Wifi problem

Guest DetectiveHargitay

Guest DetectiveHargitay

Hi

My home wifi network was running really slowly on my phone so I disconnected and now it won't reconnect, says there's an 'authentication problem'. I've tried forgetting and readding the wifi network but to no avail. However, my phone does connect to other wifi networks at school or at other peoples houses.

Also, both my laptop and my iPod connect to the home wifi network fine so I know it isn't a problem with that, it's a problem with the phone.

I've tried a factory reset but it hasn't helped (which is annoying).

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks

Guest topcat07
Hi

My home wifi network was running really slowly on my phone so I disconnected and now it won't reconnect, says there's an 'authentication problem'. I've tried forgetting and readding the wifi network but to no avail. However, my phone does connect to other wifi networks at school or at other peoples houses.

Also, both my laptop and my iPod connect to the home wifi network fine so I know it isn't a problem with that, it's a problem with the phone.

I've tried a factory reset but it hasn't helped (which is annoying).

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks

think you may need to authenticate the router with the phone it may be filtering on mac address. Go into your router configuration through pc and look for connected devices and mac address options

Guest DetectiveHargitay

DaveSimonH - I tried that first but it didn't help :/

topcat07 - I've looked all over the main computer and checked all the network settings and there isn't anything anywhere about authentication or authenticating devices or filtering mac addresses. Is there anything else I can do?

Guest BlueMoonRising

You need to access the router from your browser, for instance the BT Home Hub is 192.168.1.254 by default. Just put '192.168.1.254' into a new tab in your browser. Obviously this is just for the BT hub, you should have a link to yours somewhere in your programs.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest DetectiveHargitay

Thanks for your suggestions. We called the helpline for our internet provider and they managed to sort it out.

I don't know what was wrong but hey, i'm not complaining haha

Thanks again for all your help :)