antutu results? My overall score is 4324 and the 3D graphics are 1458. Is it ok? :D

You dont have to flash every nightly that is released. Only download and install where you feel the changelog has fixed something that annoyes you. Otherwise update once every other week.

Nightlies are builds which contain the changes made on that day.
Have you read the first few posts? The changes between the R# and the nightlies are mentioned there.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
You don't "have" to flash anything. :P

Nightlies are usually for people who like to be on the cutting edge, you can update whenever you want or not use CM10.1 at all if you like. :P

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

You're likely to get a quicker response from me on Twitter.

intensedarkness

intensedarkness

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
@ Dazzozo:
Seen the call volume description a couple of posts above?

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2126871

Thats with the 22.05.13 nightly. Let me know if you need more details.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • Devices:ZTE v987

I have to flash the every nightly that is released?

Silly question.
Of course you have to flash every nightly.
Not to mention daylies ;)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Octa-Core China Phone List Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

intensedarkness

intensedarkness

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

It is very ok :D

Owl93

Owl93

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G
  • Twitter:@O_0wl
Very nice work here dazzozo! Thank you!

I had my first loss of network signal today but happens a lot less frequently (maybe a reboot a day keeps this from happening who knows). Other than that perfect!

SyrupDErable

SyrupDErable

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Silly question.

aren't there also minutely updates that absolutely NEED to be flashed???

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Silly question.

Nahh, I don't have time for the daylies updates. I prefer the nightlies lol

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

You dont have to flash every nightly that is released. Only download and install where you feel the changelog has fixed something that annoyes you. Otherwise update once every other week.

Nightlies are builds which contain the changes made on that day.
Have you read the first few posts? The changes between the R# and the nightlies are mentioned there.

Lol what kind of question is this? Of course I'm looking at the OP. R# have changes too as the nightlies.

You don't "have" to flash anything. :P

Nightlies are usually for people who like to be on the cutting edge, you can update whenever you want or not use CM10.1 at all if you like. :P

Of course I like the 10.1. :) I can't stand the ICS any more, it looks so "noobish" :P :D

Thank you both of you for your answers. :)

Pyntux

Pyntux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Devices:G300, Alcatel Idol 6030X
Ouups...random reboot...with cm10.1 23.05... Just locked screen and phone rebooted... :(

peterck

peterck

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510-100
After a few weeks of testing this rom, everything works for me but can't receive any network services :(. Anyway this rom this the best one out there.

Worlon

Worlon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Ouups...random reboot...with cm10.1 23.05... Just locked screen and phone rebooted... :(

Did you OC the cpu?

gmotta

gmotta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I can't turn on Wifi, any idea why? Have the latest CM. It was working before i restored previous wifi settings with TitaniumBackup and rebooted. Not sure if related or not.

edit: the on/off button is greyed out

Edited by gmotta, 23 May 2013 - 05:23 PM.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

I can't turn on Wifi, any idea why? Have the latest CM. It was working before i restored previous wifi settings with TitaniumBackup and rebooted. Not sure if related or not.

edit: the on/off button is greyed out

If you restored from stock it probably won't work.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

You're likely to get a quicker response from me on Twitter.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users