Dellboy2012

Dellboy2012

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@Dellboy2012

3g, WiFi and gps on all day with great battery life. Are the problems reported due to weak 3g signal hunting again?

Dunno bout week signal but it drains it just by turning mobile data on. When on wifi , it is so stable that I sometimes think the battery icon is frozen.

http://db.tt/gNl6B5fI

Those flat lines are on WiFi.

Edited by Dellboy2012, 29 January 2013 - 10:39 PM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Not sure if jake460 was looking for the generic/original link2sd or the link2int mod but I guess that the latter will do?

Cyda's original links seem to still work but not sure if these too will disappear anon:

link2int install: http://www.solidfile...m/d/8fe9b93cb4/
link2int remove: http://www.solidfile...m/d/056e9e1f15/

Check the thread for comments on installing/using this - other than the original post!

http://www.modaco.co...125-delete-pls/

Hope this helps.

Edit: I've just seen kyan31's post above but since I'm posting Cyda's original file share links I presume that this is OK? If/when Cyda decides to invalidate these then so be it?

Edit 2: if link2int totally disappears then this thread (and a few others?) may be of interest as I think that link2int originated here or was inspired by this?

http://www.modaco.co...al-sd-as-extsd/

Cyda doesn't want anyone to use his work anymore, so just respect his wishes, or at least share them privately by PM or something :P

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

In my case 3g eats battery like crazy. With 3g off it lasts for ages, I might even say better than ever.

I'm still on CM10 (not 10.1) R1 and recently took to switching to 2G from 3G to avoid the "3G reboot" problem while on the move around town and my battery life is significantly better as a result. I know that 2G should use less battery than 3G but I am surprised at the difference. I don't know if this would be the case on any ROM (i.e. not CM10/10.1)?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Cyda doesn't want anyone to use his work anymore, so just respect his wishes, or at least share them privately by PM or something :P

Google found the download links that I posted. I guess that Cyda can invalidate them if he really wants to eradicate all traces of link2int...

babitzy

babitzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Twitter:@kingion
Unfortunately I cannot install apps, it says I'm out of space even if it's plenty on both SD Card and internal. Any ideas? Thanks for the great ROM.

kiano

kiano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, first of all, this rom is awsome!! Thanks for the hard work dazzozo. That said, just a question. Does this rom support multiple users?

zex_rad

zex_rad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 U8815
First let me say really god work... bravo for devs... Live long and prosper...
Now one thing that I have noticed.
I had a few times problem with my SD card. Apps installed on card not working, ES file explorer says no card or card not mounted BUT still showing used\free space. Also Settings>Storage showing Card present and showing used\free space BUT cannot unmount.
Still no big deal as after restart everything works just fine. Just wondering is it just me (because I was to lazy to do clean install,just did OTA) or is some one else experiencing same problem?
BTW I had same problem on CM10....

Never the less great ROM

Edited by zex_rad, 29 January 2013 - 11:29 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Unfortunately I cannot install apps, it says I'm out of space even if it's plenty on both SD Card and internal. Any ideas? Thanks for the great ROM.

Did you do a clean install with the relevant wipes etc. - e.g. as suggested here?

http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2081943

Mario_Cardoso

Mario_Cardoso

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia J
Well, I'm here to congratulate dazzozo. This rom is excellent!

- Battery is great, like in CM 9. Actually I think that's better!
- Slowdowns? Only in Camera.
- I have ALL the LED colours except green, without any 3rd app.
- Volume during calls for my are very good, because I'm a bit deaf.

I think it's all for now. Thank you!

torcato

torcato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300
:huh:

Edited by torcato, 30 January 2013 - 12:20 AM.

torcato

torcato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300
Boa noite Mário podes me explicar como resolveste o problema do som?

joandrade

joandrade

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Twitter:@0xJoao

Boa noite Mário podes me explicar como resolveste o problema do som?

If you're going to ask for a solution on the topic, ask it in english so other people can try it too.

And please keep the double posting to a minimum, it gets hard as it is going through countless reports of the same problems, by people who don't even care to read the whole topic or at least the first 4 or 5 pages, where almost everything has been reported.

If I helped you, hit the green rep button. :)

Igoritza

Igoritza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@Igoritza

R1 Issues:

• Bluetooth sleep is intentionally disabled - it causes crashes otherwise
  • Some new areas of the UI run a little slowly
  • Hardware accelerated video decoding: OpenMax is not fully operational, though most applications decode video perfectly fine.
    • Working: BBC iPlayer, BBC Media Player, Stock video player, Gallery, MX player (SW, HW only), and others. Issues with TVCatchup app.
  • Camera shutter lag: Use third party app/reduce photo resolution if unbearable
  • Higher than expected battery drain for first 80% of battery
  • SystemUI crashes when changing theme
  • Camera panoramic mode distortions
  • Stock camcorder videos have excessive bitrate: ~ 623kilobytes/sec, ~46 sec 640x480 video ~ 28MB.
  • Rare slow wakeup from sleep/system lag until kill recent apps
Issues above observed when flashing ROM and JB gapps after full wipe/factory reset, and system & cust partition unmount and format x2 (two times) with battery pulls inbetween, using the recommended CWM version (see OP), ie. reboot recovery, CWM factory reset, mounts and storage, format system, format cust. Battery pull, and then repeat. Then flash ROM and new gapps.

If you're having issues which others are not, it's worth trying this method first, escpecially with battery pulls between the three factory resets and system and cust formats. Remember to unmount before formatting these partitions. Careful, don't format SD or emmc.

Great work, sincere gratitude towards the dev. Keep up the good work, confident everything will be resolved in time.

(Note: Issues above simplified list, see bugtracker for detailed list: (coming up))

(Click the green up arrow if it appers here :-) )

should this be edited with -

Wifi tethering
alarm problem
LED colors

also .. ?

Im reading multiple themes for this ROM (serbian android forums) and I am really thinking is it worth installing. Could you say that this ROM is good for everyday use ?

Edited by Igoritza, 30 January 2013 - 03:16 AM.

jake460

jake460

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:HTC ONE, galaxy S2

Not sure if jake460 was looking for the generic/original link2sd or the link2int mod but I guess that the latter will do?

Cyda's original links seem to still work but not sure if these too will disappear anon:

link2int install: http://www.solidfile...m/d/8fe9b93cb4/
link2int remove: http://www.solidfile...m/d/056e9e1f15/

Check the thread for comments on installing/using this - other than the original post!

http://www.modaco.co...125-delete-pls/

Hope this helps.

Edit: I've just seen kyan31's post above but since I'm posting Cyda's original file share links I presume that this is OK? If/when Cyda decides to invalidate these then so be it?

Edit 2: if link2int totally disappears then this thread (and a few others?) may be of interest as I think that link2int originated here or was inspired by this?

http://www.modaco.co...al-sd-as-extsd/

thanks dalyer, just what i was looking for

wife's Galaxy S2, my HTC ONE- rom android revolution HD 12.1
galaxy tab 2 7-rom cm 10.1, ipad2 jailbroken, galaxy player 5.0- rom CM10.1

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Fantastic rom, except for one thing:
Last night, 17% battery drain during 7 hours sleep, this morning 20min wifi surfing - another 18% drain.
I know this is not something that gives final conclusions, due to various reasons, but it is significant.
Wifi on, GPS on, data off, bluetooth off, brightness ~30%, no apps except for Google Maps that used 1min of CPU.

Posted Image

Previous rom used 0-2% of battery during sleep, and 10-20% during one hour wifi surfing.

Ups!
Tried to turn it on (screen), during PC charge - only reaction comes from lights on soft buttons.
Previous actions were: one call sent and recieved and this screenshot taken - all during charge.
Have to pull battery :angry: (I hate this since this is my third battery pull, after flashing 9 roms)

Edited by dakok, 30 January 2013 - 09:09 AM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hoggonator

Hoggonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:G300

For those who want a nice camera, try this one from MIUI:

Posted Image

Do you have a link to this in the play store please, cannot find it for love nor money.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
Neither for love, nor for money, but for the link download for sure...
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B4huyVgvdssGdFozM3RlTWtqaTg/edit

Edited by dakok, 30 January 2013 - 07:40 AM.

logo-telekineza.png 

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Android

Fantastic rom, except for one thing:
Last night, 17% battery drain during 7 hours sleep, this morning 20min wifi surfing - another 18% drain.

I alsways have high battery drain on WiFi, even with a stock ROM. Are you sure the WiFi was on before installing the new ROM? Because there is an option to switch off WiFi if the display is off, and I would very much recommend it, unless you need WiFi.

Also in my experience battery drain during high use, especially with a weak battery, leads to very erratic battery readings. That seems to be a hardware problem.

But I agree: with WiFi and mobile data off, battery life is great, with either one on not so much.

Edited by MrPuddington, 30 January 2013 - 07:57 AM.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
On Baidu rom I had GPS, data, WIFI on all the time and consumption was ZILCH.
Actual use of those and automatic switching was perfect btw.
(for the first release - CM10.1 is absolutely fantastic)

logo-telekineza.png 

klodovik

klodovik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G 300
Finally install this ROM, i big confused with tick/untick USB debbuging mode...but i learn on hard way...

Ty 2 all for helping me....

This rom is excellent!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users