3411 replies to this topic

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Android
On the positive side, the alarm clock seems to work fine now in R2, at least it has not been late for me so far.

But how do I install the new unlocked bootloader? I had a 3G related reboot, and I would like to try that as the recommended fix, but the adb in the zip file does not talk to the ADB protocol of Android 4.2.2.

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:U8815N

On the positive side, the alarm clock seems to work fine now in R2, at least it has not been late for me so far.

But how do I install the new unlocked bootloader? I had a 3G related reboot, and I would like to try that as the recommended fix, but the adb in the zip file does not talk to the ADB protocol of Android 4.2.2.

What?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

You mean the bootloader that is claimed to mitigate or solve the 3G reboot problem? Just follow the instructions

http://www.modaco.co...issue-released/

Unfortunately this didn't solve the reboots for me although they did seem less frequent and I ended up using this workaround:

http://www.modaco.co...s/#entry2095430

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Yeah 4.2.2 has an issue with battery draining...

Guys what is going on with google ears? I can't find the widget.

I think its part of Google now, there is no specific widget. Well I can't be sure, just have a look :P

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

You mean the bootloader that is claimed to mitigate or solve the 3G reboot problem? Just follow the instructions

http://www.modaco.co...issue-released/

I tried, but it just quits after the first step I think. As far as I understand it does not have the latest adb executable, so it cannot talk to Android 4.2.2. And I don't want to install a different ROM just to try this.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

I tried, but it just quits after the first step I think. As far as I understand it does not have the latest adb executable, so it cannot talk to Android 4.2.2. And I don't want to install a different ROM just to try this.

I don't know about the ADB/Anrdoid 4.2.2 compatibility issue but what error are you getting and are you sure that it's not the "permission denied" issue mentioned in the original post of the bootloader thread? Make sure to open a DOS box/command shell and run it from there and not from Windows Explorer in order to see/capture all of the logging output of the script.

Edited by dalyer, 27 February 2013 - 12:22 PM.

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

I don't know about the ADB/Anrdoid 4.2.2 compatibility issue but what error are you getting

error: device not found

Just what I would expect with an out of date adb version.

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

I think its part of Google now, there is no specific widget. Well I can't be sure, just have a look :P

Nuhhh! I just found a modified apk and works like a charm. There is a command for the now; What's the song
Here is a link to the thread. Download the Cyanogenmod 10.1 apk and flash it. Then install it from the system/app normally and then set permissions to rw-r-r.

Edited by NikitoGR, 27 February 2013 - 01:29 PM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

error: device not found

Just what I would expect with an out of date adb version.

Or no drivers?

Milky Joe

Milky Joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:G300, R800i

Yeah 4.2.2 has an issue with battery draining...

Guys what is going on with google ears? I can't find the widget.

It gets frozen by Google for some reason. Use Titanium Backup or an app like App Quarantine to unfreeze it. You'll have to do it every reboot.

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

It gets frozen by Google for some reason. Use Titanium Backup or an app like App Quarantine to unfreeze it. You'll have to do it every reboot.

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2095670

Thanks for your interesting! With this way I found, it will enable it permanently ;)

rryyaannbb

rryyaannbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
Does USB OTG work with this ROM? (If you install usb otg helper maybe?)

flor90

flor90

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Is it normal that the cpu usage to be 100% all the time? Even when i do nothing, in settings, performance the cpu clock stays at maximum frequency, Even tough ondemand is the governor

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Does USB OTG work with this ROM? (If you install usb otg helper maybe?)

Don't think OTG works with any ROM on this phone or if the phone is even capable of it:

http://www.modaco.co.../page__hl__ otg

longsuffering

longsuffering

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:C550
Has anyone had any luck with WiFi / USB tethering on R2?

clayts450

clayts450

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G 16GB
Had no problem at all with USB tethering

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
USB tethering is good for me. Wifi tethering doesn't work.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

mothership

mothership

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Unfortunately I have to return to CM10.

CM10.1 looks really awesome, but after a few weeks it's getting slower etc. I prefer reliability.
Keep up good works, I'll try the next version of this ROM, hope it will be better.

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:Xiaocai X9
  • Twitter:@degurney
I`d like to return to 10.1 or 9. But I can`t get the Android SDK thing figured out..
I unpack the .zip and run SDK Manager.exe and it ends up things installed... but I still don`t have any luck when I connect my phone..

Can I ask if anyone has done it to give me the steps please?

Darren

kosac

kosac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
hi, interesting, with this rom i dont have 3G restarts.. but if i turn off mobile data and wifi for night.. at morning i dont have any signal from operator and must restart.. (so data must stay enabled.. np i have sheduled backup) :)

OpenGL is better and faster in this rom.. but more freezing.. more games then in 4.1 etc roms is freezing now :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users