Screen replacement

Guest hugocard

Guest hugocard

Here is a video i made when i replaced the screen digitizer of my phone in case anyone needs help.

well i dont know if its acording to the forum rules. if it isnt tell me please.

Edited by hugocard

Guest billpine

I'll probably have to do this at some point. Vodafone and Huawei are both not playing ball with warranty both saying I should contact the other and it's getting tiresome!

Thanks for the vid!

Thanks for this; as much as i hope i wont ever need to replace my screen, its likely to happen one day and at least i wont have to find out myself how to disassemble it.

Bookmarked. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrgubby

Replaced the Digitizer on my sons G300 today, it's alot easier than it looks on the videos.

The only bit that took time was heating the front panel up enough to soften the glue :)

Guest sonicaaaa

@mrgubby Thank you, I am going to order one as well.

Just the last couple of things: what shipment option have you chosen(I am in UK too)? Have you received specific screwdriver with it or any extra tool is required to perform the replacement?

Thanks again

paolo

Guest mrgubby

@mrgubby Thank you, I am going to order one as well.

Just the last couple of things: what shipment option have you chosen(I am in UK too)? Have you received specific screwdriver with it or any extra tool is required to perform the replacement?

Thanks again

paolo

I went for the quick shipment.

It came with no tools , you need a T5 torq screwdriver for the main screws and a very fine philips screwdriver for the screws that hold the USB PCB

Watch out when you remove the main PCB, the on/off switch is glued to the front panel and you could snap the flexi-cable, it's the one hugo leaves on in his video. It peels of with a sharp knife & care and sticks back on when you re-assemble :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lowrider007

Just want to say thanks for this guide, just finished replacing the digitizer on my younger brothers phone, was a bit stessful to do but got there in the end with the help of your video.

cheers.

Edited by lowrider007

• 1 month later...
Guest mushyg

Thanks so much for the vid. helped loads while sorting out my sons phone.

unfortunately i seemed to have disabled all network capabilities while in the process of (sucessfully) repairing the screen.

anyone out there have any ideas what i may have done and how i can fix?

any help gratefully received! :)

• 1 year later...
Guest dalyer

Old thread but just wanted to thank the original poster for the video as it was a great help to me (along with the other Russian one with the crazy music! :D) when replacing my gf's broken G300 digitizer.

Little bit fiddly but got there in the end.

The key thing seems to be not to break the power ribbon connector!

First time I reassembled I couldn't hear anything on calls and that was because the replacement digitizer connector as blocking the earpiece from making proper electrical contact until I tucked part of it underneath.

Some thin strips of double sided sticky tape are keeping the new digitizer in place.

Back up and running (now running GBX) which is great.

Cost €15 and some of my time rather than the cost of a new phone.