[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest SyrupDErable

Just updated to the CWM 6.0.3.7

Can I update to 10.2 by OTA? Do I need to install the new version of Google Apps after updating to 10.2?

Thanks!

yes, to both questions, though not sure if you absolutely have to update Google Apps, though it's probably a good idea -- as I said, read the description of the changes, just so you'll have some idea what to expect -- I had problems with running Play after installing the OTA to 10.2 -- updated version in the new Google Apps -- this version of Google Apps not compatible with 4.2

Guest qwertyu123

yes, to both questions, though not sure if you absolutely have to update Google Apps, though it's probably a good idea -- as I said, read the description of the changes, just so you'll have some idea what to expect -- I had problems with running Play after installing the OTA to 10.2 -- updated version in the new Google Apps -- this version of Google Apps not compatible with 4.2

Thanks! Problems with play were solved after installing the new Google Apps?

Edited by qwertyu123

Guest SyrupDErable

Thanks! Problems with play were solved after installing the new Google Apps?

yep, rebooting caused Play to automatically recognise needed updates, which were installed as usual -- worth a try at least

so far as which is better, "which is better, Coke or Pepsi?" same question -- depends on what YOU like

you can easily check out the new features of the official Android site

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest acaalek

Hi to everyone, first thanks for this rom and the grate work.

I'm currently useing Dazzozo CM 10.1-20130829-nightly-u8815 and i'm having problem with google SystemUpdateService, wakelock detector shows it is keeping phone wake 100% of the time, but DisableService app form google shows it is disabled. One of the solutions is to disable google framework and it seem to be working. But is any other solution?

Thanks for your help.

Hi to everyone, first thanks for this rom and the grate work.

I'm currently useing Dazzozo CM 10.1-20130829-nightly-u8815 and i'm having problem with google SystemUpdateService, wakelock detector shows it is keeping phone wake 100% of the time, but DisableService app form google shows it is disabled. One of the solutions is to disable google framework and it seem to be working. But is any other solution?

Thanks for your help.

I don't have such a problem on latest nightly (20130906). Try to update to this version.

Guest fussyfella

installed 4.3 gaaps but still not working

Edit: wipe data and dalvik after install 4.3 gaaps and solved the problem :)

unless it's been changed recently?

the gapps posted for 4.3 shouldn't work on 4.2.2 -- there was a note about that posted with it

has it been changed?

and why would you want it -- it "loses" some nice things, like Local and Navigation for Maps

for which you'll need other apps if you need but don't have those

unless it's been changed recently?

the gapps posted for 4.3 shouldn't work on 4.2.2 -- there was a note about that posted with it

has it been changed?

and why would you want it -- it "loses" some nice things, like Local and Navigation for Maps

for which you'll need other apps if you need but don't have those

Everything is working

Guest fussyfella

Everything is working

when the cm10.2 gapps was first uploaded it came with the latest version of Maps, which simply doesn't have Navigation "in it" (it has navigation as an integral part of it, but not with the same functionality as the "separate" app had, the app you'd find in the app drawer) -- large amounts of internet traffic on the change earlier in the year

they must have gone back to the old version of Maps then

Edited by fussyfella

when the cm10.2 gapps was first uploaded it came with the latest version of Maps, which simply doesn't have Navigation "in it" (it has navigation as an integral part of it, but not with the same functionality as the "separate" app had, the app you'd find in the app drawer) -- large amounts of internet traffic on the change earlier in the year

they must have gone back to the old version of Maps then

Its up to you my friend update ROM if u want, if not stay on 4.2.2 version

Guest fussyfella

Its up to you my friend update ROM if u want, if not stay on 4.2.2 version

indeed, and I'm more than happy to stay on the 4.2.2 ROM

-- were your comments supposed to be on the list for the 4.3 ROM and not on this list????

Guest Razor3000

I have a problem but i don't now if it's rom's fault...

When i am using google Navigation the screen freaks out (a sort of tilts, i dont know how to describe) when i flip the phone.

If i lock the rotation and then open the navigation it all works well.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Guest george109

I have a problem but i don't now if it's rom's fault...

When i am using google Navigation the screen freaks out (a sort of tilts, i dont know how to describe) when i flip the phone.

If i lock the rotation and then open the navigation it all works well.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Do you mean that the orientation or the direction in which you are facing changes.

This is the compass.

Guest Razor3000

Do you mean that the orientation or the direction in which you are facing changes.

This is the compass.

I've used it again today and the issue did not happen this time...

Edited by Razor3000

Guest popoyaya

Why not? Or so I thought. But what's up with the keyboard? Surely 4.3 gapps can't cause this? No-one else getting this error on latest nightly?

Also noticed stock browser crashes instantly. And home button vibrates but does nothing.

[edit] flashed again without any gapps and keyboard, home button and browser now fine.

Gapps 4.3 seems a no-no.

Edited by popoyaya

Guest fussyfella

Why not? Or so I thought. But what's up with the keyboard? Surely 4.3 gapps can't cause this? No-one else getting this error on latest nightly?

Also noticed stock browser crashes instantly. And home button vibrates but does nothing.

[edit] flashed again without any gapps and keyboard, home button and browser now fine.

Gapps 4.3 seems a no-no.

I guess with all your posts, you've gotten to the stage where you don't read OTHER people's posts?

Guest popoyaya

I guess with all your posts, you've gotten to the stage where you don't read OTHER people's posts?

Hey Mr. Fussy :) If you have a look at Nefer84's post above he did say that with gapps 4.3 "Everything is working".

Moved one of my G300's over to this ROM about 5 days ago, installed the Huawei ICS camera (B952) (which can be installed without uninstalling the CM10.1 camera) and all is very good (with one exception) - everything is working well and performance/battery comparisions with my other G300 running Huawei B952 is on a par or better - awsome job and very much liking JG!

The one exception is with video, there appears to be no working hardware decoding so SW has to be used and this greatly effects both playback quality (jerky) and battery performance (was ~21% of battery per hour in ICS jumps to over 35% per hour in CM10.1). Given I've tried BSPlayer, MX & VPlayer, which claim to support JB & their hardware decoders crash, I thinking this is more a ROM issue than an App issue but could be wrong.

Has anyone else seen this? as I've found no other posts on the subject. Has anyone found a fix to the ROM or video player with hardware support that works?

Thanks.