3410 replies to this topic

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

I've noticed that MP3 ringtones don't tend to loop when ringing. Anyone else seen this ? I only just spotted it after missing a call.
I can't see any options to allow looping but thought it worth a mention.

yeah found this also. Have a look here: http://www.modaco.co...m/#entry2066396

I think you'll find that only some of them don't loop. Someone offer to convert one of them for me, but I didn't want to put him out. So, I decided on the Agro Navis tone. It does loop. Hope this helps

try converting to a .ogg

I think I tried this too, but no joy.

gaijyn1981

gaijyn1981

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

I think you'll find that only some of them don't loop. Someone offer to convert one of them for me, but I didn't want to put him out. So, I decided on the Agro Navis tone. It does loop. Hope this helps

Maybe copy (with root explorer) into system/media/audio/ringtones (set permisions) and reboot?

Edited by gaijyn1981, 05 February 2013 - 01:58 PM.

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

Renaming an .mp3 to .ogg will just cause the file to be rejected because the .mp3 format is not the same as the .ogg format, hence the different extension. Taking a pork pie and slapping the label "sausage" on it doesn't transmogrify the pork into a sausage.

Confirmed here - well spotted.

yeah I think I tried that, see above /\

Maybe copy (with root explorer) into system/media/audio/ringtones (set permisions) and reboot?

gaijyn1981

gaijyn1981

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
is not the same thing...(I think...)

Edited by gaijyn1981, 05 February 2013 - 04:15 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W
I can't send MMS messages. I presume it's my settings and not CM10.1 but just wanted to check that others have this working OK?

fuddman

fuddman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Acer F900

I can't send MMS messages. I presume it's my settings and not CM10.1 but just wanted to check that others have this working OK?

I have sent a few mms, haven't checked if I can receive yet. Had to manually edit the APN.

ReZ1343

ReZ1343

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey , Guys you know the 2.05 Gb partition in the G300 how do install apps on it ? it doesnt have Android / Data , Obb when i install Link2int please help :D i have a 2gb sd card which is useless

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

I have sent a few mms, haven't checked if I can receive yet. Had to manually edit the APN.

OK - thanks. I can receive but not send. Obviously I have configured my settings but I presume that there's still something amiss. I'm in contact with my operator to figure it out. Just wanted to double check that MMS send wasn't simply broken in this ROM. I was pretty sure that it wasn't! :)

Edited by dalyer, 05 February 2013 - 06:02 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Hey , Guys you know the 2.05 Gb partition in the G300 how do install apps on it ? it doesnt have Android / Data , Obb when i install Link2int please help :D i have a 2gb sd card which is useless

Not sure I understand. Link2int will allow you to use the usually otherwise unused 2GB partition as an "internal sdcard". After installing link2int you then have to run link2sd and choose what you want to move/link to the 2GB partition. It's all in the link2int thread (and worth also reading the link2sd FAQ just for background info).

Hope this helps.

ReZ1343

ReZ1343

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Not sure I understand. Link2int will allow you to use the usually otherwise unused 2GB partition as an "internal sdcard". After installing link2int you then have to run link2sd and choose what you want to move/link to the 2GB partition. It's all in the link2int thread (and worth also reading the link2sd FAQ just for background info).

Hope this helps.

i want to install gangstar rio city which is about 2gb and when install the apk and i move it to the 2.05 gb partition there is no place where i can place the data like there is no Android/ data or Android / Obb hope you understand

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts
OK - so you have installed link2int, then you install this app/game as normal (from Play Store or APK?), then you go into the link2sd app and select it for moving/linking to the 2gb internal "sdcard"? What happens? What error(s)?

ReZ1343

ReZ1343

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

OK - so you have installed link2int, then you install this app/game as normal (from Play Store or APK?), then you go into the link2sd app and select it for moving/linking to the 2gb internal "sdcard"? What happens? What error(s)?

yes i installed the apk then i go to link2sd and link it to the 2.05 gb partition but where do i put the game files so i can run the game like normally you will install apk and copy the cache files to Android/Data but there is no Android /Data thats what im saying so do i make Android /data folder my self ? im confused

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts
Any time I have used link2sd or link2int I just installed the app from Play Store or APK and then ran the link2sd app to move/link the relevant bits of the app (application file, dalvik-cache, library files) to the sd card. I never had to manually copy other stuff.

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300

Freeware to convert MP3 to ogg here -http://download.cnet.com/Free-MP3-WMA-OGG-Converter/3000-2140_4-10793572.html

Just be careful on install, as it has options to change browser homepage, add toolbars etc!!!

Currently using:-

Posted Image

fiah84

fiah84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Freeware to convert MP3 to ogg here -http://download.cnet.com/Free-MP3-WMA-OGG-Converter/3000-2140_4-10793572.html

Just be careful on install, as it has options to change browser homepage, add toolbars etc!!!

Please, there is no need to install crapware, you can convert MP3 to OGG with a number of free programs that have none of that stuff. Try foobar2000 for example!

Edited by fiah84, 05 February 2013 - 08:42 PM.

PixelPixie

PixelPixie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
No need to install anything, web based conversions. I've used this one, seems ok.
http://www.online-convert.com/

Hkarta

Hkarta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300
Is here any way to disable these lockscreen widgets new to jb? Its been bugging me for quite some time now, as its the only really slow part of this rom - part that i have absolutley no use for. If it could be disabled somehow, it would be perfect-

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300

Please, there is no need to install crapware, you can convert MP3 to OGG with a number of free programs that have none of that stuff. Try foobar2000 for example!

Fair enough - The program was freeware & I did warn that it would try and install crapware, so that people could un-check the boxes and avoid it!
Just trying to help! :unsure:

Currently using:-

Posted Image

Redflake

Redflake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Redflake

Redflake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Is here any way to disable these lockscreen widgets new to jb? Its been bugging me for quite some time now, as its the only really slow part of this rom - part that i have absolutley no use for. If it could be disabled somehow, it would be perfect-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users