HOW TO ROOT IN 10 STEPS - EASY GUIDE (xolo)

Guest Cowgers123

Guest Cowgers123

1) Check you have not updated the 27mb zip. If you have download the ics package from xolo.in ( this will downgrade it from the 27mb.zip)

2) Download and install the Intel Drivers From here:

http://www.official-drivers.com/installer/?seed=intel&v=2&gclid=CMzd887fkLUCFUbKtAodmQgAuQ

3) Download and install the Aio tool. ( There will now be 2 shortcuts 1. the actual tool and the other called setup)

4) Now open the tool and make sure you set your phone on usb debugging mode ( found in settings)

5) Open the aio tool (it should now pick up your device)

6) Choose (on aio ) weather it is a 32bit laptop or 64bit laptop.

7) Find root (number 7) click it!

8) Your device should reboot twice

9) Check for root - either see if the superuser app is there all download root checker from the Playstore.

10) Enjoy Root - if this helped please Thumbs up!!!!!

Guest King Conrad

1) Check you have not updated the 27mb zip. If you have download the ics package from xolo.in ( this will downgrade it from the 27mb.zip)

2) Download and install the Intel Drivers From here:

http://www.official-...CFUbKtAodmQgAuQ

3) Download and install the Aio tool. ( There will now be 2 shortcuts 1. the actual tool and the other called setup)

4) Now open the tool and make sure you set your phone on usb debugging mode ( found in settings)

5) Open the aio tool (it should now pick up your device)

6) Choose (on aio ) weather it is a 32bit laptop or 64bit laptop.

7) Find root (number 7) click it!

8) Your device should reboot twice

9) Check for root - either see if the superuser app is there all download root checker from the Playstore.

10) Enjoy Root - if this helped please Thumbs up!!!!!

Did this work? Any updates?

just got this phone after reading on GiffGaff that it is free to unlock. Now i find that it is one of the hardest to unlock :angry2:

I just got off the phone with Orange and they will be calling me back soon. But from your threads I hold no hope to getting anything including the truth.

Guest King Conrad

So are you able to now use any Sim? I really want to stick my GiffGaff sim in. I worry that I will brick my phone... I have only had it a short time so i really do not want to Brick it as I have no backup.

Guest i am not a hacker

Ok firstly, there is a fix brick option. So even if you do brick it, you can fix it easily.

And secondly, this doesn't unlock the phone, so you will still only be able to use Orange, Virgin, and T-Mobile SIMs, nothing else

Guest King Conrad

ahhh. Ok. So, will anyone be able to find a fix? I would have thought getting Root would have given some way of unlocking the phone? I thought root was the holy grail.

Damn :(

Guest i am not a hacker

No the 'holy grail' is the unlocked bootloader.

SIM unlocking is completely different. Look at the SIM Lock status topic on this forum for a lot more info

Guest BlueMoonRising

ahhh. Ok. So, will anyone be able to find a fix? I would have thought getting Root would have given some way of unlocking the phone? I thought root was the holy grail.

Damn :(

Root has got nothing to do with sim unlock, the two aren't related in any way. You wont brick it by putting your GiffGaff sim in, it simply wont work.

Orange normally insist on 3 months of use before unlocking for £20 but as you can see from it's not always that easy...

Don't bother with any online unlocking site as there is absolutely nobody but Orange who can unlock it regardless of their claims.

Guest BlueMoonRising

When u unlock it the £20 I pay Does that get put onto ur Credit?

if you mean taken off your credit then yes, if you don't have enough then it will fail.