Social Gallery draining the battery?

Guest MrPuddington

Guest MrPuddington

I have terrible battery life on my phone, even at very light use with WiFi and everything else off it drains the battery in just over a day. And I think it used to be better.

The battery settings say that "Social Gallery" is keeping the phone awake, which would explain the bad battery life. Has anybody else had this problem? I have disabled it for now, and I will see how that goes.

This is with the stock Orange ROM, rooted. So I still have all the bloatware, but I could delete it if necessary.

I can just imagine the discussion with QA about this app:

QA: This app is terrible, draining the battery for no reason, it has to go.

Manager: But that app is part of of our branding and how we differentiate itself from the competition!

QA: We differentiate ourselves by giving the use terrible battery life?

Manager: You have on clue about marketing.

QA: No, I am just doing QA. You do the marketing...

Edited by MrPuddington

Guest BlueMoonRising

lol, you also have no clue about the Modaco search engine :)

The very first thing to do after acquiring root is to delete Social Gallery and install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moblynx.galleryics&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5tb2JseW54LmdhbGxlcnlpY3MiXQ.. or the app of your choice.

Even disabling Social Gallery doesn't stop it using battery(seriously), just don't ask me how.

I'm afraid it's come up multiple times.

Guest MrPuddington
lol, you also have no clue about the Modaco search engine :)

Quite the contrary, I have a hate no love relationship with it. Usually it says my first search is illegal, and my second search is triggering flood control, and by that point I remember why I hate it and use Google instead.

The very first thing to do after acquiring root is to delete Social Gallery and install https://play.google....GxlcnlpY3MiXQ.. or the app of your choice.

Even disabling Social Gallery doesn't stop it using battery(seriously), just don't ask me how.

Thanks. I can confirm that, even "frozen" it still uses battery. I have uninstalled it from Titanium Backup now, and I hope that does the trick.

Other than that, the Orange bloatware seems not so bad. I hate the Orange icons, but not enough to do anything about it.

Edited by MrPuddington