Nitroglass: How to get on our skate 1GB internal memory???

Guest Viento del Sur

Guest Viento del Sur

Besides the script of great Croniccorey int2ext + (xda) commented here, I propose an alternative ....

I have developed a new script to use the sd-ext as internal memory. In Spanish forum HTCMania been tested successfully with several skate roms. (2.3.x, 4.x).

Since I have obtained from MoDaCo support for several issues, I invite you also can use it.

Just one problem ... I can't support it in English on MoDaCo.....

However, I will gladly give you the link:

To refer to it in HtcMania:

http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=543437 (By colombina77)

See a litte exemple (with 512MB EXT in this case): IMAGE

Note: I repeat: I can't give support for this post in English. If this post is not correct or not mach with rules of this forum, I request it to be deleted.

================================ for developers ======================================================

I only ask to developers what they decide to include Nitroglass in their roms, do mention to original author in your credits and refer download link to the original forum HTCMania Spanish. To publish roms roms can be installed into init.d with the appropriate permissions.

I ask for nothing, only credits to "Viento del sur" from MoDaCo is the same person who colombina77 of HTCMania....

For support, I prefer to refer it to the Spanish forum (I have problems with the language), or be patient in this thread.

Thx!

=====================================================================================================

Added:

questions:

Could you write me something about it, how it works, how it links memories, does it take or IMPLIES RAM memory, how That Affects on the speed of Android? or anything else it could be useful ...

ANSWERS:

Nitroglass is a script that runs roms with init.d support

- Move the user apps and all dalvik-cache at Ext partition

- Maintains "data" (basically /data/data) in internal memory for speed.

-It's a combination of consecutive mounts partitions, which do not require any use of the RAM. Once the information is moved to the Ext, It's mounted on internal /Data and so Android "see" 1GB of internal memory.... Data of Apss (and the other internal memory folders) never move from the internal memory. This use what I call "a mirror mount" (a personal concept, which is the true originality of the script... -if I may say so-) These makes the rom not lose speed, and "gprs signal "or" wifi "never are altered.

If you are using an SD Class10 not have any lag. Honestly, is the fastest way I know to go to our apps into card. This is my view!!

Because 512mb or 1gb? (2GB is crazy!)

Ideally, you should format the Ext following relationship:

100 MB free internal memory ---> 500 mb in Ext

This is because /data/data still remain in internal memory and need that space.

So it all depends on your current tpt skate and free memory left after installing your rom .... In general, TPT2 and factory tpt, usually left free 100-120M. This allows us a 500-600mb Ext. Therefore, it is safest to choose ext-512 (again, the message is risky: "out of memory")

------------------------

PS.:

In TPT2, I also use "other personal script" by leaving free 200MB for "data", so I can format 1GB Ext-

Edited by Viento del Sur

Guest Viento del Sur

I think that this is something different.... In samsung seem to have internal and external memory. In Zte not.

Nitroglass meant for those androids who have only internal memory. And what it does is move the apps to the sd-card ext. It is a philosophy similar to a2sd, d2ext, int2ext, etc ...

Guest emilpoul

Then .......its huge awesome ,and could help a lot wirh ics and jb rom .why they don't apply our devs. But what coul happen when you connect with pc:mellow:

Guest Viento del Sur

Nothing, its another partition.

Android "see" the ext3 partition and "thinks" it's internal memory, direct ...

Then .......its huge awesome ,and could help a lot wirh ics and jb rom .why they don't apply our devs. But what coul happen when you connect with pc:mellow:

Yes, also works in JB and ICS ...

....And don't apply MoDaCo developers because ... just 2 months ago I created, It is absolutely new. ... He was being tested in my group HTCMania ...

Guest Viento del Sur

Well, as I said before, everyone zte user from modaco is invited to use freely.

I only ask to developers what they decide to include Nitroglass in their roms, do mention to original author in your credits and refer download link to the original forum HTCMania Spanish.

"Viento del sur" from MoDaCo is the same person who colombina77 of HTCMania.... (see firts post)

about:

I wrote this script to pesonal use in my roms on zte skate, and seeing that is very stable and faster than a2sd and int2ext, I decided to share it.

• 512MB/1GB recommend Ext3.
  • Tested in skate, 2.3x roms and 4. +.
  • Work on any phone that has [internal Memory + SD]
  • Very recommended (like any other script) a fast sd. Ideal class10
  • Transfer Apps and Dalvik-cache to the ext, and keeps /data/data in internal memory for speed.
  • It is absolutely automatic, no user intervention required.

Enjoy it!

Guest emilpoul

Guys,please, allow me to apply my apologize. I put this symbol :D because I see that this script it give many help to oyr phones, such as 1gb internal memory.also didn't want to load it 3 times,just from app I made 3 tries to post the smile.

if the moderator wants please lets remove the 2 of them

Guest omegavesko

Guys,please, allow me to apply my apologize. I put this symbol :D because I see that this script it give many help to oyr phones, such as 1gb internal memory.also didn't want to load it 3 times,just from app I made 3 tries to post the smile.

if the moderator wants please lets remove the 2 of them

Hah, Tapatalk does that sometimes. I've had it happen too. I imagine the MoDaCo app is also affected since it's based on Tapatalk.

And anyway the Script is worth a lot of smiles.

I am going crazy, installing more and more apps on my skate :-).

ParanoidJelly and this script are a perfect combination.

Guest emilpoul

Well my problem it seems that isn't the app.but that our skate is wifi 802.11 d,g .my wifi modem is basically n .so I apply an app,named wifi fixer, seems that is working,but not so perfect :).

About the script, I am waiting cecos latest work to decide if I will not any more use the awesome MoKee OS.

That's it :)

Guest Viento del Sur

@emilpoul

The wifi is another topic but ... my OrangeMontecarlo (Spanish skate) works perfectly at speed g and n.

@ Georger

I love that you liked!!!

Edited by Viento del Sur

Guest emilpoul

Hmm :| ,mine don't,and don't know why.but in modems b and g its rock's for sure. To this modem,with out this app,its 10 times worst that the worst gprs signal.

Any way :)

Guest Viento del Sur

I never flash 4.+ (Do not like). But in HTCMania nitroglass have tested several roms 4.+ without problems ...

Make a backup (just in case) and try it.

Guest Viento del Sur

At the request of a user, I add information about the script...

I Edit the first post for everyone know.

Edited by Viento del Sur

Guest themarkoface

I read it, your answer, so that means that internal memory is used like a RAM memory? Am I wright?

Also I have two questions more:

1) When I made third partition od SD Card, (512 MB for example) do I need to make any swap size on SD Card?

2) Could you tell us the right (perfect) way to install it? I gess first we have to make partitions, then wipe data....

Thanks a lot Viento del Sur !

This is really great work!

Edited by themarkoface

Guest Viento del Sur

I read it, your answer, so that means that internal memory is used like a RAM memory? Am I wright?

Also I have two questions more:

1) When I made third partition od SD Card, (512 MB for example) do I need to make any swap size on SD Card?

2) Could you tell us the right (perfect) way to install it? I gess first we have to make partitions, then wipe data....

Thanks a lot Viento del Sur !

This is really great work!

0) Nitroglass has no relation to the ram! The ram is intact.

1) Nitroglass not use swap. It is not necessary that partition.

2) installation:

(you included my file-script 04nitroglass-v2 into init.d, with permissions 0775 or 0777 of course)

- Recovery:

1.--- Format sd-ext (if not exist, make partition ext512/ 0swap /)

2.--- 3 wipes

3.--- also Format /system (always my personal recommendation)

4. --- install zip from sd

5. --- reboot system

(see private)

Edited by Viento del Sur

Guest Omar korom

(you included my file-script 04nitroglass-v2 into init.d, with permissions 0775 or 0777 of course)

Where I can find the init.d ? is it a floder ? and how to add permissions ?

Edited by Omar korom