shootomanUK

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Devices:AZ210A , WT19i , DynaTAC 8000X
  • Twitter:@not got one
samba mobile:
so let me get this right, i watch online videos that give me free megabytes of internet that i use to watch more videos and so on....?
if your using your free internet to watch more videos then what are you gaining ??

everett_psycho

everett_psycho

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Advent Vega

samba mobile:
so let me get this right, i watch online videos that give me free megabytes of internet that i use to watch more videos and so on....?
if your using your free internet to watch more videos then what are you gaining ??

If I remember rightly the samba advert site doesn't come out of your days allowance. You can watch them over any connection though, so watch rt them at home and get the allowance for when out and about

Zarch1972

Zarch1972

Diehard

• Senior News Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Husband, Dad, Wednesdayite and Geek!
  • Devices:iPhone 5S, Nexus 7, Chromebook
  • Twitter:@Zarch1972
I watch the Samba ads at home (or work) on a conventional broadband connection and pick up the credit that way.

dwarfcoach

dwarfcoach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, BlackBerry PlayBook
  • Twitter:@dwarfcoach
Ovivo saga continues:
http://ovivomobile.c...tising-is-back/

The nuts & bolts of it (without the child friendly graphics) are -
*Each time you open your phone browser you will see a selection of offers from chosen partners that they think will be relevant to you.
*Click on offer or after 5 seconds you can press “Continue”" at the bottom of the page to continue browsing to your chosen site.

Too intrusive? I don't think it will be so will be trying it ouit on my phone as of next week. I'm also curious to see how this will be implimented on mi-fi... Oh well, soon see I suppose.

Zarch1972

Zarch1972

Diehard

• Senior News Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Husband, Dad, Wednesdayite and Geek!
  • Devices:iPhone 5S, Nexus 7, Chromebook
  • Twitter:@Zarch1972

Ovivo saga continues:
http://ovivomobile.c...tising-is-back/

The nuts & bolts of it (without the child friendly graphics) are -
*Each time you open your phone browser you will see a selection of offers from chosen partners that they think will be relevant to you.
*Click on offer or after 5 seconds you can press “Continue”" at the bottom of the page to continue browsing to your chosen site.

Too intrusive? I don't think it will be so will be trying it ouit on my phone as of next week. I'm also curious to see how this will be implimented on mi-fi... Oh well, soon see I suppose.

Yeah, I stuck the info in the post about their APN changes.

http://www.modaco.co...-settings-r1044

Only time will tell how annoying the ads become. :(

lineone

lineone

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:OSF - KonstaT 2.3.5

six months on and both ovivo and samba are going strong.

and between myself and my son we've saved about £150 :)

madsam106

madsam106

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

I activated my Ovivo sim yesterday and ported over me number from Giffgaff on my Ascend G300. All's well except on this phone I use Opera mini beta 5 for browsing as the forums I frequent appear much better, the settings for Ovivo obviously default the stock browser so it can redirect to ads which I have no problem with as I'm getting a good deal. Is there a way to set Opera as my default, I've tried the old 

Settings-applications-manage applications-clear default but the clear default is greyed out on stock browser

any ideas folks?

madsam106

madsam106

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

still not found a solution to this, any ideas Modaco'ers?

dna108

dna108

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I activated my Ovivo sim yesterday and ported over me number from Giffgaff on my Ascend G300. All's well except on this phone I use Opera mini beta 5 for browsing as the forums I frequent appear much better, the settings for Ovivo obviously default the stock browser so it can redirect to ads which I have no problem with as I'm getting a good deal. Is there a way to set Opera as my default, I've tried the old 

Settings-applications-manage applications-clear default but the clear default is greyed out on stock browser

any ideas folks?

Ovivo does not like the socket port

In Opera mini you need to go into settings->advanced->protocol

and change it form Socket/HTTP to just HTTP

everett_psycho

everett_psycho

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Advent Vega
Old thread I know, but ovivo have put out a message tonight that they are to close down effective immediately

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users