Photo

How to get samsung charger pin work on skate ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake
Topic describes it all. How can a samsung charger pin work on our skate ? What is the difference between two ?

Got a very good car charger from singapore, but it has pin which fits our skate but it does not charge :(

Edited by jtharmor, 29 January 2013 - 01:43 PM.

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
My Tocco Ultra charger fits my Skate just fine. The side that has a plus and minus goes on the top and it charges very well. It most likely doesn't give the right level of amps, so phone doesn't charge

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

poludeli_kaktus

poludeli_kaktus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Medion Life P4310, LG L9
  • Twitter:@poludeli_kaktus
I advise you not to touch anything around the socket for charging. the wire in the wrong place could burn electronics-control voltage, and possibly further.
skate need car charger 5V/1000mAh. any charger these values ​​below these values will not charge the battery.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

I advise you not to touch anything around the socket for charging. the wire in the wrong place could burn electronics-control voltage, and possibly further.
skate need car charger 5V/1000mAh. any charger these values ​​below these values will not charge the battery.

Why the mAh figure? How long the charger lasts means nothing, it's only the voltage that counts.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate

Why the mAh figure? How long the charger lasts means nothing, it's only the voltage that counts.

V=IR

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

poludeli_kaktus

poludeli_kaktus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

counted and V and mAh. that it is very important for car chargers exp: i have car charger for nokia n97 wich is 5V/750mAh and it can not charge our skate becouse battery electronics does not get initiated due to lack mAh... for skate by user manual and factory specs is 5V/1000mAh ( My happiness is that I got a phone with a car charger :) ...chargers for home is another story ...
Correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by poludeli_kaktus, 30 January 2013 - 05:54 PM.

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

V=IR

Yes but with that formula you'd say the current doesn't matter, it's the power P = V*I that you need the current for.

I don't get why a 750mAh charger wouldn't work though. A standard USB-connection on a pc delivers 500mA at best and that's enough to charge your phone (albeit slowly). I don't know what the minimal required power is, less than half of 500mA I think, since you can charge the phone from a USB hub as well with multiple devices plugged in.

Jtharmor: does your charger work on another phone? All micro-USB chargers should have the same layout, maybe it's just a bit picky about how you plug it in your car. Or it doesn't have a standard USB-layout.

Edited by Redstarr1, 31 January 2013 - 10:05 AM.

edsousa

edsousa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Zte optimos monte carlo

sory but lol , the mA are very important, not only because same charging controllers don't start with less than x mA as the correct mA help to get your battery life, to much mA it will charge faster and the battery will not be full charged , but the system will tel you its at 100%, less mA its good for the battery but more time to charge but 100% charged for shore and long life.

1000mA = 1A

the correct charge current (mA) for skate original battery is 700mA , a good fastest charger is 1A , more than this its to much.

750mA must work, cod be a pinout problem same samsung chargers are not standard because they are build to use only with samsung equipment. the usb are universal be careful with that.

same charger have a control pin that get voltage from the battery to activate the charger, if your samsung charger its ok and it dont work with skate i think you do not use it with skate

sorry for my english i hope it is clear.

Edited by edsousa, 01 February 2013 - 11:45 PM.

poludeli_kaktus

poludeli_kaktus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Follow this topic for my curiosuty i try several car chargers 500mA (universal), 750mA (nokia n97), 1000mA (belkin) and 1000mA (this one is Zte branded). Only belkin and Zte can charge my phone.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

sory but lol , the mA are very important, not only because same charging controllers don't start with less than x mA as the correct mA help to get your battery life, to much mA it will charge faster and the battery will not be full charged , but the system will tel you its at 100%, less mA its good for the battery but more time to charge but 100% charged for shore and long life.

1000mA = 1A

the correct charge current (mA) for skate original battery is 700mA , a good fastest charger is 1A , more than this its to much.

750mA must work, cod be a pinout problem same samsung chargers are not standard because they are build to use only with samsung equipment. the usb are universal be careful with that.

same charger have a control pin that get voltage from the battery to activate the charger, if your samsung charger its ok and it dont work with skate i think you do not use it with skate

sorry for my english i hope it is clear.

You misread my comment. He said mAh, not mA. Those are two very, very different things.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users