3409 replies to this topic

popoyaya

popoyaya

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade V, Galaxy S3

hi your work is so great, but after intalling cyanogenmod 10.1 my phone's display is being turned off when i am trying to call and display is not responding untill the call is ended.
could you solve this problem for me

It's an experimental rom and has been released long enough for the bugs to be well known and documented. Your problem has not been mentioned before so I suggest doing a full format/wipe and reinstall.

NikitoGR

NikitoGR

Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:U8815N

Yes, I've lived all my life in the mountains cut off from humanity eating insects and howling at the moon. I was rescued by a beautiful wealthy heiress who keeps me as a slave and bought me a cheap phone to play angry birds. :P

Oh you! You're lucky! Tarzan!

MiLiPa

MiLiPa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Hey guys, first post here - I've messed up.

Here's the thing, I was following this tutorial (http://huaweig300.co...the-custom-rom/) on how to install Custom Roms on my Huawei, because I was full of that itchy Vodafone bloatware, and my phone was really slugging down since I updated it to Android 4.0. It was my first time doing this.

So, in that aforementioned link, they mention modaco as the best place to download custom roms, so I downloaded cyanogen. Here's the thing: in that very same page they have a link for their own googleapps. I didn't get what the googleapps were exactly, and that in the OP of this thread there was a link for another batch of googleapps, so I went ahead and downloaded the ones they had there.

I ended up having to install gmail, google+, google talk, and so one. I only had the playstore installed. But here's the thing: there was no camera app. I don't know if that was supposed to come with the googleapps or not.

Either way, I managed to get the Huawei stock camera app installed... only it doesn't work. Or better yet, it takes photos, but you can't see what the camera is focusing on while you're taking photos. The camera display flicks as if there's a graphic glitch. I tried to take a screenshot but for some reason it shows up as a black screen: anyway, you get the point, the camera doesn't work.

Is that somehow related with me downloading a different set of googleapps than those you have here? If yes, how do I solve this? Can I download these googleapps, replace those I have installed before, and install these new ones without losing everything I've saved on my phone by now? Or was the camera supposed to be working just with the cyanogenmod standalone zip?

Thanks a lot everyone, hope I can still fix this today because tomorrow I'll need the camera. So it's sort of urgent :/

Posted Image

P.S - as you can see, even if I can't see what's going on while the camera is on, the camera does take photos. It's pretty odd.

P.S 2 - Ok, turns out I have Android 4.1.2 installed, not 4.2.2... I have screwed up badly. I thought this was for the ICS. I guess that's the reason behind this. How can I fix this now? I'm sorry for bothering but I'm really bad at this!

Edited by MiLiPa, 29 March 2013 - 11:57 PM.

mad_peter

mad_peter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I upgraded my g300 from Infusion to CM R6, but my keyboard doesn't work unfortunately :/
I see every few seconds this notification: "unfortunately android keyboard (ASOP) has stopped"

Help, pls!

popoyaya

popoyaya

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Both of you need to boot into recovery (CWM) and reinstall, insuring you're on the right baseband and install the correct gapps.

MiLiPa

MiLiPa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I tried to re-install it and I got some error on CWM, "status 7"... I've looked around Google but I can't find a solution for this Huawei model, only some Sony Ericsson one.

Edit: And now I can't even boot the phone, it doesn't start... great. Have I mentioned my birthday is today? What a gift! I'm afraid I may have screwed up the phone, oh god...

Edited by MiLiPa, 30 March 2013 - 01:10 AM.

shpibrazz

shpibrazz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:HUAWEI Ascend g300, MediaPad

I tried to re-install it and I got some error on CWM, "status 7"... I've looked around Google but I can't find a solution for this Huawei model, only some Sony Ericsson one.

Edit: And now I can't even boot the phone, it doesn't start... great. Have I mentioned my birthday is today? What a gift! I'm afraid I may have screwed up the phone, oh god...

Status 7 as i recall is bad zip file...try downloading again and do all the necessary wipes in cwm recovery before u flash again.

Edited by shpibrazz, 30 March 2013 - 01:57 AM.

bluecjh

bluecjh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
I've had to back out of 10.1 and go back to 10.0 because of the call volume. Incoming calls are acceptable but for outgoing calls the volume is unbearably loud and the volume rocker has no effect. I cannot turn down the call. Am I alone with this problem or is there an easy fix?

popoyaya

popoyaya

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Disable system apps & services to improve performance.

Here's an interesting guide... Anyone tried this?

http://forums.androi...remove-big.html

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Just boot back to cwm and flash another ROM, its not the end of the world lol.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

slashme

slashme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I've added this thread and the CM9 one to the CyanogenMod Wiki's list of unofficial ports: http://wiki.cyanogen...8Ascend_G300.29

slashme

slashme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

hi your work is so great, but after intalling cyanogenmod 10.1 my phone's display is being turned off when i am trying to call and display is not responding untill the call is ended.
could you solve this problem for me

I had this problem before, but it went away for me with a rom flash or two - It's completely gone now that I'm on CM10, which is the opposite of your experience: strange! It has to do with the proximity sensor on the phone: it's supposed to sense when the phone is next to your face.

When I had this problem I would just put my thumb on the top right hand front corner of the phone (around where the notification LED is) and then take it off again: That way it would think that the phone had just been removed from being in contact with a face :-)

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Huaweii U8815
I'm new to this rooting business and was following (apparently successfully) through the procedure to install this ROM on my phone (upgrading from 2.3.6 Baseband 109... BUT
  • after copying zip files to my phone, re-booting, etc to get to stage where I should have been able to identify the zip files, they could not be found by the OS
as said, folllowed through the (excellently written) procedure given on the uk huaweig300.com website, so phone now identifies itself as having 4.0.3 with Baseband 2030, which should satisfy the minimum criteria

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions -- phone is working properly sfaik -- but I'd like the extra improvements beyond 4.0.3 if I can get them

samjam

samjam

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
Copy the files to sdcard storage not phone storage

ahatomastarday

ahatomastarday

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I'm new to this rooting business and was following (apparently successfully) through the procedure to install this ROM on my phone (upgrading from 2.3.6 Baseband 109... BUT

• after copying zip files to my phone, re-booting, etc to get to stage where I should have been able to identify the zip files, they could not be found by the OS
as said, folllowed through the (excellently written) procedure given on the uk huaweig300.com website, so phone now identifies itself as having 4.0.3 with Baseband 2030, which should satisfy the minimum criteria

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions -- phone is working properly sfaik -- but I'd like the extra improvements beyond 4.0.3 if I can get them

Beware that this isn't by any means a final or "safe" ROM so to speak, meaning that not all the issues it presents can be considered minor. Some people are reporting complete signal losses that aren't reflected in the phone's signal indicator and can only be solved rebooting the phone. You should already know this but since you're new to this thing I thought it'd be worth to tell you.

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Copy the files to sdcard storage not phone storage

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Somehow or other, in the process of installing the original ROM the Windows OS re-designated what were the two drives with each other's designations -- so I WAS installing the files on the wrong card -- despite the advisory to install it on the SD card --

duhh, embarrassingly simple mistake I couldn't figure out by myself, so I'm really grateful -- and the zip file installed very quicklly -- now to explore -- You've made my day!!

and many thanks to Newbie, too, for the response -- something I "should" know, but am probably underestimating the significance of, for now -- newbies rush in where more experienced tread gingerly -- new phone for me (things move slowly here in NZ, and the price has only recently come down greatly --- things are also comparatively much more expensive here too -- but I've downloaded the last in the CM9 series too -- which is hopefully stable, "error limited", even if only ICS, and which version of ICS -- how does one read the "sub-versions" of CM9 releases btw?

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Somehow or other, in the process of installing the original ROM the Windows OS re-designated what were the two drives with each other's designations -- so I WAS installing the files on the wrong card -- despite the advisory to install it on the SD card --

duhh, embarrassingly simple mistake I couldn't figure out by myself, so I'm really grateful -- and the zip file installed very quicklly -- now to explore -- You've made my day!!

and many thanks to Newbie, too, for the response -- something I "should" know, but am probably underestimating the significance of, for now -- newbies rush in where more experienced tread gingerly -- new phone for me (things move slowly here in NZ, and the price has only recently come down greatly --- things are also comparatively much more expensive here too -- but I've downloaded the last in the CM9 series too -- which is hopefully stable, "error limited", even if only ICS, and which version of ICS -- how does one read the "sub-versions" of CM9 releases btw?

Thanks to those who responded -- especially if I didn't get your name right ---

Now -- I've got my phone stalled -- the CyanogenMod rotating circles inside each other just keep rotating, and rotating, and ....

Now, what should I do

Did I do the wrong thing, in trying to run both the CM and Gapps at the same time (despite the fact that that seems to be the way things are written in the huwaweig300.com guide

After that ...
  • Should I go "all the way" back to try to install CM9 (say, version 4.0.4?) -- one of the "shortcomings" of the G300 is supposedly its (originally) quite limited camera app, for which I'd like to go even further than 4.0.4
  • Should I try to run the install of CM10 first, and only after that install Gapps?

AussieExpat

AussieExpat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Thanks to those who responded -- especially if I didn't get your name right ---

Now -- I've got my phone stalled -- the CyanogenMod rotating circles inside each other just keep rotating, and rotating, and ....

Now, what should I do

Did I do the wrong thing, in trying to run both the CM and Gapps at the same time (despite the fact that that seems to be the way things are written in the huwaweig300.com guide

After that ...

• Should I go "all the way" back to try to install CM9 (say, version 4.0.4?) -- one of the "shortcomings" of the G300 is supposedly its (originally) quite limited camera app, for which I'd like to go even further than 4.0.4
  • Should I try to run the install of CM10 first, and only after that install Gapps?

I'm TOO much of a newbie to understand what's happened -- believe it or not, after several attempts at re-starting phone, I reverted to "factory reset", which resulted, sooner rather than later, in my having a woring phone, with Version 4.1.2 from Cyanogen, with an advisory that an update was available -- would that be for 4.2.2 -- it's CM-10.1-20130216-EPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2.zip, with
currentlt installed being 10-20130217-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R6

I can't make sense of this numbering scheme -- given the numbers I'd imagine what's installed is a more recent version than the update ???

Must admit, I'm totally flawed by the range of options and capabilities available -- awesome -- so thanks very much to EVERY body for all the work!!!

where do I find the list of "issues" so I'm not caught unaware -- thanks to the person who notified me about the potential problem with cell carrier reception.

dubitoergosum

dubitoergosum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:psychology, music, games, photography, cycling
  • Devices:Nokia 6303, Huawei U8815

I'm TOO much of a newbie to understand what's happened -- believe it or not, after several attempts at re-starting phone, I reverted to "factory reset", which resulted, sooner rather than later, in my having a woring phone, with Version 4.1.2 from Cyanogen, with an advisory that an update was available -- would that be for 4.2.2 -- it's CM-10.1-20130216-EPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2.zip, with
currentlt installed being 10-20130217-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R6

I can't make sense of this numbering scheme -- given the numbers I'd imagine what's installed is a more recent version than the update ???

Must admit, I'm totally flawed by the range of options and capabilities available -- awesome -- so thanks very much to EVERY body for all the work!!!

where do I find the list of "issues" so I'm not caught unaware -- thanks to the person who notified me about the potential problem with cell carrier reception.

Man, you're a talker, lol.
The number at the end of the filename, after the "R" signs the release number of your ROM. the number after "CM" signs the version. CM 9 is based on Android 4.1, CM 10 is based on 4.2. The higher number you see after the R, the newer release you have of that version. R2 is the latest CM ROM based on 4.2.
You can find the known issues on the first page of this topic.

Edited by dubitoergosum, 31 March 2013 - 07:59 PM.

dannchelu

dannchelu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
Cm9= 4.0.4
Cm10=4.1.2
Cm10.1=4.2.1-R1 and 4.2.2-R2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users