3409 replies to this topic

pekahk

pekahk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I have T9 disabled but if I use the new "swift key like" keyboard found in 4.2 the T9 is turned on. I dont like it and wish for disable it ! how ???

pnunesc

pnunesc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
https://plus.google....sts/475qXznBeen

R3 should come with this new cool feature :)

intensedarkness

intensedarkness

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:G300, Y300, Desire, Nexus 4
Updated:
http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2081943

R2 Issues:

• Bluetooth sleep is intentionally disabled - it causes crashes otherwise
  • Some new areas of the UI run a little slowly
  • Hardware accelerated video decoding: OpenMax is not fully operational, though most applications decode video perfectly fine.
    • Working: BBC iPlayer, BBC Media Player, Stock video player, Gallery, MX player (SW, HW only), and others. Issues with TVCatchup app, but you can use android.tvcatchup.com on HQ/LQ with MX player S/W decoder.
  • Camera shutter lag: Use third party app/reduce photo resolution if unbearable
  • LED notifications - fully working except green
  • SystemUI crashes when changing theme
  • Camera panoramic mode distortions
  • Stock camcorder videos have excessive bitrate: ~ 623kilobytes/sec, ~46 sec 640x480 video ~ 28MB.
  • "Take Bug Report" shows nothing when selected
  • Very occasional loss of network - toggle Aeroplane mode on and off to reset easily
  • Bluetooth/WiFi - Tethering issues
  • Wired handsfree earphones do not route audio correctly during calls
Issues above observed when flashing ROM and JB gapps after full wipe/factory reset, and system & cust partition unmount and format x2 (two times) with battery pulls inbetween, using the recommended CWM version (see OP), ie. reboot recovery, CWM factory reset, mounts and storage, format system, format cust. Battery pull, and then repeat. Then flash ROM and new gapps.

If you're having issues which others are not, it's worth trying this method first, escpecially with battery pulls between the two factory resets and system and cust partition formats. Remember to unmount before formatting these partitions. Careful, don't format SD or emmc.

Great work, sincere gratitude towards the dev. Keep up the good work, confident everything will be resolved in time.

(Note: Issues above simplified list, see bugtracker for detailed list: (coming up))

(Click the green up arrow if it appers here :-) )

Edited by intensedarkness, 20 February 2013 - 12:30 PM.

Liesse

Liesse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

That was a stupid advise. With performance governor your CPU runs at full speed all the time (at 1152 mhz in your case). No wonder it drains your battery.
Try 245 (or even 122) min, 1152 max and on demand(!) governor

Cheers: set to your recommendations. Hopefully those will help.

I did experience the drain I described on default settings though: I moved to the other yesterday afternoon after looking for advice.

classless

classless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:G300
I tried to change ro.ril.hsxpa=0 to disable hsdpa and only enable umts for 3g connection but it doesn't do anything. is there another line i have to edit in build.prop?
What's the correct option for this to happen?

EDIT: I have searched and searched and i only found this solution. Is there anything else that i can do to enable only UMTS?
To be more specific i want this: "ro.ril.hsxpa=0 - UMTS r99"

Edited by classless, 20 February 2013 - 02:52 PM.

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:U8815N

Anyone try the V6 Super charger script with this rom? I know in the past Daz has said to forget it. Which version should I use and do i have to modify services.jar?

Use the latest rc (rc11) and for the patcher use the rc6 NO FLASH from here. Replace the adb with the new one from the sdk in the folder platform-tools. Then from the folder supercharged in the jar patcher, copy the modified services.jar and paste it in the sd-card. When the script ask from you to use the options ultimate, install and exit press i to be installed automatically from the sd.

marcioo

marcioo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
If I want to move to other ROM, my wifi acess points will not work in other ROM, which backup app I will use to backup my acess points to use in other ROM?

timalanjohnson

timalanjohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks a ton, man. If I wasn't a broke-ass teenager who spent his money on his phone, I would certainly donate. Keep up the awesome work.

Edited by timalanjohnson, 20 February 2013 - 05:57 PM.

Victor1195

Victor1195

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@-
Hello guys. I don't wanna be silly, but what version of CWM do I have to use to flash this rom? I've got 6.0.1.9. version now, but I don't think it will work.
I've searched this topic, but nothing found. I'm asking because I saw guys bricking their g300 by using inappropriate CWM.
I think the way to flash a rom is the same: put gapps and CM on sd, reboot in CWM, full wipe, install CM, install, gapps, reboot?
Thanks a lot guys, and Daz, without u, this phone will wouldn't be that popular.

timalanjohnson

timalanjohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello guys. I don't wanna be silly, but what version of CWM do I have to use to flash this rom? I've got 6.0.1.9. version now, but I don't think it will work.
I've searched this topic, but nothing found. I'm asking because I saw guys bricking their g300 by using inappropriate CWM.
I think the way to flash a rom is the same: put gapps and CM on sd, reboot in CWM, full wipe, install CM, install, gapps, reboot?
Thanks a lot guys, and Daz, without u, this phone will wouldn't be that popular.

I'm pretty sure it'll work for you. I myself am using CWM 5.something

nsmacd1

nsmacd1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Devices:Vowney (Verne) V5 & G300

I am using CWM Version 6.0.1.9 and have had no problems with any of the CM10 ROMs, including the latest version (I did full wipes before install if that makes any difference to you!)

Edited by nsmacd1, 20 February 2013 - 07:41 PM.

Currently using:-

Posted Image

Exzorcist

Exzorcist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:huawei s7-104/ Ascend G300
Good day. I apologize in advance if the question has already been asked (with my English it is easier to repeat than to seek :unsure: ) at the last assembly it's a sad fact that the network periodically disappears(( please tell me how to fix it?

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

dude i am not posting for advertising i just did it cause most people are lagging hardcore on 4.2.2 so until it gets fixed they should use the one i recommend and its not even my ROM, im just a user like a dealer and a buyer you get me dawg ?

Yo' dawg CM10.1 don't lag hardcore, why you bitchin' dawg? Peace.

Dawg :P

Edited by kyan31, 20 February 2013 - 08:40 PM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

ruiferreira69

ruiferreira69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
hi suite not working :s

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo
Yep. Blame Huawei. 4.2.2 broke their software.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

cpw1959

cpw1959

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300,Galaxy Ace
  • Twitter:@cpw1959

- When the "WiFi optimization" - "minimize battery usage" option is enabled, it causes my wifi to not work after waking up the device after some period of sleep. The wifi icon still shows in the status bar, but it's grey instead of blue, and the internet doesn't work at all.
I then have to turn wifi off and on again for it to work again. Despite wifi being set to be always on during standby.

I am also getting No WiFi at all, either with or without optimization,it is probably something i am missing that is simple to solve but i cannot find it.
As this is my main device nowadays i really need WiFi to be working so i is back to Stock+ for me.
I shall Try this again at the weekend when i've a little more time to try and figure out this WIFI problem.

Talking to the gutter-stinking, winking in the same old way.

I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way.

giodc

giodc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
What gapps do i need to download? Can i load 4.2.1 onto my G300?

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:U8815N
The latest. The 12/12/12 Gapps. (JB).

What do you mean by loading 4.2.1? You want the 4.2.1 version instead of the 4.2.2? In the OP click the link for the roms, and choose
cm-10.1-20130216-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2.zip (the 3rd one)

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Devices:LG G2, Moto G
I am having major issues with signal the with this ROM, it is a stunning piece of work, but it's killing my battery and the signal is a problem.

I was on the phone to Orange yesterday and I was reporting signal problems, and they said my phone was on and off the network constantly, they had a techie watching my connection drop and reconnect constantly whilst I was on the phone to them, I was at the time talking to them on a landline, is this anything to do with the issues of battery/3G problems?? I am going to try the B960 repack for a few days and see if that helps with my issues

Andrew

ppzero

ppzero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I'm having problem with Hisuite, it just cannot recognize my G300 since I updated it with CM10.1 JB4.2.2. Is there solution for this?

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users