• Please log in to reply
3409 replies to this topic

Liesse

Liesse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I am seriously impressed with the speed and quality of this rom. We are so lucky to have android 4.2.2 on our little device. Daz and Fagulhas: thank you so much for your work and support; it means loads to everyone associated with this community.

That said; I unfortunately have to join in with the voices wondering where my battery life has gone on R2. I updated as soon as I could. I did a full wipe of everything, and even wiped my SD card to make sure I left no troublemakers behind. On Monday, my phone beeped at me at about 3 or 4 pm at work to let me know his battery was low. I've never got into the red at work before, but I plugged it in, thinking it's a new rom, it needs time to get used to the battery. Overnight phone went from 100 to 80%, which I thought was pretty ok with the screen off all the time (wifi on on the phone but router off overnight). This morning I noticed that my phone showed no network at home (wifi was on and good); I drove to work, still no network (wifi switched off). I rebooted and the network came back. All good, but I've never had network issues before and no idea if this is related, but it is something I noticed. I carried on my normal day; that is work with gReader reading, Tweedle, some browsing with Opera mini and some reading my downloaded stories with Guardian Anywhere, a couple of texts and WhatsApp messages, when I think I can get away with it at my desk. Before dinner phone reported 58% battery and I wondered what on earth I'd done to it. I decided I needed to stick it in my drawer to make sure I had enough battery left to get home. I looked at it again before home time and the battery had dropped around 3%. So I think the sleep function is all ok -- it is the screen on stuff that is drinking battery. I have autobrightness on, controlled by LUX.

I realise CM roms are never going to have the battery life of stock, but my experience so far with R2 is a bit more extreme than I've noticed on cm9 and 10 and R1 on this phone. Usual usage I'd expect 58% (still in the 70s on one of the CM9s) when I was going home, not before lunch. Sort of hoping it lasts me on the train to Leeds tomorrow.

Sorry for the lack of useful info in this post: I'm just a fan of Daz's roms who loves having the cutting edge android on her device. I'm going to install better battery stats to see if it sees anything useful turns up in it. I know if there is an issue and it is possible to fix, you lot will sort it out. It's quite nice to be using something experimental and in development, so I expect a few bumps on the way.

Other than the battery issue and maybe a network one, I am loving the rom. It is smooth, everything works well and I have no lag. I followed some advice earlier in the thread and stuck CPU governor on performance, 480 min, 1152 max and set on boot on case this would help my issue with battery. Not really noticed a difference with that, so if someone could tell me if this was the wrong thing to do and what it should be, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks again for all the work.

Edited by Liesse, 19 February 2013 - 08:17 PM.

zex_rad

zex_rad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 U8815
Here also some network problems... Full signal bar but unreachable. Only after reboot everything working again....

Curlie

Curlie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Lol I started loading my phone and after 10 min it was from 4-52%?!

ReZ1342

ReZ1342

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Lol i found the best rom guys its the official rom but its been improved by some spanish dude and it runs super slick and there is no problems with it at all if you are ok with ICS then just reply to me and i will send you link

Hidi

Hidi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I followed some advice earlier in the thread and stuck CPU governor on performance, 480 min, 1152 max and set on boot on case this would help my issue with battery.

That was a stupid advise. With performance governor your CPU runs at full speed all the time (at 1152 mhz in your case). No wonder it drains your battery.
Try 245 (or even 122) min, 1152 max and on demand(!) governor

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

Lol i found the best rom guys its the official rom but its been improved by some spanish dude and it runs super slick and there is no problems with it at all if you are ok with ICS then just reply to me and i will send you link

http://www.modaco.co...?/topic/360832-[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim-ROM

Is it this ?.

Biohazard

ReZ1342

ReZ1342

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/360832-[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim-ROM

Is it this ?.

yes and thenfrom that follow the link to HTC mania and then chrome should translate it to English and install it and then scroll a bit down and getall the stuff you need , its awesome

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:U8815N

yes and thenfrom that follow the link to HTC mania and then chrome should translate it to English and install it and then scroll a bit down and getall the stuff you need , its awesome

Why are you spamming here? It's a form of an ad? Firstly, here it's a topic about JB so how ICS is sticking here? Secondly create a thread for it. Or just spam in the ICS roms' topics. Or generally do not spam. Or just go die.

Edited by NikitoGR, 19 February 2013 - 10:59 PM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts
Advertise somewhere else mate.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Or just go die.

That's a little harsh :P

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh
Burn the witch!

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

ReZ1342

ReZ1342

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

That's a little harsh :P

dude i am not posting for advertising i just did it cause most people are lagging hardcore on 4.2.2 so until it gets fixed they should use the one i recommend and its not even my ROM, im just a user like a dealer and a buyer you get me dawg ?

merchan

merchan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

This is concerning R1 so I don't know how relevant it still is, but maybe it's still helpful:

- I've been getting the "slow on wakeup" bug not only rarely but actually pretty frequently. BUT: only when I was on the move. When my G300 was stationary I never had any slowness after unlocking, but when my position had changed since the last time using the phone, it was terrible basically every time. And sometimes even killing all recent apps didn't help, so I had to reboot the device.

Try setting up minimum clock speed to 320Mhz

docnrz

docnrz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300
  • Twitter:@docnrz
FKin awesome to have 4.2.2 for G300 already.

KeeP Up the GooD WorK MaTe! :wub:

Dellboy2012

Dellboy2012

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@Dellboy2012

Lol I started loading my phone and after 10 min it was from 4-52%?!

I also get this.

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

dude i am not posting for advertising i just did it cause most people are lagging hardcore on 4.2.2 so until it gets fixed they should use the one i recommend and its not even my ROM, im just a user like a dealer and a buyer you get me dawg ?

that's a poor excuse, mate. They are right, this thread isn't for new roms. What you do is make a new thread, like its been said already.

tontonfred

tontonfred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for this fast and feature-rich ROM, yet without bloat !

I have encountered a few minor glitches already described in this thread ("process system not responding",camera lag, occasional UI lag...), but also an issue with the stock video player ; MP4 files seem to play fine (but choppier than on CM10), while some AVI files cannot be read at all ; the player will attempt to open then close as soon as the video starts playing ; the sames files played flawlessly under CM9/10. The gallery also seems to be unable to generate the preview thumbnails for videos as it used to in CM9/10.

Cheers,
Fred

PS : can I disable the gMail app without breaking stuff ? It warns me of being a system app, but I have already set up all my mail accounts (including gMail) in the stock Email app so I don't need the standalone gMail in addition. For now, I have deactivated notifications and sync to the account.

atomicr

atomicr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8110 (Pulse Mini)
  • Twitter:@qtomic

I also get this.

Me too.

popoyaya

popoyaya

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade V, Galaxy S3
Anyone try the V6 Super charger script with this rom? I know in the past Daz has said to forget it. Which version should I use and do i have to modify services.jar?

PixelPixie

PixelPixie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

PS : can I disable the gMail app.

Yeah just uninstall it if your not needing it. As long as you have a gmail account for signing into the play store ect wont hurt. You can always install it again if you wish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

aadam8311