[POLL] Cyda - please come back?

Guest dalyer

As some of you - especially those who follow the CM10.1 thread - will know, Cyda today withdrew from this forum and deleted some or all of his contributed work. On foot of this post and some other posts expressing disappointment with this turn of events I took it upon myself to post this poll/petition in the hope that he can be convinced to return.

I don't know Cyda personally or even virtually through this forum but I can see that his work is very important for G300 users.

I trust that this is acceptable and within the posting guidelines but if not then moderators please feel free to correct me.

Thanks

Edited by dalyer

Guest mop11123

He posted something, didn't like the answers he got and for some twisted reason decided to erase everything he posted so far here. This is childish behavior.

If you want to give, don't take it away.

Edited by mop11123

link2int gone too. It may be possible to find these or alternatives elsewhere but in my opinion Cyda's contributions to this forum will be sorely missed if he does not return and reinstate his work... Obviously it's his prerogative to contribute or not but I would hope that an expression of support for him here might sway him towards returning...

Guest fillwatertank

@ Cyda: "You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose". /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

(and im still waiting patiently to the stock+ slimROM) ;)

Edited by fillwatertank

Guest moochermick

link2int gone too. It may be possible to find these or alternatives elsewhere but in my opinion Cyda's contributions to this forum will be sorely missed if he does not return and reinstate his work... Obviously it's his prerogative to contribute or not but I would hope that an exp<b></b>ression of support for him here might sway him towards returning...

+1

Just started using this last night came back to say thanks its working great, and its gone!

I don't know whats gone on but I don't think g300 users can afford to lose devs/modders of this caliber.

just my 2p worth.

Well, I said something about us better deleting topics and posts.

If that was was the trigger I have to say Im really sorry. I admire Cyda`s work here.

It was just a figurative speech.

After all, you measure people by deeds not words...

Guest ChrisPNE

I don't know what caused this but whatever did it's a petulant and childish reaction. There are many users who go about the forum quietly who will miss the contribution he made.

In life you have to take the rough with the smooth and the adulation with the abuse.

I voted no for the lulz but of course he should stick around. He obviously didn't expect many replies from that opinion he posted but when he did it got to him. How old is he then? Years back I let things (even on the Internet) get to me too, but you learn to appreciate opinion or at the very least shrug it off. Good developer, always helpful, yeah come back you pansy. ;-) I bet his ego's gonna love this thread. lol

Edited by ACS10

I would have assumed that we have all been through this at some stage - i.e. reacting, and perhaps overreacting, to stuff posted on an internet forum. I know that I have :blush: and it's a long time since I could blame it on the impetuosity of youth. :D Act in haste and repent at leisure and all that. Personally I'd like to see Cyda and his contributed work back. And personally I'm not interested in allocating "blame" to anybody for this incident. I'd leave that to the moderators if it's even necessary.

Edited by dalyer

It's funny that all the people who voted 'no' have only just come to modaco recently. They know nothing of Cyda, or his work, yet they have voted that they don't want him to come back :blink:

Guest mop11123

It's funny that all the people who voted 'no' have only just come to modaco recently. They know nothing of Cyda, or his work, yet they have voted that they don't want him to come back :blink:

How could they? he made sure that no one had access to his so acclaimed work by deleting everything.

Now he is just some random guy who made a whiny post and run off to get some attention.

Edited by mop11123

Guest Dellboy2012

How could they? We made sure that no one had access to his so acclaimed work.

Now he is just some random guy who made a whiny post and run off to get some attention.

And you're famous for...? Ah, yes, pissing off people.